THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 11:55 am 

We dont need to do anything drastic lineup or formation wise but the players that do start and are good enough tk do this have tk play to their capabilities and more. I was so confident in the starting lineup before the reverse fixture but we just didnt play our game. Bring the mentality, bring the intensity and controlled pressure and discipline and we can have the night of our lives. It will all come dkwn to mentality and a bit of good fortune on the night that we can take our chances and we arent hard done by for all our efforts.

Ive seen this team whilst dissapoint at the back at times we are capable kf scoring in the first 15 minutes, we are capable of scoring 2 inside 30 minutes and we are absolutely capable of scoring 5 on the night. We dont need tk start throwing defenders forward and getting ill disciplined and out of shape. We have to just play how we can, with structure and controlked pressure and possession in the right areas and ultimately test their keeper as often as possible. Dont overplay and dont underplay, the right balance and intensity with possession and risks in the right areas. We dont need to dilly about drawing them onto us with our defensive possession we need to suffocate them in their own half and put them under extreme relentless attack after attack. Win the ball back as quickly as possible and pin them back. If we get into the position to shoot get it on target, dont lash at it. If we get in the position to put the ball into the box take it, dont take that extra touch into a unfavourable anger. Muster as many chances as we can and see how they deal with the pressure and potential scoreline change as and if it develops.

It might be a hill too far but lets play the game in 15 minute intervals, reset, assess and go again. Can we get a goal in that 15 minute period? Can we resist conceding after scoring? Can we get it tk a 1 goal defecit st half time tk set up just at the very least needing to win the second half? We will see.

I believe this squad has it in them to score the goals required, im not sold on our ability tk stand strong under the mental pressure and manage the game and the changing landscape. But we have a chance, as any freescoring side at home would.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 11:58 am 

Stage-fright in front of the cameras? Trying too hard or scared of making a mistake and/or looking foolish?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 6:19 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
PhilF wrote:
Crawley clearly did their analysis of our style and had a good strategy that was understood throughout their team. As much as I hate to say this, it was clever management and the game plan that made us look ordinary.

We need to be prepared for that so we have a Plan B, Plan C and maybe even a Plan D.

I don't think we can afford / should to leave that to the players to work out for themselves and yes the team need to go for it from the start. Despite being out strategised (Monday too IMO) the lads created some great chances, so yes I think they can do it and really hope they do. I'm certainly going to cheer them on. COYD

I really don't think it was their strategy that got us it was our own BS. I mean if I didn't know the starting 11 you wouldn't have known Payne or Wearne were on the pitch. The only reason you knew Gilbey was there was due to the fact the commentators made a big deal of him not being in the game. It was also two deflected goals which if hadn't been deflected could have been saved or missed. As for chances that's all hunky dory but 5 were on target. Four straight at Addai and one cleared off the line. I think Gatwick air traffic control are still waiting for Deans shot to come out of orbit so it can land on the tarmac. And don't forget when teams don't come at us and sit back we have pooped our pants. Grimsby springs to mind and Crawley won't care that it is dull they will ask us to unlock the door three times at least. So they will be quite happy to sit back and hit us on the counter.

Just go for it start with three strikers if we have to we lose by one we might as well lose by three. Get one or two before half time there will be a slim chance but if one game we need a clean sheet this is it.

We can’t give up midfield by playing an extra striker. They killed us in midfield on Tuesday. To take numbers out of there would be suicide.

They didn't kill us as a team for the most part we were dogshit and I reiterate AS A TEAM. Look we have to score at least three maybe four goals. It doesn't matter how we usually play if we have a plan b or not we are in this mess cause we were awful not Crawley being world beaters. We only managed 5 shots on goal on Tuesday we would need all of them to be goals if we only have 5 shots on target tomorrow (I say all of them cause we never keep clean sheets). I mean what are we defending? A lead? Looking for league points? This is a one off game where we start with a 3 goal handicap. If that becomes four it won't be because of having one less non existent nobody in midfield it will solely be down to how woeful nearly every man on that pitch was last Tuesday. We have to go all out attack nothing else will do.

If we lose midfield, the rest won’t matter.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 6:39 pm 

CleanDon wrote:
With every passing hour I'm more confident we can do this

:lol:

Every passing hour or every passing pint?