THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: dennis
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:37 pm 
Ormeau wrote:
He is really young and league 1 is full or proper big units at CB. Give him some time ffs. Everything bar goals has been good from him. His hold up play and work rate for someone or his age has been impressive. It’s pretty obvious he wasn’t supposed to be starting this soon and has been thrown in due to failings in other areas, so we shouldn’t be criticising him for any faults just yet.

Toby Lock said similar to I have about him needing to put these chances away. He's 20, not a fresh academy graduate playing his first senior game.

We're not here to babysit players, we're here to succeed and push on from last season, not my fault if a player isn't scoring when he should be. We don't owe him anything. Eisa puts away that chance today, and lots of strikers would have scored that header against Ipswich.

He works hard but as one of only two fit strikers he has to be scoring and six games without a goal now. I'd be as critical of Grigg if he had played as many games without scoring.

If we had another couple of strikers there would be less pressure on him. That's down to Sweeting and co for not recruiting enough in that area, something we should have sorted out by now and still haven't sorted out 5 games into the season.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:28 pm 

Every time he had the ball he had a least one of them on him grappling and/or pulling his shirt which that a**hole of a ref did nothing to spot. See Final track of Led Zep 1.

Mind you it was a hideous miss right in front of The Cowshed.

It is wot it is dudes....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:44 pm 

Filthier wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
He is really young and league 1 is full or proper big units at CB. Give him some time ffs. Everything bar goals has been good from him. His hold up play and work rate for someone or his age has been impressive. It’s pretty obvious he wasn’t supposed to be starting this soon and has been thrown in due to failings in other areas, so we shouldn’t be criticising him for any faults just yet.

Toby Lock said similar to I have about him needing to put these chances away. He's 20, not a fresh academy graduate playing his first senior game.

We're not here to babysit players, we're here to succeed and push on from last season, not my fault if a player isn't scoring when he should be. We don't owe him anything. Eisa puts away that chance today, and lots of strikers would have scored that header against Ipswich.

He works hard but as one of only two fit strikers he has to be scoring and six games without a goal now. I'd be as critical of Grigg if he had played as many games without scoring.

If we had another couple of strikers there would be less pressure on him. That's down to Sweeting and co for not recruiting enough in that area, something we should have sorted out by now and still haven't sorted out 5 games into the season.

Your last paragraph runs counter to the criticism you level at Dennis. It’s not his fault he has been tasked with leading the line this early in his career at MK Dons. It his first experience in league football. Cut him slack and just back the lad, it will come in time.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:22 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
Filthier wrote:
Ormeau wrote:

Your last paragraph runs counter to the criticism you level at Dennis. It’s not his fault he has been tasked with leading the line this early in his career at MK Dons. It his first experience in league football. Cut him slack and just back the lad, it will come in time.

You’re pissing into the wind mate. Filthier’s on a major downer and he won’t be in the mood to listen to another view for a while I suspect.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:31 pm 

Big fan of Dennis the Menace. He hasn't got that goal yet, but he's got a big tick in the box around the other aspects of this game.

He may not ever turn out to be a 15/20 goal a season striker, but he's a bloody handful and he's only 20. He will improve no doubt and could be a good option going forward, albeit maybe not as a first choice striker. I wouldn't like to defend against him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:34 pm 

BuckDon wrote:
Big fan of Dennis the Menace. He hasn't got that goal yet, but he's got a big tick in the box around the other aspects of this game.

He may not ever turn out to be a 15/20 goal a season striker, but he's a bloody handful and he's only 20. He will improve no doubt and could be a good option going forward, albeit maybe not as a first choice striker. I wouldn't like to defend against him.

Why not? Clean sheet galore as a defender if he’s up against you? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:36 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
BuckDon wrote:

He will make a fine striker if the club can teach him how to shoot.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:37 pm 

We’ve not taught many strikers how to shoot well over the years, only good loanee strikers who quickly left

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:38 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
BuckDon wrote:

Maybe not a brilliant example but nobody liked to play against Duncan Ferguson. He barely scored.

But he was also a physcho :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:15 am 

BuckDon wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
BuckDon wrote:

Maybe not a brilliant example but nobody liked to play against Duncan Ferguson. He barely scored.

But he was also a physcho :lol:

An old boss of mine was a neighbour of Big Dunc's, in the posh area of Formby. Four blokes burgled his house. Dunc was in. When the OB arrived, it was the burglers who were happy to see them...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next