THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:14 am 

Can understand people being annoyed at having away fans in home areas but surely the club should have anticipated this and either given more tickets or opened up a further section to away fans?

I think the pros outweigh the cons when you get such a big away following as that (8k+) and the money and atmosphere it brings. Not many ties involving lower tier sides will have had such big a following as yesterday we had at MK and for the most part it was very good natured. Look forward to a trip to the Ricoh if they get promoted and maybe we can repay them with a big noisy following of our own.

On the pitch it was frustrating but not going to bash the players as they clearly worked hard, tried to play with a bit of freedom with a cup tie mentality but we just lacked the cutting edge. All had our say on RN and recent problems but for now at least we need to get behind the lads.

I didn't see the trouble mentioned but very sad to see it has affected kids. Without knowing the perpetrators, we need to all be vigilant in the face of it. I think the point has been made that some of the idiots that follow us (not saying they were involved yesterday with the steward incident) are going to come nastily unstuck soon. Whether or not we can forgive their naivety, it won't be pleasant seeing young teenagers on the end of a burly nutcase somewhere like Bradford.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:15 am 

.... and great to see Tilney and Lewie!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:16 am 

We’re not allowed to let more away fans in due to the safety certificate.

Our best bet is to gentrify football further so home and away can sit together like rugby, cricket, tennis, baseball basically every other sport.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:28 am 

Don Direction wrote:

Fair enough but once established a big group is spread around home areas the proactive response would be to move them into a section and line them off with some stewards, in the interests of safety.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:31 am 

Gridsy wrote:
Don Direction wrote:

Fair enough but once established a big group is spread around home areas the proactive response would be to move them into a section and line them off with some stewards, in the interests of safety.

There's a lot of room upstairs.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:32 am 

Don Direction wrote:

Our best bet is to gentrify football further so home and away can sit together like rugby, cricket, tennis, baseball basically every other sport.

Would never work and wouldn't want it too. Its fine for all the other sports you have listed because they are far less passionate than Football. Hence why football is the greatest sport in the world.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:33 am 

Don Direction wrote:

Pete needs to address that problem. If the stadium is ever to be used as a neutral venue for big cup matches, etc, they will need to be able to split the stadium 50-50.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:35 am 

Maybe we should have gone in the away end.

There is a rumour Coventry will be playing here next season anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:36 am 

epdon wrote:
Don Direction wrote:

Pete needs to address that problem. If the stadium is ever to be used as a neutral venue for big cup matches, etc, they will need to be able to split the stadium 50-50.

There is an area next to the away end that is never used now. Put up a barrier and change the safety certificate.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:36 am 

Don Direction wrote:
Maybe we should have gone in the away end.

There is a rumour Coventry will be playing here next season anyway.

They seemed to like being here. :(