THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 10:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Don't go!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 12:37 pm 

Sting wrote:
I'm going because I'm a Dons Fan and I support the club through good and bad times.

Have done since the very first game in MK and will continue to do so whatever the result on Saturday.

I have been a Dons fan since 1996. I have seen a lot of bad. Does that mean I can windmill my dick around?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 12:54 pm 

Of course anyone is free to demonstrate their feelings in any peaceful way they want. If that means boycotting the game then thats fine.

Personally, I wont do that as supporting the team on the pitch is more important to me than sending a message to the owners they they either wont hear or care about if they do.

I do think for the good of the club change is desperately needed. That change might be in the people who run it day to day because even if the current regime do give a shit, they are showing FSB levels of hiding it! Maybe it needs a new owner with a different vision or a freshness which seems to have deserted the current encumbent. I dont know, maybe it needs something else. If not I would suggest getting comfortable in L2 as we could very well be here a while.

I dont have the answers but I do know that if you do what you've always done you'll get what you always got. As much as a cliche as that is, it holds true.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 12:57 pm 

Gers wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Gers wrote:
The problem with espousing the club v’s owner argument doesn't really hold water where we’re concerned because we’re so identified with Pete that it’s impossible to separate them. He’s willed the club into existence by the sheer force of his personality. Think of MK Dons and the majority will instantly think of the move, which he instigated.

As I was told recently, it’s his club and he can do whatever the fuck he want’s with it.

You're right. He's 66 years old now and he can't go on forever. I do think in recent years he's been trying to work out what he's going to do with the club, he's mentioned it in a few recent interviews. The problem is he's managed to get us into a position where nobody else wants us. A League 2 team whose attendances are dropping and who are losing money all the time. It's hardly an easy sell.

It's like the end of Factory Records. The guy from London Records who was in negotiations to buy them asked what they actually had to sell as Factory didn't have contracts with the bands or owned the masters. They had nothing. What does Pete have to sell? A L2 football club that doesn't own the stadium it plays in, and doesn't even have a training ground. Can't see many folk queuing up to take that off his hands.[/qu

Nail on head, no one is going to buy a club and then pay to rent the Stadium ,

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 1:00 pm 

Don't leave
Please stay
With me
You are, thee only thing, I need to get by
To get by

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 1:12 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Sting wrote:
I'm going because I'm a Dons Fan and I support the club through good and bad times.

Have done since the very first game in MK and will continue to do so whatever the result on Saturday.

I have been a Dons fan since 1996. I have seen a lot of bad. Does that mean I can windmill my dick around?

In the privacy of your own home, you can do what you like with your dick.

We're a league 2 team, there's bound to be lots of bad. Makes the good times (if they ever come) even better.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 2:31 pm 

I'm not sure I've ever really understood the whole 'demanding success and promotions' thing.

I enjoy watching football, and I enjoy meeting up with friends at the football. I do like it when we win, but I don't usually get too pissed off when we lose.

I'm not sure I've ever really enjoyed the higher divisions more than the lower ones. We tend to win more games in the lower divisions for a start.

Every season, most teams in every league will end up disappointing their fans, but that's always been the case, and always will be - if winning is the only thing you're interested in, then attach yourself to one of the current Saudi Sportswashing Projects and lap it up, but even that won't last.

I like occasional promotions, as I get to go to new grounds or revisit ones that I haven't been to in ages. Having said that, I don't go to many aways these days, mainly because we seem to have become a fanbase that turns on the team when we lose or play badly, and that stops me enjoying it, so I don't go often.

I'm rambling now :D

If you don't want to go, then don't go, but don't feel the need to announce it, or to try to encourage others to do the same - that's a bit daft.

Bring on Saturday.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 2:36 pm 

Brando wrote:
I'm not sure I've ever really understood the whole 'demanding success and promotions' thing.

I enjoy watching football, and I enjoy meeting up with friends at the football. I do like it when we win, but I don't usually get too pissed off when we lose.

I'm not sure I've ever really enjoyed the higher divisions more than the lower ones. We tend to win more games in the lower divisions for a start.

Every season, most teams in every league will end up disappointing their fans, but that's always been the case, and always will be - if winning is the only thing you're interested in, then attach yourself to one of the current Saudi Sportswashing Projects and lap it up, but even that won't last.

I like occasional promotions, as I get to go to new grounds or revisit ones that I haven't been to in ages. Having said that, I don't go to many aways these days, mainly because we seem to have become a fanbase that turns on the team when we lose or play badly, and that stops me enjoying it, so I don't go often.

If you don't want to go, then don't go, but don't feel the need to announce it, or to try to encourage others to do the same - that's a bit daft.

Bring on Saturday.

Good post.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 2:39 pm 

Brando wrote:

Bring on Saturday.

You put it so well sir , great post.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 2:40 pm 

Magpie wrote:
Of course anyone is free to demonstrate their feelings in any peaceful way they want. If that means boycotting the game then thats fine.

Personally, I wont do that as supporting the team on the pitch is more important to me than sending a message to the owners they they either wont hear or care about if they do.

I do think for the good of the club change is desperately needed. That change might be in the people who run it day to day because even if the current regime do give a shit, they are showing FSB levels of hiding it! Maybe it needs a new owner with a different vision or a freshness which seems to have deserted the current encumbent. I dont know, maybe it needs something else. If not I would suggest getting comfortable in L2 as we could very well be here a while.

I dont have the answers but I do know that if you do what you've always done you'll get what you always got. As much as a cliche as that is, it holds true.

It's not boycotting forever. I will be supporting the team come August but this is the one game they can't expect the hardcore to be happy about. You can still watch on Sky and support the team. They as a whole need to understand the damn shit people were put through coming and going from Crawley twice in a row and that is what they serve us. Support the team, but do the team support us? We know winky doesn't care, but I have seen enough turgid performances this season. If you want to go fine, but what are you going to watch? It will be the most frustrating game of football as we couldn't keep it tight enough on the away game. I know how it will be. We will have the possession. We might even get the first goal then we will try as we might to get the 2nd and 3rd and that is IF we keep a clean sheet. All the hard work Dons Action should not be in vain but if we don't do it when we all have to pay extra for when are we going to do it. League 2 was "unthinkable" (Winkies words not mine) well now we have one foot in it for a 2nd season. Budgets will be cut players will be sold and the whole process starts again until we are either there for 10 years or we get the autos.

Says it all when they have took down the banner saying come on Saturday and replaced it with shilling next seasons Season Tickets. Even the club has given up on promoting the game. Proves how much they don't care.

Last edited by Russybcool on Wed May 08, 2024 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 2:51 pm 

The main problem with the last couple of seasons is the fact that the football from us has been really boring. Why on earth would anyone even consider going on Saturday. It's on the telly for a start. As I've already said multiple times, the club couldn't care less if I go or stay at home watching Sky with a couple of beers.

And something else that's gone unremarked. Two tickets are almost £50. That's a fucking lot of money for the shit we had to put up with last night.

I don't go to away games anymore because I'm both not well enough, and more due to the fact that I don't want to.

Some people on here are far too quick to defend the club. It's a business. That's what it is. All this you should go shit irrespective of how the team are performing, or what league we're in can fuck off. I wouldn't put myself out on a Saturday night to watch engage with something that I didn't enjoy. So why on earth folk would criticise others for deciding not to go is beyond me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next