THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 3:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: New ticket prices
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:30 am 

For me just buying an adult season ticket the price difference is about half a pint less a month so no significant impact really but I can understand slight concerns about those with youngsters.

My main is where I sit next season. Genuinely annoyed they are making the corner the family corner, no apology or real explanation for the decision. I've had the same seat for over a decade, made friends with those around me and actually enjoy the view of the game from where I sit. I don't want to be surrounded by a load of kids, well their parents probably want to sit by me even less. May just sit in the away ends going forward :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:56 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
For me just buying an adult season ticket the price difference is about half a pint less a month so no significant impact really but I can understand slight concerns about those with youngsters.

My main is where I sit next season. Genuinely annoyed they are making the corner the family corner, no apology or real explanation for the decision. I've had the same seat for over a decade, made friends with those around me and actually enjoy the view of the game from where I sit. I don't want to be surrounded by a load of kids, well their parents probably want to sit by me even less. May just sit in the away ends going forward :lol:

What is the current family corner becoming? Seems strange to move them over for now real reason? Unless they feel they're better suited to being near the slums of the East Stand, as opposed to Club Red.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:09 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:

What is the current family corner becoming? Seems strange to move them over for now real reason? Unless they feel they're better suited to being near the slums of the East Stand, as opposed to Club Red.

IIRC, one of the reasons given was that the Family Corner was more popular and would look better as part of the existing camera field of view than the rather sparse existing corner. I can't recall the precise number, but there are not many ST's sold for the existing East Corner.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:15 am 

Third Team Lucky wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:

IIRC, one of the reasons given was that the Family Corner was more popular and would look better as part of the existing camera field of view than the rather sparse existing corner. I can't recall the precise number, but there are not many ST's sold for the existing East Corner.

That and to move the kids nearer the kids area next to Lewington's.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:30 pm 

Third Team Lucky wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:

I can understand that, however, and I apologise if I've missed something, but there's a lack of clarity over what the actual community area is. I'd also be intrigued as to if the family area ends up looking emptier than the current standard corner with the new pricing for u12s . Obviously it's difficult to predict sales and please everyone, and there's clearly been a lot of consideration into the decision. Just selfishly annoying to have to find a new seat because I dislike the view from the Cowshed, the sun in the east stand can be a Ladybit and I don't want to be in a family oriented area.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:41 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Third Team Lucky wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:

I can understand that, however, and I apologise if I've missed something, but there's a lack of clarity over what the actual community area is. I'd also be intrigued as to if the family area ends up looking emptier than the current standard corner with the new pricing for u12s . Obviously it's difficult to predict sales and please everyone, and there's clearly been a lot of consideration into the decision. Just selfishly annoying to have to find a new seat because I dislike the view from the Cowshed, the sun in the east stand can be a Ladybit and I don't want to be in a family oriented area.

Do you sit high or low? If high, I’d probably just keep my seat if I was you. The kids will usually be more towards the bottom of the stand.

Maybe also run it by the club, with an option of moving your ST after the first few games?

As you’ve mentioned, would be good to know what the plan is for the “community stand”. Seems to be no description anywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:19 pm 

I’m currently in the family section with an U18 and 2 U12’s - they’re aren’t many children considering where we sit and I think this change is a total cop out. As someone else has said, instead of asking those that have outgrown the section to move, the decision is based on there being less resistance to move the kids. I am really hacked off about it

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:10 am 

I can't justify it at the moment. As of next month as it will be for all of us and extra £50 for utilities a month. An extra god knows for fuel plus whatever they decide for food. I just can't justify the 120 mile round trip at the moment. Maybe see the lie of the land and I may get a half season ticket in Jan but for now I just can't justify the cost.

But on a side note. How we ever going to grow the fan base is beyond me. If we do get out this crappy league then we need to stay out of it. Last week was good in terms of walk ups but the football from a nuteral was not brilliant so I can't imagine it sold MK dons to them. We seem to stagnate around the 8k mark there must be a reason to it

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:03 am 
Russybcool wrote:
I can't justify it at the moment. As of next month as it will be for all of us and extra £50 for utilities a month. An extra god knows for fuel plus whatever they decide for food. I just can't justify the 120 mile round trip at the moment. Maybe see the lie of the land and I may get a half season ticket in Jan but for now I just can't justify the cost.

But on a side note. How we ever going to grow the fan base is beyond me. If we do get out this crappy league then we need to stay out of it. Last week was good in terms of walk ups but the football from a nuteral was not brilliant so I can't imagine it sold MK dons to them. We seem to stagnate around the 8k mark there must be a reason to it

All fair points. I think everyone, Winkie included, would have expected more than one season in the Championship by now and probably at least one season in the Prem after 18 years, especially as Wimbledon were in the old Division One when the move happened and were in the Prem 3 years before that. Had we spent most of our existence in the Championship I expect we'd regularly be seeing 15k by now. If we go back up, we'd get 13k-ish with 10k-ish home support in the first season.

This is the problem - we've stagnated for too long in L1/L2 with no real overall progress. It's been one step forward, one step back every few seasons and there aren't many clubs that have spent as long in L1 was we have over the last 2 decades. In terms of attracting new fans, there's hardly anything appealing is there, constantly seeing where we are in the football pyramid.

Short/medium/long term we need to gain promotion to the Championship as soon as possible and become stable at that level. Really we need more investment to compete with all the strong teams at this level, and that level of competition will only increase. We're punching above our weight as it is.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:50 am 

Russybcool wrote:

No one buys a season ticket without going to a few matches first and when we have the big matches, like Wigan, you see a larger crowd but people want to be able to buy a ticket quickly and the huge queues puts people off returning. The mobile ticket will help but a friend, who is a member, told me you can't buy a member discounted ticket so he either rings up (and waits) or buys a pensioner ticket and hope no one notices (they don't). It was much easier when you paid on a turnstile to a fingerless gloved woman.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next