THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: New ticket prices
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:50 pm 

I’d say our season ticket prices are very good value for a stadium of our quality.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:53 pm 

dons50 wrote:
I’d say our season ticket prices are very good value for a stadium of our quality.

Horrid soulless place. The comfy seats, hot water in the toilets, ease of access etc just don't compensate.
PW out.
I wish I lived in Northampton ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:43 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
PhilF wrote:
My direct debit has increased from £34.67 per month to £73.37 :shock:

On this season or the season before? This season was always a one off.

One off or not thats the price you are paying now. I am paying £11 more a month than what I am paying now. I wasn't even a ST holder two seasons ago. So to me that is £11 a month I have to find from somewhere. I mean we could say that fuel has doubled since two years ago when it was 99p a litre, but it hasn't cause last year it was £1.40. Using what happened two seasons ago is not really relevant to what people are paying this year.

Of course it's relevant. 19/20 was the last season that we were outright paying to go in and watch 23 games of football. The only reason that this seasons were so cheap was because we capped it at the price of iFollow passes on the off chance Covid would get worse again and we'd have to go back behind closed doors.

You are correct. But nobody is currently paying for what they were charged two years ago. Least your dumb as bricks if you are. They are paying for what they are charged this season so the increase is more steep due to the one off season. Nobody said they were expecting it to be as cheap as this season but in relative terms to what they are paying now its a 33% increase at least. Yes compared to the last "full price" season it's not that bad but take that out your head compared to what people have been charged that still extra money people have to find from somewhere as I say £11 a month more for me plus fuel and food as I live 60 odd miles away. But thats me personally. The ST price is possible. But rip off fuel merchants will not drop their prices unless forced so its the travel costs and the other costs that's putting me off for now. As I say I may get a half ST for Christmas if I can afford it.

The point is more that this current season is effectively a different purchase. The price is based on watching it from home. Now that isn't going to be a factor so of course the prices will be more along the lines of 19/20.

Then add the fact that there hasn't been a price increase in 7 years and add inflation, the financial troubles of the last two years etc I'm not at all surprised that we've put prices up. It might sting people of course, but that's the way of the world now unfortunately.

Whilst I completely get russybcool's frustrations/comments, but Dippy is right. It is kind of like moaning that groceries at back to full price after a special 25% discount the week before on certain items. Whilst the discount was lovely and helpful that does not reflect the true or normal value and shouldn't be considered so. I hope our fans are not put off by the prices, particularly for the kids, but it would be an even bigger shame if somehow people are put off even more because of an incredibly generous and unnecessary discount last season.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:59 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
PhilF wrote:
My direct debit has increased from £34.67 per month to £73.37 :shock:

On this season or the season before? This season was always a one off.

One off or not thats the price you are paying now. I am paying £11 more a month than what I am paying now. I wasn't even a ST holder two seasons ago. So to me that is £11 a month I have to find from somewhere. I mean we could say that fuel has doubled since two years ago when it was 99p a litre, but it hasn't cause last year it was £1.40. Using what happened two seasons ago is not really relevant to what people are paying this year.

Of course it's relevant. 19/20 was the last season that we were outright paying to go in and watch 23 games of football. The only reason that this seasons were so cheap was because we capped it at the price of iFollow passes on the off chance Covid would get worse again and we'd have to go back behind closed doors.

You are correct. But nobody is currently paying for what they were charged two years ago. Least your dumb as bricks if you are. They are paying for what they are charged this season so the increase is more steep due to the one off season. Nobody said they were expecting it to be as cheap as this season but in relative terms to what they are paying now its a 33% increase at least. Yes compared to the last "full price" season it's not that bad but take that out your head compared to what people have been charged that still extra money people have to find from somewhere as I say £11 a month more for me plus fuel and food as I live 60 odd miles away. But thats me personally. The ST price is possible. But rip off fuel merchants will not drop their prices unless forced so its the travel costs and the other costs that's putting me off for now. As I say I may get a half ST for Christmas if I can afford it.

The point is more that this current season is effectively a different purchase. The price is based on watching it from home. Now that isn't going to be a factor so of course the prices will be more along the lines of 19/20.

Then add the fact that there hasn't been a price increase in 7 years and add inflation, the financial troubles of the last two years etc I'm not at all surprised that we've put prices up. It might sting people of course, but that's the way of the world now unfortunately.

Whilst I completely get russybcool's frustrations/comments, but Dippy is right. It is kind of like moaning that groceries at back to full price after a special 25% discount the week before on certain items. Whilst the discount was lovely and helpful that does not reflect the true or normal value and shouldn't be considered so. I hope our fans are not put off by the prices, particularly for the kids, but it would be an even bigger shame if somehow people are put off even more because of an incredibly generous and unnecessary discount last season.

Exactly.

I can’t believe this is even an issue. We got a brilliant deal for a year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:16 am 

It's a great point about last season's prices. I can remember commentating last year when the prices were announced that it was a great, and very generous, gesture.

Everything is expensive at the moment. It's not the club's fault that the cost of living has gone through the roof, and to be fair to them they have a massive business to run. It won't run on fresh air unfortunately.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:30 am 

I'd be intrigued as to know how many U12s have been attending compared to season tickets sold for that age range. I have no idea about events this sizes, but typically you need x amount of security staff for every x amount of people at certain events. I'd assume the same applies for a stadium and if there has been massive differences and wasted resources as they have to predict all season tickets will attend, has this been part of the reason they are no longer free? Or is this to motivate the parents to brings the kids every week as the tickets are actually paid for?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:16 am 

Football fans regularly moan about two things: the price of tickets and that their club doesn’t spend enough money on players.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:27 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
For me just buying an adult season ticket the price difference is about half a pint less a month so no significant impact really but I can understand slight concerns about those with youngsters.

My main is where I sit next season. Genuinely annoyed they are making the corner the family corner, no apology or real explanation for the decision. I've had the same seat for over a decade, made friends with those around me and actually enjoy the view of the game from where I sit. I don't want to be surrounded by a load of kids, well their parents probably want to sit by me even less.
May just sit in the away ends going forward :lol:

Pretty much everyone who sat in the corner remains there, I'm glad everyone sat around me decided to remain in their seats. It was maybe a little busier towards the wing and lower down, and whilst it is the school summer holidays I felt like there were no more families than usual. Will be interesting to see if there are any families or young kids in it going forward once school starts again, maybe a handful but I doubt a significant amount based on yesterday.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:12 pm 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
I appreciate the season started early and it's peak holiday time right now, but Club Red did look a bit emptier than I expected it to be for an important first home game of the season, imho.
I guess the true impact of the changes will be revealed once we're into September.

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:16 pm 

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd just reboot this one...

I assume most of you have had the email from the club titled:

MK Dons Ticket Pricing Consultation 2024/2025?

I would post the text but it's not been enabled for copy/paste; click on it and it takes you to a survey. But basically, the gist is that they plan to hold prices at current levels if we stay in L2. Further, the prices will be held for existing season ticket holders even if we do gain promotion (Ts & Cs apply). Car parking will also remain the same. The consultation is looking for our input on the prices, next season, for NEW season tickets and for one-off ticket purchases.

What do y'all think?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next