THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: 21. Daniel Harvie
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:53 pm 
Site Admin

Thoughts on how he is currently getting on?

Post subject: Re: 21. Daniel Harvie
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:30 pm 

Great to have him back.

Funny how we all said that his position was probably the weak link last season. Now he's back, we are all relieved. :lol:

Probably a player the rest of the group look to now in terms of experience and an example to follow. Started to put together some consistent performances the back end of last season.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:38 pm 

Relieved to say ive always been a harvie fan even in the face of criticism so wont end up with egg on my face when he ends up in our top performers leaderboard this season. So good to have him back. He does at times last season panic me with his temper and fiery side but every team needs a player with that tenacity and bite like him. One commited challenge from a player like him can lift the whole team and mood. He is the standard bearer for what passion, battling and all round character off the field is at the club. Im sure hes always been regarded as one of the most influential snd popular characters in the dressing room. The bond he and o’hora and now tucker have formed is unrivalled!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:04 am 

Young wingers / wing backs always frustrate and need time to develop (with a few rare exceptions like Ryan Giggs). End product / decision making is the perennial failing. The good ones go on to develop it. When Harvie broke into the team, he had that failing (and Sorinola too). He was less frustrating than Sorinola because he had that aggression and bite in defense. He now looks to be maturing well. We should enjoy him this season, because if we don't go up, he'll likely be gone next summer.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:58 am 
keyser soze wrote:
Young wingers / wing backs always frustrate and need time to develop (with a few rare exceptions like Ryan Giggs). End product / decision making is the perennial failing. The good ones go on to develop it. When Harvie broke into the team, he had that failing (and Sorinola too). He was less frustrating than Sorinola because he had that aggression and bite in defense. He now looks to be maturing well. We should enjoy him this season, because if we don't go up, he'll likely be gone next summer.

Good summary. Harvie had a few critics early on but from the second half of last season he's really pushed forward and put in consistently solid performances.

Post subject: Re: Daniel Harvie
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:42 am 

He has really helped to add some attacking threat in the 2 games he has been in. He's a tricky player to defend against

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:52 am 

@Mods: is it worth merging this with the thread in Players Lounge?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:59 am 

PhilF wrote:
He has really helped to add some attacking threat in the 2 games he has been in. He's a tricky player to defend against

Always got an eye to run at the opposition.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

keyser soze wrote:
@Mods: is it worth merging this with the thread in Players Lounge?

Done :)

Post subject: Harvie
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:51 pm 

Delighted to read he has extended.

I’ve always been a fan of his composure and control [99% of the time :o ] throughout his time with us.

I really rate his contribution to our team play and believe he will sharpen his attacking edge further this season.

Glad you’re still with us young Mr Harvie.

:D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next