THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 28. Dawson Devoy
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:09 pm 

I think Devoy is gradually adapting to L1 and becoming an important player in this team. Nothing exceptional or overly eye catching (yet), but he almost always makes the right decision on the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:28 pm 

A few good games on the trot from young Dawson. Not sure if it is a case of suiting the Jackson system better than Manning's one, Jackson being better equipped to bring out his confidence, simply a case of the player adapting to the physicality of league 1 or a combination of all the above. Whatever it is I hope he keeps it up - there is a quality player in there and we are starting to see it.

Whilst his tackling has my heart in my mouth at times, I quite like the fact he willing to get stuck in. Shows a bit of fight which we are going to need.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:08 pm 

There is no doubt that he's got 'something', I'm just trying to keep expectations in check. Next season will be an interesting one for him

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:47 pm 

Again a bit of a marmite player. I think hes played well in the last two games and offers something completely different to MJ. Said it all when everyone around me was slagging him off when he got subbed at Notts County, and I actually thought he done alright. Hes never going to be a physical player, but I would say he has the best passing range out of all our midfielders. He probably needs a good run in the side and we may start to see him shine.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:50 pm 

BuckDon wrote:
Again a bit of a marmite player. I think hes played well in the last two games and offers something completely different to MJ. Said it all when everyone around me was slagging him off when he got subbed at Notts County, and I actually thought he done alright. Hes never going to be a physical player, but I would say he has the best passing range out of all our midfielders. He probably needs a good run in the side and we may start to see him shine.

Think he's pretty useless personally... Payne's got to start over him, offer so so so much more.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:42 pm 

Good at passing but not defending, he needs to do both.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:12 pm 

Joins Swindon Town on loan.

Makes sense, and we've been crying out for him to be loaned to a place he'll get games and get a run. He's struggled but there's clearly a player in there, relegation didn't help but a year and a half ago we got a real talented player who seemed knackered by this time last year physically and emotional.

Hopefully he gets a good six months under his belt and we nick him back again

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:14 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Joins Swindon Town on loan.

Makes sense, and we've been crying out for him to be loaned to a place he'll get games and get a run. He's struggled but there's clearly a player in there, relegation didn't help but a year and a half ago we got a real talented player who seemed knackered by this time last year physically and emotional.

Hopefully he gets a good six months under his belt and we nick him back again

My initial reaction was that it was a strange one as I fully expected him to follow Burns back home but actually, with a bit of thought I think this might have potential for all parties. I think how well Kemp did there must have been a massive factor and hopefully he will get plenty of game time, learn how to manage at this level and we get a better player back.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:40 pm 

Two players loaned to Swindon this season - there must be a personal connection somewhere at the management level I guess?

Because their fans hate us.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:48 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Two players loaned to Swindon this season - there must be a personal connection somewhere at the management level I guess?

Because their fans hate us.

That, or we just cut a loan deal short for their best player and know how horrible that is so have sweetened the deal by giving them another one in return? Think that's more likely.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next