THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: New season tickets
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:51 am 

Add this to the discussion.. Have the increases actually generated more cash? I know several season ticket holders who have traded down including several from Club Black who now have tickets in the Cowshed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:24 am 

Camdenite wrote:
AB4 wrote:
The club website says over 4k season tickets have been sold. That seems lower than usual to me. Am I wrong?
If it is lower, then is it due to the increase in price (especially u12s)?

Yeah, it’s a fair bit lower, but I’ve always heard that a significant number come in just before the first game and still pay in readies at the desk.

I’m sure the price increases have had some effect, but I don’t think we’re too far off where we usually are two weeks before the first game of the season. It’s hovered around 5,000 for the last few years now, and bumped up a little with half ST’s in January. The discussion is really whether we should have gained new ST holders off the back of last season, not merely maintained numbers?

We will be lower because of the lack of free U12 season tickets (or a £1 or whatever they were) there were a number of fans (maybe grandparents/aunts/uncles etc) who got these on spec for when kids visited which will be replaced by occasional ticket sales as req'd.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:56 am 

Then we get 1k for an away day at Cambridge. Similar numbers to the promotion push last season. So the support seems to be still there.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:12 am 

My plastic has just arrived in the post, looks smart this year

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:42 am 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
My plastic has just arrived in the post, looks smart this year

I will be unimpressed without liberal splashes of oil stains…

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:52 am 

One thing I forgot to mention about the digital tickets is that it depends on what phone you have too. My uncle comes every now and again and always buys a digital ticket when he does. And every single time he’s had to get a steward to help him in at gate 5 because the scanners won’t fit his phone in.

Give me a card every day over that

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:15 pm 

From trains to football to gigs, the main issue with digital tickets are some of the idiots that use them not the technology. If anyone gets to a train barrier then tries to find their ticket holding up queues they should be banned from boarding the train. Fuck them.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:32 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
One thing I forgot to mention about the digital tickets is that it depends on what phone you have too. My uncle comes every now and again and always buys a digital ticket when he does. And every single time he’s had to get a steward to help him in at gate 5 because the scanners won’t fit his phone in.

That doesn't sound right, particularly as I didn't have a single digital ticket not scan last season which had the correct barcode.
Any idea what the code to be scanned looked like?
There were two for one off tickets. Most had a traditional QR type that didn't work so that could be the problem rather than not being able to scan it because there's plenty of room for any size of phone on all the scanners.
I'd he does the same for next season let me know as I'd be interested to see what happens.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:58 pm 

Runyak Huntz wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

That doesn't sound right, particularly as I didn't have a single digital ticket not scan last season which had the correct barcode.
Any idea what the code to be scanned looked like?
There were two for one off tickets. Most had a traditional QR type that didn't work so that could be the problem rather than not being able to scan it because there's plenty of room for any size of phone on all the scanners.
I'd he does the same for next season let me know as I'd be interested to see what happens.

It was the bar turnstiles if that makes a difference, but his phone would never scan.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:01 am 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
AB4 wrote:
The club website says over 4k season tickets have been sold. That seems lower than usual to me. Am I wrong?
If it is lower, then is it due to the increase in price (especially u12s)?

Yeah, it’s a fair bit lower, but I’ve always heard that a significant number come in just before the first game and still pay in readies at the desk.

I’m sure the price increases have had some effect, but I don’t think we’re too far off where we usually are two weeks before the first game of the season. It’s hovered around 5,000 for the last few years now, and bumped up a little with half ST’s in January. The discussion is really whether we should have gained new ST holders off the back of last season, not merely maintained numbers?

We will be lower because of the lack of free U12 season tickets (or a £1 or whatever they were) there were a number of fans (maybe grandparents/aunts/uncles etc) who got these on spec for when kids visited which will be replaced by occasional ticket sales as req'd.

There is definitely four less from us this season because of the price increases and the messing around with the family corner. I would be surprised if we were the only ones.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next