THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daniel Harvie
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:03 pm 

Filthier wrote:
He has little end product. Half the time the ball will end up with him in the final third, he'll just stand there with the ball 1v1 but he rarely if ever takes on a defender. Kinda irritates me a bit at how frustrated he gets in almost every game too. At least Sorinola could put a decent cross in or could out-run their full backs.

Harvie should still start as he's part of a team with momentum and on a winning run, but really we need to strengthen in that area. Josh Martin definitely better in that final third but I suppose Harvie is the better defender between the two of them.

I do agree that it is frustrating when Harvie seems to just stop when in a dangerous position, almost overthinking and killing the momentum. I do want to see more from him in terms of assists. However I did feel a bit sorry for him yesterday as Parrott was rarely in the box when he should have been. Comparing him this season to Sorinola of last season is a little unfair I think, Sorinola had a clear target man in the box in Jerome, as well as Morris and Grigg featuring up top throughout the season too. This year we don't seem to play with as much of a target man/striker on the last man, so I'd be intrigued as to whether Sorinola would be as affective. That being said, Sorinola only managed 4 assists and 1 goal last season, with 3 of those assists coming in one game. Harvie chipped in with 3 goals and 3 assists despite making 5 fewer starts.

I'm not really sure if we will see Josh Martin in a full back role, I think if Manning wanted him there he would have done it by now as he seems more than happy to rotate the right sided wing back. I think Martin at WB was a Russ project, and was an option before we signed Kioso or Watson.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:53 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Filthier wrote:
He has little end product. Half the time the ball will end up with him in the final third, he'll just stand there with the ball 1v1 but he rarely if ever takes on a defender. Kinda irritates me a bit at how frustrated he gets in almost every game too. At least Sorinola could put a decent cross in or could out-run their full backs.

Harvie should still start as he's part of a team with momentum and on a winning run, but really we need to strengthen in that area. Josh Martin definitely better in that final third but I suppose Harvie is the better defender between the two of them.

I do agree that it is frustrating when Harvie seems to just stop when in a dangerous position, almost overthinking and killing the momentum. I do want to see more from him in terms of assists. However I did feel a bit sorry for him yesterday as Parrott was rarely in the box when he should have been. Comparing him this season to Sorinola of last season is a little unfair I think, Sorinola had a clear target man in the box in Jerome, as well as Morris and Grigg featuring up top throughout the season too. This year we don't seem to play with as much of a target man/striker on the last man, so I'd be intrigued as to whether Sorinola would be as affective. That being said, Sorinola only managed 4 assists and 1 goal last season, with 3 of those assists coming in one game. Harvie chipped in with 3 goals and 3 assists despite making 5 fewer starts.

I'm not really sure if we will see Josh Martin in a full back role, I think if Manning wanted him there he would have done it by now as he seems more than happy to rotate the right sided wing back. I think Martin at WB was a Russ project, and was an option before we signed Kioso or Watson.

I'm pretty sure start of season i said some wild stuff about Harvie getting double figures in goals and assists this season which might've been a bit keen but he can at least match last seasons output. I think it's clear to see he's not an out and out starter for us in terms of the level of quality we have through the rest of the squad but if LWB is our weakest position with Harvie and Jules covering it then we can't be in that bad a place. That being said i'd be shocked if we get to the end of January and we haven't brought in competition down that side even if it just means a loanee.

I also saw the key passes stat being thrown about and whilst i'm not sure exactly what that is defined as i wonder if he's just gotten unlucky with chances he's created being missed. We've started well but there's obviously another gear to go in terms of how clinical we can be and personally i hope we see 2 up top again when Watters and Eisa are back and fit which should help these numbers even more.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:23 am 

I wasn't at the game Saturday, regrettably but I wasn't that impressed against Pompey and thought he was arguably our worst player that day among a great team performance. Similarly at Cheltenham. Thought he was great at times last season so I'm giving the be fit of the doubt.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:02 pm 

Has got to stop diving. Clearly hasn't learnt his lesson from Lincoln.

Went down far too easily last night and put us under pressure more then once in the second half

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:20 pm 

JtL264 wrote:

Went down far too easily last night and put us under pressure more then once in the second half

Was fuming. It was the exact same dive that he did to give the penalty away. Imagine if they had scored from that free kick last night, considering it was right at the end of the game..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:48 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
JtL264 wrote:

Was fuming. It was the exact same dive that he did to give the penalty away. Imagine if they had scored from that free kick last night, considering it was right at the end of the game..

Mo Eisa is just as bad (at diving). He fell over in the penalty area second half instead of battling and getting a shot in (or maybe we're so used to the likes of Benik and Jabo?)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:05 pm 

voxish wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
JtL264 wrote:

Mo Eisa is just as bad (at diving). He fell over in the penalty area second half instead of battling and getting a shot in (or maybe we're so used to the likes of Benik and Jabo?)

Thing is Harvie is doing it when there is a credible attack on our goal instead of actually defending/getting rid of the ball...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:09 pm 

voxish wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
JtL264 wrote:

I don't think he is diving. He is such a lightweight he gets knocked over by the lightest of tackles.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:29 pm 
Daniel Harvie, a Haiku:

Hesitates greatly
Student of Lewie dive school
Needs more end product

Last edited by Filthier on Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:31 pm 

Filthier wrote:
Daniel Harvie, a Haiku:

Hesitates greatly
Student of Lewie dive school
Needs more end product

:lol: love this - not enough haiku in the world

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next