It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: 50. Lewis Bate
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:50 pm 

Rolls royce

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:58 am 

keyser soze wrote:
He's going to be some player I reckon. Very good today.

Today against Warsaw was probably his best game for us so far. He was pulling all the strings. His vision and touch is first rate. Whoever he goes to next will be getting some player.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:11 am 

One of the most technically gifted players I have seen play at SMK. I really enjoy watching him. If I am honest, he should be nowhere near this level. Fair play to him coming here, as he wouldn't have been short of suitors. If anyone has any doubt about our style, its a big pull for players like Bate for example, who know they can express themselves. He should count himself very unlucky with Leeds. Just seems like Farke doesn't fancy him, but you feel that it could have have gone the other way for him and he could have been given an opportunity there.

Do we stand a chance getting him? Probably not. Even if we do go up, it would be a struggle. If I am a Pompey for example, going up into the champ, Lewis Bate is probably one of the players I would be looking at. Yes hes a diminutive figure, but his positional sense and ability is that good, I have barely noticed. He could do a job in the champ for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:04 pm 

There were a few articles floating around about Leeds changing their mind and offering him a new contract after he has impressed here. I hope they don't - as I'd love him to stay here. If they offer a contract, we have to pay a fee too even if he turns it down.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:26 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
There were a few articles floating around about Leeds changing their mind and offering him a new contract after he has impressed here. I hope they don't - as I'd love him to stay here. If they offer a contract, we have to pay a fee too even if he turns it down.

Offering just to get compensation I suspect

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:38 am 

We won't keep Bate but given he was struggling for opportunities, the positive spell he has had here might make bigger clubs more amenable to letting us have a little borrow of their good young players in future.