THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Club Media
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 8:52 am 

Russybcool wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Can't criticise the media team for this one. In practice, they could have created some news stories and social posts last night and scheduled them to go live today, but there's nothing they could have posted that wouldn't have just wound people up even more.

Shame for the DSA, though. Did a fantastic job to get the coaches sorted for the rearranged game, and then promptly shoots itself in the foot by getting on its high horse about this.

It is pretty ironic that their statement was also the first thing they'd posted since the end of the game. :lol:

Cause it is not their job to post things. They are essentially the fans voice. The fact that people are shitting on a group of volunteers who do more than they should do should probably get of their hairy arses and do it themselves. They are human and fans and are pissed off like a lot of us, but to disrespect them is utter shit and shows how fucking shallow our fan base generally are. But when Lewington's gets closed down so people can't get their overpriced watery piss beer that they so desperately want who is it that they moan to? When you wanted coaches to get to games who is it that you go to? Cop on a bit.

They are not the voice of the fans in any way shape or form. They do not speak for me personally, and I have seldom met anyone who is part of the DSA who gives a flying fuck about what I think or what would benefit me at the club or the people I go with. Not all, but the vast majority of people who have ever been associated with the DSA have done it for their own benefit and to be able to legitimise their one-upping of other fans.

And now, it's worse than it's ever been. Their twitter page at the moment is just a channel for Franco to use to spout his personal views and he uses it like a personal page. The DSA has for the vast majority of the club's history only looked after who it wants to look after. Not to mention he was sat in the terrace whinging about our fans most of the evening as well (because I heard him).

It isn't their job to post on behalf of the club. But there's no reason they couldn't post anything for 20 hours either. They were quick enough to tell us all that the game was off before anyone else knew after all.

And I don't get your point. They did more than the club does surprise fucking surprise. Instead of criticizing a volunteer led fan supporters group. Shouldn't you be criticizing the full time paid members of staff who took ages to react to something we all heard 3rd hand. Just a thought there.

This comment is just so misinformed.

The club CANNOT inform supporters until the home club have officially announced the game is off. Stop attacking the club for something that is entirely out of their control.

As soon as Crawley made it official, we followed with our announcement and then the chaos that would have likely commenced behind the scenes where plans needed to be drawn up and implemented almost immediate due to the fixture change.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 8:53 am 

Russybcool wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Can't criticise the media team for this one. In practice, they could have created some news stories and social posts last night and scheduled them to go live today, but there's nothing they could have posted that wouldn't have just wound people up even more.

Shame for the DSA, though. Did a fantastic job to get the coaches sorted for the rearranged game, and then promptly shoots itself in the foot by getting on its high horse about this.

It is pretty ironic that their statement was also the first thing they'd posted since the end of the game. :lol:

Cause it is not their job to post things. They are essentially the fans voice. The fact that people are shitting on a group of volunteers who do more than they should do should probably get of their hairy arses and do it themselves. They are human and fans and are pissed off like a lot of us, but to disrespect them is utter shit and shows how fucking shallow our fan base generally are. But when Lewington's gets closed down so people can't get their overpriced watery piss beer that they so desperately want who is it that they moan to? When you wanted coaches to get to games who is it that you go to? Cop on a bit.

They are not the voice of the fans in any way shape or form. They do not speak for me personally, and I have seldom met anyone who is part of the DSA who gives a flying fuck about what I think or what would benefit me at the club or the people I go with. Not all, but the vast majority of people who have ever been associated with the DSA have done it for their own benefit and to be able to legitimise their one-upping of other fans.

And now, it's worse than it's ever been. Their twitter page at the moment is just a channel for Franco to use to spout his personal views and he uses it like a personal page. The DSA has for the vast majority of the club's history only looked after who it wants to look after. Not to mention he was sat in the terrace whinging about our fans most of the evening as well (because I heard him).

It isn't their job to post on behalf of the club. But there's no reason they couldn't post anything for 20 hours either. They were quick enough to tell us all that the game was off before anyone else knew after all.

And I don't get your point. They did more than the club does surprise fucking surprise. Instead of criticizing a volunteer led fan supporters group. Shouldn't you be criticizing the full time paid members of staff who took ages to react to something we all heard 3rd hand. Just a thought there.

I have done plenty of that.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 8:54 am 

Also, the MKDSA is not a voice of the fans. Its 1 or 2 individuals that have posted embarrassing things time and time again. From completely stupid Tweets, to the bashing of the club for not posting anything for 24 hours.

If anyone can't understand the reason why the club didn't post for 24 hours following a 3-0 away leg defeat, then you're not all there.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:00 am 

I'm amazed that members of staff have the time to post on here to be honest. You'd have thought they'd be too busy at the moment. But I guess if various fan groups are doing their jobs for them, that leaves loads of time to be on this forum.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:05 am 

TheSpecialDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

WellDon willing Lewington's into existence was just for his own self-aggrandizement then and not because as chairman of the SA at the time, to make the matchday experience better for the fans?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:17 am 

Gers wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

WellDon willing Lewington's into existence was just for his own self-aggrandizement then and not because as chairman of the SA at the time, to make the matchday experience better for the fans?

I said vast majority. Not all. What he did when he was in charge of the DSA is levels above what anyone else has been able to achieve or implement. It's the one time I felt they cared about making a substantial difference.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:21 am 

TheSpecialDon wrote:
the vast majority of people who have ever been associated with the DSA have done it for their own benefit and to be able to legitimise their one-upping of other fans.

Yeah, 'cause that four grand or so I helped raise through the walk to Fulham never went to Willen Hospice. I pocketed the lot and spaffed it up the wall on coke and prozzers, just so I could be Bertie Big Bollocks on here. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:22 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Also, the MKDSA is not a voice of the fans. Its 1 or 2 individuals that have posted embarrassing things time and time again. From completely stupid Tweets, to the bashing of the club for not posting anything for 24 hours.

If anyone can't understand the reason why the club didn't post for 24 hours following a 3-0 away leg defeat, then you're not all there.

I never said anything about that. I was more saying that the bashing of a Supporters Group that are volunteer fans should not be chastised. If you are that pissed off with them join them and instigate change, but like most things the fan base is more concerned with what a group of fans did compared to what a group of players didn't do on Tuesday. Fuck off with that one. I love the fact that Twitter posts are the only shit people had to cling on to like that is high fucking treason. It's Twitter. Not the Times newspaper. Fucking get a grip.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:23 am 

Russybcool wrote:
I never said anything about that. I was more saying that the bashing of a Supporters Group that are volunteer fans should not be chastised. If you are that pissed off with them join them and instigate change, but like most things the fan base is more concerned with what a group of fans did compared to what a group of players didn't do on Tuesday. Fuck off with that one. I love the fact that Twitter posts are the only shit people had to cling on to like that is high fucking treason. It's Twitter. Not the Times newspaper. Fucking get a grip.

Volunteers are not automatically above criticism just because they're volunteers.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:28 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

Volunteers are not automatically above criticism just because they're volunteers.

But in the grand scheme of things is this really high priority? It's just another thing to add to the list, but it is not the end of the world. As I say anyone can join them, then you might have a say in what they do or in this case don't do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next