THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dan Kemp
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:47 pm 

Dan Kemp has won Swindon's player of the season, as voted by fans.

https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/fo ... on-4608490

Good for him.

Post subject: Re: Dan Kemp
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:20 am 

I'd love to know if anyone at this level has had such crazy success out on loan but failed to replicate the form at the parent club as much as Kemp has done? He's 9th top scorer in the division from an attacking midfield role with an insane 17 goals. But he's probably my 4th or 5th choice for that role and I don't even think we are that good

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:24 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
I'd love to know if anyone at this level has had such crazy success out on loan but failed to replicate the form at the parent club as much as Kemp has done? He's 9th top scorer in the division from an attacking midfield role with an insane 17 goals. But he's probably my 4th or 5th choice for that role and I don't even think we are that good

I was desperate to get him back in January. Arguably the best player in the league for Swindon and was brilliant for Hartlepool too.

I just don't understand why it doesn't work for him here. Every game he has become poorer and poorer. Loses the ball almost every time, slipping over, out of position. It can't be a confidence thing as he returned to us in great form.

It was telling how poor he's been when the only minutes he can get in our final game of the season (with nothing to play for) is filling in at LWB.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:06 am 

I think I was consistent ( will no doubt be proved wrong) in saying that he was the biggest pile of putrid dogshit of a player for us that I could recall, and that includes the likes of Oyegoke and Upson, but I was hoping so much he could come back and replicate his Swindon form but for whatever reason hes the former version of himself here and sadly not the latter.

Unfortunately having played him on his return it looks almost certain that he will leave for nothing in the summer when we could have got decent money for him in January. Thats the role of the dice though and one I agreed with at the time. Ive no idea why he cant do it in this team but he clearly cant so best for his career and our wage bill all round.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:15 pm 

Unfortunately, his performances have been exactly the same as they were in his cameos before his plans.

It hasn't worked. We've played him in a different role but he can't trap a bag of cement. It's a shame and I wish it came good, but it hasn't. Too much pressure, which I think he puts on himself

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:35 pm 

I just don’t get why he cannot perform in a Dons shirt, he was sensational at Swindon then comes back here and reverts back to a crap player, makes me think he didn’t really want to return and would rather have stayed there

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:24 pm 

He always seems to have a smile on his face and tries hard, that something you can't accuse him of but again, that's the bare minimum I ask for.. try hard. And it hasn't been enough. He seems to have been happy here in the first 6/8 weeks but its fallen off rapidly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:34 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
He always seems to have a smile on his face and tries hard, that something you can't accuse him of but again, that's the bare minimum I ask for.. try hard. And it hasn't been enough. He seems to have been happy here in the first 6/8 weeks but its fallen off rapidly

I think his problem is he tries too hard.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:59 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

He definitelyndoes. He's caught on two minds.

Part of me wants to see him given a pre season, absolutely 100% told he's part of the gaffers plans, and given a more free role once a mini rebuild occurs in the summer.

The wiser part of me knows we aren't offering him a new deal, and it's probably for the best. I do wonder though if he was offered a deal whether he'd sign it? A contract is a contract but he wants to play games. Does he feel he's done enough to prove to MW what he's capable of (managers see things differently to us all after all) or does he feel he has done enough elsewhere over the past 12 months to get another suitor, a contract that'd play him the way the other two clubs did...? He seems to back himself, it's just where he wants to do it I'd imagine.

He's definitely better than Swindon

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 6:08 am 

Alby39 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

He definitelyndoes. He's caught on two minds.

Part of me wants to see him given a pre season, absolutely 100% told he's part of the gaffers plans, and given a more free role once a mini rebuild occurs in the summer.

The wiser part of me knows we aren't offering him a new deal, and it's probably for the best. I do wonder though if he was offered a deal whether he'd sign it? A contract is a contract but he wants to play games. Does he feel he's done enough to prove to MW what he's capable of (managers see things differently to us all after all) or does he feel he has done enough elsewhere over the past 12 months to get another suitor, a contract that'd play him the way the other two clubs did...? He seems to back himself, it's just where he wants to do it I'd imagine.

He's definitely better than Swindon

He was offered one just after he returned from Swindon and turned it down, supposedly