THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dawson Devoy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:42 pm 

What is going on here then? Not mentioned as being injured and should be one of the fittest players in the team given he was half way through a season in Ireland.

Never ever heard of a player not even making the match day squad due to “needing time to settle in”. Is that genuinely what is going on here or simply that he’s not shown enough to make the bench?

If he is genuinely home sick, then we probably should have stayed well clear when he rejected us in January. Very odd situation.

Last edited by East Wing Don on Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Dawson Devoy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:44 pm 

Who?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:45 pm 
I know he was "settling in" but at the same time he should be fitter than most given he was mid-season in Ireland.

Hopefully he plays on Tuesday against Sutton.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:43 pm 

Perhaps hes not as good as everyone thinks he is?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:52 pm 

The talk when he came in was that we’d loan him out. I’d expect to see him Tuesday though, and that’ll be a sort of interview to determine whether we do that or keep him here.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:02 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Perhaps hes not as good as everyone thinks he is?

This.
A lot of people are demanding we start him, but League 1 is a different kettle of fish in comparison to the LOI. Physically, technically and mentally. He seems a real talent, but then again so does Grant, and he hasn't exactly become the Messiah over night.

Going by his interviews and seeing him warm up, his body language portrays him as quite a timid young lad. Completely speculative of course, but I am hoping we get to see more of him over the coming games.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:20 pm 

Filthier wrote:
I know he was "settling in" but at the same time he should be fitter than most given he was mid-season in Ireland.

Hopefully he plays on Tuesday against Sutton.

Maybe it because he has already played half a season. To play (if he played it all) a season and a half by may with only a two week break in November where I expect he will still be training is a lot. I do agree. I would like to see him in some capacity Tuesday.

Post subject: 28. Dawson Devoy
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

Thoughts on how he is currently getting on?

Post subject: Re: 28. Dawson Devoy
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:26 pm 

Looks a real talent. Looks quite a shy lad and I am sure for him personally was a big deal coming over here.

We all want him to play, but I like that Manning is trying to manage his and the fan bases expectations.

Just hope we don't put too much pressure on the lad and label him the new Messiah.

Post subject: Re: 28. Dawson Devoy
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:18 pm 

Tuesday and saturday showed what a gifted player he could be but at the same time highlighted hes not quite ready for 90 mins week in week out. 1st half saturday he run the show spraying accurate passes all over the pitch moving play along at a good pace and made us really progressive in possession. I honestly can only remember him giving the ball away twice over 2 games, once a missplaced pass vs watford and once caught in possession vs morecambe but overall he seldom wastes possession or turn it over. He did tire quite early in to the second half though and as a result we lost the grip in midfield a bit and substitions were required to regain some control.

Overall though with more match fitness and experience he will be a very, very gifted talisman for us, once he is able to sustain that 1st half performance over 90 mins.