THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: I'm really foobing angry
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 12:38 pm 

I've been seething since the third minute last night.

I'm angry at the manager for changing the keeper; I'm angry at the manager for not making other changes to the team after Tuesday; I'm angry at the manager for not changing the tactical approach after Tuesday; I'm angry at the players for their capitulation; I'm angry at the manager for just watching it happen and not reacting or responding to it.

But what I just can't get past is how furious I am that we ended up in a situation where, in that game, in that situation, we ended up playing so recklessly in the opening minutes.

I just can't understand it.

[Title edited - presumed there would be a swear filter on it]

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 1:00 pm 

The reality is that we have been dreadful defensively for weeks. Look at the games - 3 vs notts, 5 vs Stockport, 4 v Mansfield, 4 v Sutton , 3 vs Harrogate, 3 vs Crawley. Our only clean sheets have been against the woeful FGR and Walsall who were terrible on the day. Harrogate could have scored 8 against us.
The players cannot manage games. Look at Tuesday - go in one nil down at half time and you regroup and say - let’s just not lose the second half and we go to SMK only one down. But we can’t see out the half as we can’t do the simple act of staying goal side at a set play . Same yesterday . We should say - let’s get the first 10 out of the way with no mistakes and get a feel how Crawley are setting up - are they sitting back ? Then let’s adjust and try win the first half . But no, we cave in right away.

I have said for weeks that the defence of Harvie, WOH, Tucker does not work and did not work last season. They are a terrible combination. Teams score at will against that defence.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 1:06 pm 

Zen wrote:
The reality is that we have been dreadful defensively for weeks. Look at the games - 3 vs notts, 5 vs Stockport, 4 v Mansfield, 4 v Sutton , 3 vs Harrogate, 3 vs Crawley. Our only clean sheets have been against the woeful FGR and Walsall who were terrible on the day. Harrogate could have scored 8 against us.
The players cannot manage games. Look at Tuesday - go in one nil down at half time and you regroup and say - let’s just not lose the second half and we go to SMK only one down. But we can’t see out the half as we can’t do the simple act of staying goal side at a set play . Same yesterday . We should say - let’s get the first 10 out of the way with no mistakes and get a feel how Crawley are setting up - are they sitting back ? Then let’s adjust and try win the first half . But no, we cave in right away.

I have said for weeks that the defence of Harvie, WOH, Tucker does not work and did not work last season. They are a terrible combination. Teams score at will against that defence.

This. Every word.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 3:16 pm 

paul4040 wrote:
Zen wrote:

This. Every word.

Yes. After our first heavy defeat and especially after the Bradford City thrashing, I thought "there's no way any of the previous MK Dons promotion teams would have caved in this easily. We're not good enough"

What I don't get is the manager supporting 'the boys' after last night. Tell them they were crap, privately and in public.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 3:26 pm 

I know Shrewsbury came back from 3-0 down, but can you imagine Ince's Galácticos getting fairly regularly toe-fucked. Barring a surprise result at Morecambe Le Tis' boys were way better at defending.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 3:51 pm 

Never want to hear a bad word about Tisdale again

- Graham Alexander, October 2023