THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:25 pm 

Now I’m a pretty placid guy and it takes a lot to rile me, but….

I’ve just phoned the box office to find out how I get my parking pass for tomorrow night’s game (I’ve paid for a season pass and it worked up to a point for the Sheffield We’d game) as I haven’t had any communication and the game is now a little over 24 hours away.

I gave up after 52 minutes despite being told throughout my ordeal that I was at position number 1 in the queue. I emailed to tell them to pick up the bloody phone but clearly they’re not reading emails either. I tried calling back to see if they noticed that the red ‘call waiting’ light was flashing, only to find I was now number 6 in the queue.

This is supposed to be a professional football club and yet it seems to be impossible to get through to the box office. No wonder our season ticket base is declining and the number of walk-ups is so low. With everything else failing miserably on the fan experience front it seems increasingly apparent that we’re all just numbers to be used, abused and fleeced of our money at every turn. I’ve got a lifetime of business experience behind me and would knock the box office into shape in a couple of days at most. I’m also semi-retired so if anyone at the club wants to offer me a consultancy job to sort out this shitshow then you know where I am.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:25 pm 

I can think of very little around the club that is fit for purpose at the minute.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:35 pm 

Bedfordian wrote:
Now I’m a pretty placid guy and it takes a lot to rile me, but….

I’ve just phoned the box office to find out how I get my parking pass for tomorrow night’s game (I’ve paid for a season pass and it worked up to a point for the Sheffield We’d game) as I haven’t had any communication and the game is now a little over 24 hours away.

I gave up after 52 minutes despite being told throughout my ordeal that I was at position number 1 in the queue. I emailed to tell them to pick up the bloody phone but clearly they’re not reading emails either. I tried calling back to see if they noticed that the red ‘call waiting’ light was flashing, only to find I was now number 6 in the queue.

This is supposed to be a professional football club and yet it seems to be impossible to get through to the box office. No wonder our season ticket base is declining and the number of walk-ups is so low. With everything else failing miserably on the fan experience front it seems increasingly apparent that we’re all just numbers to be used, abused and fleeced of our money at every turn. I’ve got a lifetime of business experience behind me and would knock the box office into shape in a couple of days at most. I’m also semi-retired so if anyone at the club wants to offer me a consultancy job to sort out this shitshow then you know where I am.

email went out today as well. any staff who work less than 23 hours a week can now only get buy one get one free on league game tickets. Before it was 2 free. Now not an issue for me as I've got no one to get them for anyway. But based on about 20000 empty seats seems a bit odd really. Even if they bought a coffee and a burger it's better than nothing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:10 pm 

Here's a throwback, does anyone else remember when those ticket booths along the side of the stadium used to be manned on matchdays? I almost can't think back myself, sometimes I wonder if I dreamt it all :?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:22 pm 

Locutus wrote:
Here's a throwback, does anyone else remember when those ticket booths along the side of the stadium used to be manned on matchdays? I almost can't think back myself, sometimes I wonder if I dreamt it all :?

Wasn't the one in the standard corner open the season when Covid hit?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:31 pm 

Do they not want anybody in the stadium?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:50 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Do they not want anybody in the stadium?

It's 'managed decline' like Thatcher and Liverpool in the 80s. :lol:

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:37 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Locutus wrote:

Wasn't the one in the standard corner open the season when Covid hit?

I honestly can't remember, I know the one on the east stand hasn't seen any use in years.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:12 pm 

I’ve got a season pass for the car park but was only issued a ticket for the Wednesday game. I emailed them last Monday to ask for an updated one (I’m assuming I can get with number plate recognition but who knows?). Nothing….

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:41 pm 

AMKD wrote:
I’ve got a season pass for the car park but was only issued a ticket for the Wednesday game. I emailed them last Monday to ask for an updated one (I’m assuming I can get with number plate recognition but who knows?). Nothing….

I’ve also got a season pass with a printed off paper permit, but what’s the point if it’s supposed to be ANPR system?

It’s like running two parking two parking methods at the same time, either ANPR works or it doesn’t.

Very confusing, just like everything else at the club