THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: ?? Anthony Stewart
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:22 pm 

Surprised to see him back. Really not sure how much hes going to play, but hes a good player for the level. More akin to a direct style I would imagine, with the Wycombe history.

Post subject: Re: ?? Anthony Stewart
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:57 pm 

I think you know what to expect from him. Physical but touch poor.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:14 am 

Is he injured? If so, once he's back, surely he has very little chance of getting back into the team?

Lewington, Smith and Stewart all very much fringe players now, with O'Hora, Tucker and the converted Harvie very well suited to MW's style.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:49 pm 

I was told he said on the radio he is leaving in January to coach at Chelsea, is that correct.
I thought he had a good game on Tuesday against Northampton and encouraged the younger players.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:04 pm 

TangerineDon wrote:
I was told he said on the radio he is leaving in January to coach at Chelsea, is that correct.
I thought he had a good game on Tuesday against Northampton and encouraged the younger players.

If that's true, fair bloody play to him and what a great opportunity. Sounds like his move to Aberdeen has been a bit of a disaster to be honest. He's probably wondering where he would go on from here as a player and the options are probably very limited. He lives in MK I believe and may not want to go to a Morecambe or a Grimsby for a grand a week.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:15 pm 

TangerineDon wrote:

I may be wrong but Antoni Fruncillo from Coms said on the radio he is taking a role at Chelsea. Has your source got confused or did I miss something?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:59 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
TangerineDon wrote:

I may be wrong but Antoni Fruncillo from Coms said on the radio he is taking a role at Chelsea. Has your source got confused or did I miss something?

Yes very likely a miss understanding thanks for the correction as I hate spreading rumours, I did think it a strange one, appologies if I have caused any problems.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:33 am 

TangerineDon wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
TangerineDon wrote:

Yes very likely a miss understanding thanks for the correction as I hate spreading rumours, I did think it a strange one, appologies if I have caused any problems.

I could be completely wrong myself haha. I was watching/listening snd didn't hear anything from Stewart
But I also tuned out at full time so may have missed something. Who knows haha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:43 am 

Was definitely Antoni on comms yday. Off to Chelsea as a Communications Manager. Finishes with us next week.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:56 am 

It was odd that Stewart didn’t make the bench yesterday, he seemed to come through the Northampton game fine, unless he picked something up in training?

I also wouldn’t be surprised if we’ve been open with him and said we’ll be terminating the loan in January. Our squad is massive and he’s one of a few players that don’t really suit MW style.