THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 16 Conor Grant
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:10 pm 

Really his our forgotten man, which is a shame as he has potential. Not an Alexander type of player and doesn't fit into the formation. He would do best by finding a new club in January.

Post subject: Re: 16 Conor Grant
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:37 pm 

He could be one of the real winners of a MW MK Dons side. Hasn't looked amazing in his two starts, but certainly showed some glimpses and some really quality moments. Bit of a slow burner Grant is and I really want him to do well. He's got his chances, so he needs to continue and push on now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:24 am 

Got nothing against the lad at all but against Bradford and against Swindon I felt he was our weakest performer. He didn't play badly but was in my opinion our weakest player.

Something I wouldn't mind trying is MJ for Robson and then Robson for Grant.

Leko is too selfish for the MW system I think.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:27 am 

farmerdon wrote:
Got nothing against the lad at all but against Bradford and against Swindon I felt he was our weakest performer. He didn't play badly but was in my opinion our weakest player.

I actually think Grant is pretty important to the team. He still needs to improve his first touch as at times it can be a bit wayward, but he’s very skilled on the ball and can get away from his man with ease.

I think a lot of the little things he does go unnoticed. Other than Hunter, we don’t really have anyone else that can offer what he does.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:39 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
farmerdon wrote:

I actually think Grant is pretty important to the team. He still needs to improve his first touch as at times it can be a bit wayward, but he’s very skilled on the ball and can get away from his man with ease.

I think a lot of the little things he does go unnoticed. Other than Hunter, we don’t really have anyone else that can offer what he does.

Countless times he was a passing option yesterday when Tucker was bringing the ball out and our deeper midfielders were either marked or just not looking for the ball.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:30 am 

East Wing Don wrote:

Think you're spot on here. If you look at his assist for Dean's goal, for example, he's so good at finding pockets of space and threading passes.

Lovely footballer who has got up to speed pretty well considering he had an injury-hit pre-season and barely featured under GA.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:13 pm 

Grant has the potential to be a massive player for us. More than any other player in the squad he can thread the ball through the eye of a needle with the perfect weight. Hes a fantastic player he just needs time and patience to get up to speed after being frozen out by the dinosaur. He will be hugely valuable going forward for us though and i get excited everytime hes in space as i know he has it in his locker to defy physics and are level with his key passes.

Hes also got a bit of fight in him as seen by his yellow card yesterday. Cant question his character at all. Hes never appeared to be sulking or problematic despite bein unfairly treated by the dinosaur who had no interest in creativity and a little magician.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:38 pm 

Can’t wrap my head around why GA wasn’t playing Grant.* We look so much more balanced with him in the side. Another assist for Max Dean today.

*actually I can. It’s because GA is a shite manager.