THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Club Media
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:44 pm 

Can't criticise the media team for this one. In practice, they could have created some news stories and social posts last night and scheduled them to go live today, but there's nothing they could have posted that wouldn't have just wound people up even more.

Shame for the DSA, though. Did a fantastic job to get the coaches sorted for the rearranged game, and then promptly shoots itself in the foot by getting on its high horse about this.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:47 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Can't criticise the media team for this one. In practice, they could have created some news stories and social posts last night and scheduled them to go live today, but there's nothing they could have posted that wouldn't have just wound people up even more.

Shame for the DSA, though. Did a fantastic job to get the coaches sorted for the rearranged game, and then promptly shoots itself in the foot by getting on its high horse about this.

It is pretty ironic that their statement was also the first thing they'd posted since the end of the game. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 12:47 am 

Alby39 wrote:
A couple of thank you Tweets and a galvanising "we go again" May have been all we expect but we know full well everyone including me would send Fuck Off Tweets back to em :lol:

This. As others have said, a no win situation.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 6:37 am 

I know it's not media per se but look at the landing page of our website. Notice anything missing? You wouldn't even know there is a game on Saturday. Nothing to say they want to promote it so wake the fuck up. Nobody at the club cares. This is why you don't go Saturday they have given up. Even the forthcoming games have games from the end of fucking march. At least they should look like they care. But they don't. So shit it is unbelieve and you can see why I am starting to hold the club in contempt.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 6:49 am 

They lost me at "The fan base haven’t given up." :lol:

The club silence is sad to see. But in the grand scheme of things, this is a silly thing for MKDSA to grandstand and get upset about.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 7:49 am 

TheSpecialDon wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

It is pretty ironic that their statement was also the first thing they'd posted since the end of the game. :lol:

Cause it is not their job to post things. They are essentially the fans voice. The fact that people are shitting on a group of volunteers who do more than they should do should probably get of their hairy arses and do it themselves. They are human and fans and are pissed off like a lot of us, but to disrespect them is utter shit and shows how fucking shallow our fan base generally are. But when Lewington's gets closed down so people can't get their overpriced watery piss beer that they so desperately want who is it that they moan to? When you wanted coaches to get to games who is it that you go to? Cop on a bit.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 8:15 am 

The club have tweeted now. Even 48hrs later its just abusive replies. Hopefully people can understand why it would have been counter productive to Tweet yesterday when feelings were ever rawer.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 8:26 am 

Russybcool wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

Cause it is not their job to post things. They are essentially the fans voice. The fact that people are shitting on a group of volunteers who do more than they should do should probably get of their hairy arses and do it themselves. They are human and fans and are pissed off like a lot of us, but to disrespect them is utter shit and shows how fucking shallow our fan base generally are. But when Lewington's gets closed down so people can't get their overpriced watery piss beer that they so desperately want who is it that they moan to? When you wanted coaches to get to games who is it that you go to? Cop on a bit.

They are not the voice of the fans in any way shape or form. They do not speak for me personally, and I have seldom met anyone who is part of the DSA who gives a flying fuck about what I think or what would benefit me at the club or the people I go with. Not all, but the vast majority of people who have ever been associated with the DSA have done it for their own benefit and to be able to legitimise their one-upping of other fans.

And now, it's worse than it's ever been. Their twitter page at the moment is just a channel for Franco to use to spout his personal views and he uses it like a personal page. The DSA has for the vast majority of the club's history only looked after who it wants to look after. Not to mention he was sat in the terrace whinging about our fans most of the evening as well (because I heard him).

It isn't their job to post on behalf of the club. But there's no reason they couldn't post anything for 20 hours either. They were quick enough to tell us all that the game was off before anyone else knew after all.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 8:42 am 

TheSpecialDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

They are not the voice of the fans in any way shape or form. They do not speak for me personally, and I have seldom met anyone who is part of the DSA who gives a flying fuck about what I think or what would benefit me at the club or the people I go with. Not all, but the vast majority of people who have ever been associated with the DSA have done it for their own benefit and to be able to legitimise their one-upping of other fans.

And now, it's worse than it's ever been. Their twitter page at the moment is just a channel for Franco to use to spout his personal views and he uses it like a personal page. The DSA has for the vast majority of the club's history only looked after who it wants to look after.

Well that's why they should exist. I personally never speak to them, but you look on their website that is their mission statement. Have you see the state of this fucking forum the past few days. "if you hand back your tickets don't come back at all" is one such example of the shit ladybits we call fans. And who cares about twitter the social media for simpletons. Without them half of us wouldn't have even got to Crawley twice in two days. Maybe they don't care what you think cause you hold them in such low regard. Ever thought of that?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 8:48 am 

TheSpecialDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

And now, it's worse than it's ever been. Their twitter page at the moment is just a channel for Franco to use to spout his personal views and he uses it like a personal page. The DSA has for the vast majority of the club's history only looked after who it wants to look after. Not to mention he was sat in the terrace whinging about our fans most of the evening as well (because I heard him).

It isn't their job to post on behalf of the club. But there's no reason they couldn't post anything for 20 hours either. They were quick enough to tell us all that the game was off before anyone else knew after all.

And I don't get your point. They did more than the club does surprise fucking surprise. Instead of criticizing a volunteer led fan supporters group. Shouldn't you be criticizing the full time paid members of staff who took ages to react to something we all heard 3rd hand. Just a thought there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next