THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: 4. Jack Tucker
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:58 pm 

As well as having a good game yesterday, I've just watched Tucker's post match interview on the OS. He talks well and is pretty honest. Well done Jack - keep it going right to the last game. COYD.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:44 pm 

God hes marmite. Personally, I have never been particularly enthusiastic about Tucker. I was expecting a lot more from him and I think hes flattered to deceive. Could argue he's maybe not been as bad as O'Hora in some games this season, but we know the levels that O'Hora can achieve.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:40 pm 

He takes a lot of flak and a lot of responsibility. I give him a break and a thumbs up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:25 am 

Injury worse than first feared and is going to be out for a few weeks. Massive loss in my opinion based on recent form. He's been absolutely dominant on and off the ball in the center of the 3.

He is the one player I trust to do a job in that position. O'Hora tried to play their last season and it just didn't work, he is far better suited to RCB. Lewie, Smith and Harvie are much better suited to LCB and Stewart (even if he's back from injury) doesn't suit MW style of play anywhere in the back 3.

Does anyone know how MJ Williams got on on Saturday? Out of everyone available, he would appear to be our next best option there as he'll be controlled on the ball. My only concern with him is his pace. We saw how important Tucker was against Swindon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:44 am 

MJW was ok in the first half when Tucker went off, but had a bad 20 minute spell at start of second half . Reading sniffed blood a bit then and pressed him which led to his mistake for the 3rd goal. He isn’t that comfortable on the ball. I would have Smith in ahead of him at centre half.

Tucker has been good the last few games and is a big miss.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:49 pm 

Zen wrote:
MJW was ok in the first half when Tucker went off, but had a bad 20 minute spell at start of second half . Reading sniffed blood a bit then and pressed him which led to his mistake for the 3rd goal. He isn’t that comfortable on the ball. I would have Smith in ahead of him at centre half.

I'd avoid playing a left footer in the center to be honest. Left footed players are usually much more one footed than right footed players and in that central role, you need to be decent with both feet.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:35 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Zen wrote:

I'd avoid playing a left footer in the center to be honest. Left footed players are usually much more one footed than right footed players and in that central role, you need to be decent with both feet.

Harvie can use both feet. He's got agression and can tackle, he can carry the ball out of defence, and I really think he'd be well suited with O'Hora and Lewie alongside. Obviously won't be as good as Tucker, but no one would

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:11 pm 

Real blow as hes been great the last half a dozen or so games, contrary to my comment above.

Lets hope its no more than a few weeks. I will be really interested to see what MW's plans are in the meantime. Lewie I dont think is ready to start yet, neither is Stewart, so I would expect to see Smith or MJW shoehorned in at CB.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:37 pm 

I’ve heard Jack has damaged ankle ligaments, not 100% certain that’s correct, but if it is, that’s going to be around six weeks before he’s back playing, with Stewart also sidelined and Lewie just returning, it looks like O’Hora, Smith and Harvie as a back three on Saturday.

Could be more of an issue against AFC with Smith called up by New Zealand

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:35 pm 

Is he still with us? Sure we were told before Christmas that he was back on the grass. Since then, not a single mention of his name.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next