THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Toby Lock
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:53 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Sow has no neck and so his posture makes him look lazy. Chris Waddle used to come under similar unfair criticism due to the way he looked, rather than what he did.

However, Sow is slow.
And I'd want a few more chances created by a #10. So I don't buy in to the Camden/D50 Sow love-in.

No big criticism - he'll come good under Dan.

And his 'running forward with the ball straight into the defence' (and subsequently losing it) happened far too often.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:55 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Sow has no neck and so his posture makes him look lazy. Chris Waddle used to come under similar unfair criticism due to the way he looked, rather than what he did.

However, Sow is slow. And I'd want a few more chances created by a #10. So I don't buy in to the Camden/D50 Sow love-in.

No big criticism - he'll come good under Dan.

No love in for me, I’m neutral. I was just pointing out the positional point.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:40 am 

And another view is that Agard is not a striker. Cant hold up ball and can't tap in simple crosses. His goals have come when playing in left wing. As for Ugbo then he had very little impact in the game. I just don't remember him doing anything so no idea what Lock was watching.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:08 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Its so funny how two people can watch the same game and see two totally different things. I thought Sow was lazy, slow and useless.

Yes, that’s the sow I saw, total flop and waste of money imo, hope he proves me wrong but looks way out of his depth. As for Ugbo, afraid I, like the Barnsley fans don’t see anything in him. Was poor imo yesterday.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:56 pm 
RedDotDon wrote:
Citizen football is just an extension of the MK Dons press office.

This. I genuinely think anyone with a good command of English could quite easily do his job.

I barely read anything he writes anymore. It's either a carbon copy of something the MK Dons media team have put out (in which he adds nothing of value), or something he's written completely out of touch with general views on issues at the club.

Last edited by FilthyDon on Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:18 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
RedDotDon wrote:

This. I genuinely think anyone with a good command of English could quite easily do his job.

I barely read anything he writes anymore. It's either a carbon copy of something the MK Dons media team have put out (in which he hads nothing of value), or something he's written completely out of touch with general views on issues at the club.

Lack of any investigative work regarding Lewie, was the thing I found most concerning.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:33 pm 

There are numerous sizeable adverts placed by the club in the Citizen every week, and Dons banner ads regularly appear on the Citizen website.

Just thought I'd leave that here.

"This is Kent Brockman with a special report from the Channel 6 News-Copter! A large bear-like animal - most likely a bear - has wandered down from the hills in search of food or, perhaps, employment! Please remain calm! Stay in your homes!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 pm 
WellDon wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
RedDotDon wrote:

I barely read anything he writes anymore. It's either a carbon copy of something the MK Dons media team have put out (in which he hads nothing of value), or something he's written completely out of touch with general views on issues at the club.

Lack of any investigative work regarding Lewie, was the thing I found most concerning.

Yep. You would think that would have been a great opportunity to ask some probing questions and really get into the core of why a club legend with over 650 appearances is suddenly training at Charlton, especially after such a wishy-washy explanation by Pete and Neilson.

He's just a puppet at the end of the day. He wouldn't be able to fulfill his job role for the Citizen if he was stepping on toes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:35 pm 
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
There are numerous sizeable adverts placed by the club in the Citizen every week, and Dons banner ads regularly appear on the Citizen website.

Just thought I'd leave that here.

Lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:47 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Its so funny how two people can watch the same game and see two totally different things. I thought Sow was lazy, slow and useless.

Yes, that’s the sow I saw, total flop and waste of money imo, hope he proves me wrong but looks way out of his depth. As for Ugbo, afraid I, like the Barnsley fans don’t see anything in him. Was poor imo yesterday.

That's football for you it's all about opinions. This is why VAR will always be controversial unless it just focusses on facts.

For me Sow did exactly as his manager asked him to yesterday. He is a number 9 playing in a number 10 role. I thought he played well. I saw him looking for the ball constantly and he did not look lazy at all.

I bet if he was the number 9 he would have finished the chance Agard had. Then again my 80 year old great aunt could have finished that. Jokes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next