THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 2:53 pm 

Chelmsford have tweeted today that they're playing us on the 24th July at their place in a friendly

https://x.com/OfficialClarets/status/1793945039871103177?t=nBItObOxDFYBBcGWpFqQpA&s=19

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 3:41 pm 

AlexDon123 wrote:
Chelmsford have tweeted today that they're playing us on the 24th July at their place in a friendly

https://x.com/OfficialClarets/status/1793945039871103177?t=nBItObOxDFYBBcGWpFqQpA&s=19

I watched Chelmsford City with my dad in the 60s (their ground was 200yds from my primary school), biggest rivals (apart from Colchester and Southend) in the Southern League were Barnet, Harrow and Wealdstone and Wimbledon. I've never been to their 'new' ground but it's an athletics track so the stands are miles from the pitch.

Good excuse to pay my respects!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 9:40 am 

voxish wrote:
AlexDon123 wrote:

I watched Chelmsford City with my dad in the 60s (their ground was 200yds from my primary school), biggest rivals (apart from Colchester and Southend) in the Southern League were Barnet, Harrow and Wealdstone and Wimbledon. I've never been to their 'new' ground but it's an athletics track so the stands are miles from the pitch.

We expect you to post the entire train itinerary :D

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:39 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
voxish wrote:
AlexDon123 wrote:

We expect you to post the entire train itinerary :D

Of course - but it's an easy trip to town, H&C to Liverpool St then direct to Chelmsford. Plan B would be Northern to TCR then Elizabeth line change at Stratford. Not much in it. IDK what the pubs are like at the new ground alas, but there used to be decent real ale near the station.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 7:36 pm 

Are there any concerts at the stadium over the summer? If not, then I'm assume we'll be good to have friendlies at home? Hopefully this year we can get a decent game.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 5:34 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Are there any concerts at the stadium over the summer? If not, then I'm assume we'll be good to have friendlies at home? Hopefully this year we can get a decent game.

Of course there will be. That's what the bl**by place is for.
Try and keep up.
;)

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 8:02 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:

We’re playing Take That in a pre season friendly at Woughton

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 5:04 am 

I'll imagine week leading up to the season we'll have a midweek/weekend double header of home games.

I'll go for Northampton or Wycombe midweek
And Watford or Birmingham the weekend

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 6:17 am 

About time Villa gave us a friendly after all the dross we have taken from them in the last few years and whoever Max Dean goes to.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 8:28 am 

We aren't getting a top tier Premier League club at this stadium in this division, wish that away immediately.

However, I for one am glad it won't be Villa anyway. Weird club, weird fans

- Graham Alexander, October 2023