THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Dan Kemp
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 6:45 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
He always seems to have a smile on his face and tries hard, that something you can't accuse him of but again, that's the bare minimum I ask for.. try hard. And it hasn't been enough. He seems to have been happy here in the first 6/8 weeks but its fallen off rapidly

I think his problem is he tries too hard.

I think his problem is that he is a shit, lower-League 2 level, footballer with an attitude problem. Won't be missed.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 6:45 am 

Which makes sense, I'd have turned it down too to see how things play out.. if I've gone back to an ex missus I'm not marrying her straight away

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 6:47 am 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
He always seems to have a smile on his face and tries hard, that something you can't accuse him of but again, that's the bare minimum I ask for.. try hard. And it hasn't been enough. He seems to have been happy here in the first 6/8 weeks but its fallen off rapidly

I think his problem is that he is a shit, lower-League 2 level, footballer with an attitude problem. Won't be missed.

What do you base this on? Everything I'd heard in the Summer backs that up, but context is everything and since he returned everything I've heard about his attitude and application suggests otherwise.
He gets on with all the squad, he was out golfing with the captain the other day in his free time, I don't think Alex Gilbey would be spending his free time with players in the squad who have a terrible attitude

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:00 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

What do you base this on? Everything I'd heard in the Summer backs that up, but context is everything and since he returned everything I've heard about his attitude and application suggests otherwise.
He gets on with all the squad, he was out golfing with the captain the other day in his free time, I don't think Alex Gilbey would be spending his free time with players in the squad who have a terrible attitude

Certainly not based on any inside information or anything.

shit, lower-League 2 level, footballer = he has only done well at shit, lower-League 2 teams and has been consistently crap for us

attitude problem = he clearly didn't want to come back here, and just seems to have a mental block when wearing an MK shirt. I am sure he is a nice guy but he downs tools for us - whether deliberately or not.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:15 am 

I think that's out of order. We don't know if he did or didn't want to come back, nobody knows. He seemed happy enough posing for pictures when he returned and his interview with Luke at the end of January he didn't seem unsettled or unhappy.
And even if he was a bit uncertain, I can't blame him for being so when he's in the form of his life and about to return to a club that hasn't worked for him. He's never spoken ill of us, he's actually remained really professional, to me.

He's playing a very different role to the role he played in Wiltshire and Hartlepool, we aren't going to change a working dynamic to squeeze in a player who, despite his form, hasn't worked for us previously (among others).. but if we didn't recall him, we'd have been crowing for reasons why to this day. I don't think he's been dreadful, he's just looked like a pretty standard 5.5/6/10 squad player, but the squad clearly like him and he seems to have a decent relationship with the head coach so whatever we think of his form I think calling his attitude shit with absolutely nothing to back it up is poor form.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:22 am 

Alby39 wrote:
I think that's out of order. We don't know if he did or didn't want to come back, nobody knows. He seemed happy enough posing for pictures when he returned and his interview with Luke at the end of January he didn't seem unsettled or unhappy.
And even if he was a bit uncertain, I can't blame him for being so when he's in the form of his life and about to return to a club that hasn't worked for him. He's never spoken ill of us, he's actually remained really professional, to me.

He's playing a very different role to the role he played in Wiltshire and Hartlepool, we aren't going to change a working dynamic to squeeze in a player who, despite his form, hasn't worked for us previously (among others).. but if we didn't recall him, we'd have been crowing for reasons why to this day. I don't think he's been dreadful, he's just looked like a pretty standard 5.5/6/10 squad player, but the squad clearly like him and he seems to have a decent relationship with the head coach so whatever we think of his form I think calling his attitude shit with absolutely nothing to back it up is poor form.

I am backing it up with what I have seen with my own eyes - a player who has been very poor for us every time I have watched him, but was player of the season for another team in the same year. There might be a million reasons why its worked out that way. But he has to shoulder most of the blame. He has failed to perform to the best of his abilities for the club that bought him and pays his salary.

But we definitely did the right thing in bringing him back in January. As you say, if we hadn't recalled him, we'd all be pointing to that and thinking its cost us points etc.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:27 am 

I agree he hasn't been good enough, I don't think that automatically means he has a bad attitude which is my gripe with your comments.

He seems he's putting too much pressure on himself, you can see his brain ticking with every touch of the ball and not naturally trusting his ability - adapting to a new position is hard. Doing it whilst trying to maintain form from a different team who play a different way is tough too. It doesn't mean he's been good, but I do understand it and don't question his attitude, personally.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 8:02 am 

Alby39 wrote:
I agree he hasn't been good enough, I don't think that automatically means he has a bad attitude which is my gripe with your comments.

He seems he's putting too much pressure on himself, you can see his brain ticking with every touch of the ball and not naturally trusting his ability - adapting to a new position is hard. Doing it whilst trying to maintain form from a different team who play a different way is tough too. It doesn't mean he's been good, but I do understand it and don't question his attitude, personally.

Fair enough Alby. I also never meant to imply he is a BAD person. Just that, from what I see, the problems here relate to his head not his feet. Regardless, I'd be disappointed to see him feature in our last 3 games and won't miss him at all when he leaves.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 8:03 am 

He'll score the winner at Wembley now I've said that!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 8:33 am 

That accolade has been prescribed to Harrison :D