THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Club Media
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 7:36 pm 

A couple of thank you Tweets and a galvanising "we go again" May have been all we expect but we know full well everyone including me would send Fuck Off Tweets back to em :lol:

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 7:38 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
A couple of thank you Tweets and a galvanising "we go again" May have been all we expect but we know full well everyone including me would send Fuck Off Tweets back to em :lol:

Which is most probably why they've not done it. They could of course disable replies as Crawley did on Monday.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 7:57 pm 

Gers wrote:
Digger wrote:
I find this a little petulant.

So the media team worked Bank Holiday Monday and had a very late night last night. I'd guess that they were given a day off today in lieu of the extra hours put in. I don't think that anything was so important to publish today that couldn't wait until tomorrow.

Not as petulant as those, my son for example, who went down there two days in a row to support the team. Or a petulant as Dons Acton, or the MK1 podcast, who are recording tonight after also going down there two days in a row. Or the SA themselves who not only went down there two days in a row, but gave up their bank holiday monday to organize the rearranged travel. Petulant bastards that they are. And petulantly all of the above paid to do so. Petulantly no doubt.

People are allowed a day off once in awhile... In my view the ITEM is petulant not the individuals or organisations.

Personally I went both days myself so I know how your son and others felt.

I was briefly involved via the Admin of the MK Dons Facebook page who was unable to get answers to questions on parking being raised. Using contacts at the club I got it clarified and it was published on the clubs website within half an hour. Via this experience I got a bit more of an insight into frustrations of various groups getting answers and also the issues facing the club dealing with a huge number of issues that the late cancellation, rescheduling of a match for the next day and a match being rescheduled from Thursday to Saturday. A lot of people were working hard in the background to make sure that all this could be accommodated in a very short timescale over a Bank Holiday weekend.

As I stated already I'm guessing the media team were off today. Frankly that's what I'd have done to members of my staff bearing in mind the next game is Saturday and the players will be off today.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:02 pm 

My God we love a moan don't we? Can't do right in anyone's eyes and someone is going to complain either way.
Not sure why people need to bitch all the time.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:03 pm 

Digger wrote:
Gers wrote:
Digger wrote:
I find this a little petulant.

So the media team worked Bank Holiday Monday and had a very late night last night. I'd guess that they were given a day off today in lieu of the extra hours put in. I don't think that anything was so important to publish today that couldn't wait until tomorrow.

Not as petulant as those, my son for example, who went down there two days in a row to support the team. Or a petulant as Dons Acton, or the MK1 podcast, who are recording tonight after also going down there two days in a row. Or the SA themselves who not only went down there two days in a row, but gave up their bank holiday monday to organize the rearranged travel. Petulant bastards that they are. And petulantly all of the above paid to do so. Petulantly no doubt.

People are allowed a day off once in awhile... In my view the ITEM is petulant not the individuals or organisations.

Personally I went both days myself so I know how your son and others felt.

I was briefly involved via the Admin of the MK Dons Facebook page who was unable to get answers to questions on parking being raised. Using contacts at the club I got it clarified and it was published on the clubs website within half an hour. Via this experience I got a bit more of an insight into frustrations of various groups getting answers and also the issues facing the club dealing with a huge number of issues that the late cancellation, rescheduling of a match for the next day and a match being rescheduled from Thursday to Saturday. A lot of people were working hard in the background to make sure that all this could be accommodated in a very short timescale over a Bank Holiday weekend.

As I stated already I'm guessing the media team were off today. Frankly that's what I'd have done to members of my staff bearing in mind the next game is Saturday and the players will be off today.

Perhaps they should've ran it past the supporters board first.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:15 pm 

Gers wrote:
Perhaps they should've ran it past the supporters board first.

Not sure what your driving at here. The MKDSA, like DonsAction, are members of the Supporters' Board (SB). Membership of the SB does not mean that these independent groups need to ask the other members of the SB permission to do anything. These groups are, by definition, independent.

My post is purely my view of the MKDSA post. As a former chair who served in that role for 9 years and the only one to have actually faced a challenge with another supporter in the election process I'm stating my personal view of this.

I'll just leave this last thought. Before publishing...."Have you tried talking to them?"

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:17 pm 

Digger wrote:
My post is purely my view of the MKDSA post.

You may want to try wording your replies a tad more carefully then. Because some folk might have thought that you were calling them petulant.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:24 pm 

Gers wrote:
Digger wrote:
My post is purely my view of the MKDSA post.

You may want to try wording your replies a tad more carefully then. Because some folk might have thought that you were calling them petulant.

Agreed - I meant to quote your post regarding the MKDSA article. My mistake for which I apologise if I've caused anyone offence.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:28 pm 

Alby39 wrote:

THIS.

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:31 pm 

Dammed if you do dammed if you don’t.

The MKDSA calling them out is also embarrassing given they’ll no doubt need the Club’s support one day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next