THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Rant of sorts
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:36 pm 
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Also i'll be dissappointed if we dont replace what we've lost and further strengthened. We needed to strengthen before westarted losing squad members.

At the risk of sounding like filthy weve lost golbourne, walsh, ariyibi, tshibola, seager and sold downing.

We've brought in tavernier and ugbo.

There's no risk mate, it's acceptable to sound like the second best poster on this forum. ;)

I'm sure Micciche will consider the recalls of Furlong and Tilney, and the return of Lewie as "signings" in some form.

We've been on this pattern of losing players and not replacing them since last January when we lost Carruthers and didn't replace him, then lost Reeves and Baldock and still haven't replaced them with anyone as good. Carruthers and Reeves combined contributed something like 40 assists between them since they joined.

Realistically, I think we'll bring in a couple of defenders and that's it. Ideally, we also need a couple of attacking players, but I think Mick Quiche will wait until the summer for any serious purchases.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Just cut the bullshit for 5 minutes some of you two club w*****s and enjoy the ride. Cheers. Coyds.

You've mentioned two club supporters a few times of late. What's brought this on?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:40 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Just cut the bullshit for 5 minutes some of you two club w*****s and enjoy the ride. Cheers. Coyds.

You've mentioned two club supporters a few times of late. What's brought this on?

His mother was frightened by a half'n'half scarf when she was pregnant with him.

True story.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:53 pm 

I tend to find the most irrational and absurd of our fan base have facebook profiles with other clubs appearing in them. Thats not to say I have a problem with people who have affiliations to other clubs, alby with hibs and chelsea for example and I have no issue with that as hes generally sensible and rational. However on the social medias there were a few less rational, senseless posters displaying other clubs colours while slagging off our most loyal player, it was grating on me yesterday.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:54 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
I tend to find the most irrational and absurd of our fan base have facebook profiles with other clubs appearing in them. Thats not to say I have a problem with people who have affiliations to other clubs, alby with hibs and chelsea for example and I have no issue with that as hes generally sensible and rational. However on the social medias there were a few less rational, senseless posters displaying other clubs colours while slagging off our most loyal player, it was grating on me yesterday.

I will however get over it. Could just do with a few wins to silence the negative nancies.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:59 pm 

APMKDon wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Also i'll be dissappointed if we dont replace what we've lost and further strengthened. We needed to strengthen before westarted losing squad members.

At the risk of sounding like filthy weve lost golbourne, walsh, ariyibi, tshibola, seager and sold downing.

We've brought in tavernier and ugbo.

And a new left back called Lewington :lol:

He certainly felt like a new signing keen to make an impression ... that 1st heavy tackle was a bit of a statement. Hopefully he van maintain that form and get to a point he can do it consistantly over 90 minutes asap as it was noticeable the difference with and without him.

Lots of positives to take hough but need to score in that 20 minute period we totally dominated and make our pressure pay.

Definitely feel we got a part of our club and identity back yesterday though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:05 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

That Alby counts as sensible and rational underlines the level of idiocy we're talking about here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:42 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

That Alby counts as sensible and rational underlines the level of idiocy we're talking about here.

:lol: