THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: New ticket prices
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:59 am 

keyser soze wrote:
New DD for me = £31.84 (inc. £1 pm for academy draw). So, basically, either a) don't bring your kids, or b) sit in the Cowshed, not the posh areas, or c) both and the cost barely rises.

OK, a flippant post and I genuinely feel for the fans who are having to make tough decisions between paying for the basic bills, or coming to football. Let's hope this current economic downturn is short-lived.

This.

I had the letter through the letterbox yesterday, felt like yet another bill, which is all we seem to get at the moment. Our utility bill is set to increase by almost £1000 next year. Before I left my job a couple of weeks ago I filled up with diesel, which cost £1.53 a liter. Walked the dog past the same station yesterday morning, £1.77. That's a massive increase in less than three weeks. Massive! Every time we do our weekly shop, it's gone up. So my sympathy to those struggling at the moment. I'm still going to go irrespective of the cost. I don't do much else. I've stopped going to gigs, too expensive. We have horses, feed, livery, farrier, all gone up. I'm sixty in June, sixty! Fuck me. I've worked my entire life, so I'd be pissed off if I couldn't do the one thing I look forward to doing because of the cost. But that's only me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:42 am 

dons50 wrote:
PhilF wrote:
My direct debit has increased from £34.67 per month to £73.37 :shock:

The energy companies are doing it so why not MK Dons.

Is this also Putin’s fault?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:23 am 

PhilF wrote:

On this season or the season before? This season was always a one off.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:29 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
PhilF wrote:

£41.17 last season, £34.67 this season and £73.37 next season, all on a like for like basis. It just feels like a heck of an increase

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:35 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
PhilF wrote:

One off or not thats the price you are paying now. I am paying £11 more a month than what I am paying now. I wasn't even a ST holder two seasons ago. So to me that is £11 a month I have to find from somewhere. I mean we could say that fuel has doubled since two years ago when it was 99p a litre, but it hasn't cause last year it was £1.40. Using what happened two seasons ago is not really relevant to what people are paying this year.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:04 am 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
PhilF wrote:

One off or not thats the price you are paying now. I am paying £11 more a month than what I am paying now. I wasn't even a ST holder two seasons ago. So to me that is £11 a month I have to find from somewhere. I mean we could say that fuel has doubled since two years ago when it was 99p a litre, but it hasn't cause last year it was £1.40. Using what happened two seasons ago is not really relevant to what people are paying this year.

Of course it's relevant. 19/20 was the last season that we were outright paying to go in and watch 23 games of football. The only reason that this seasons were so cheap was because we capped it at the price of iFollow passes on the off chance Covid would get worse again and we'd have to go back behind closed doors.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:22 am 

DippyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
PhilF wrote:

Of course it's relevant. 19/20 was the last season that we were outright paying to go in and watch 23 games of football. The only reason that this seasons were so cheap was because we capped it at the price of iFollow passes on the off chance Covid would get worse again and we'd have to go back behind closed doors.

You are correct. But nobody is currently paying for what they were charged two years ago. Least your dumb as bricks if you are. They are paying for what they are charged this season so the increase is more steep due to the one off season. Nobody said they were expecting it to be as cheap as this season but in relative terms to what they are paying now its a 33% increase at least. Yes compared to the last "full price" season it's not that bad but take that out your head compared to what people have been charged that still extra money people have to find from somewhere as I say £11 a month more for me plus fuel and food as I live 60 odd miles away. But thats me personally. The ST price is possible. But rip off fuel merchants will not drop their prices unless forced so its the travel costs and the other costs that's putting me off for now. As I say I may get a half ST for Christmas if I can afford it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:49 am 

It's still cheap for Championship football I reckon.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:45 am 

Russybcool wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
PhilF wrote:

You are correct. But nobody is currently paying for what they were charged two years ago. Least your dumb as bricks if you are. They are paying for what they are charged this season so the increase is more steep due to the one off season. Nobody said they were expecting it to be as cheap as this season but in relative terms to what they are paying now its a 33% increase at least. Yes compared to the last "full price" season it's not that bad but take that out your head compared to what people have been charged that still extra money people have to find from somewhere as I say £11 a month more for me plus fuel and food as I live 60 odd miles away. But thats me personally. The ST price is possible. But rip off fuel merchants will not drop their prices unless forced so its the travel costs and the other costs that's putting me off for now. As I say I may get a half ST for Christmas if I can afford it.

The point is more that this current season is effectively a different purchase. The price is based on watching it from home. Now that isn't going to be a factor so of course the prices will be more along the lines of 19/20.

Then add the fact that there hasn't been a price increase in 7 years and add inflation, the financial troubles of the last two years etc I'm not at all surprised that we've put prices up. It might sting people of course, but that's the way of the world now unfortunately.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:30 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
It's still cheap for Championship football I reckon.

TGGI

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next