THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Don't go!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 3:07 pm 

Zeberdee wrote:
Gers wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Gers wrote:
The problem with espousing the club v’s owner argument doesn't really hold water where we’re concerned because we’re so identified with Pete that it’s impossible to separate them. He’s willed the club into existence by the sheer force of his personality. Think of MK Dons and the majority will instantly think of the move, which he instigated.

As I was told recently, it’s his club and he can do whatever the fuck he want’s with it.

You're right. He's 66 years old now and he can't go on forever. I do think in recent years he's been trying to work out what he's going to do with the club, he's mentioned it in a few recent interviews. The problem is he's managed to get us into a position where nobody else wants us. A League 2 team whose attendances are dropping and who are losing money all the time. It's hardly an easy sell.

It's like the end of Factory Records. The guy from London Records who was in negotiations to buy them asked what they actually had to sell as Factory didn't have contracts with the bands or owned the masters. They had nothing. What does Pete have to sell? A L2 football club that doesn't own the stadium it plays in, and doesn't even have a training ground. Can't see many folk queuing up to take that off his hands.[/qu

Nail on head, no one is going to buy a club and then pay to rent the Stadium ,

It's the point we've always been waiting for, what actually is for sale. If it's the lot then it will have suitors.

If not, then it will still have suitors but not one's we want. :lol:

Of course two more relegations and in comes Pete Marland. ;)

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 3:26 pm 

Brando wrote:
I'm not sure I've ever really understood the whole 'demanding success and promotions' thing.

I enjoy watching football, and I enjoy meeting up with friends at the football. I do like it when we win, but I don't usually get too pissed off when we lose.

I'm not sure I've ever really enjoyed the higher divisions more than the lower ones. We tend to win more games in the lower divisions for a start.

Every season, most teams in every league will end up disappointing their fans, but that's always been the case, and always will be - if winning is the only thing you're interested in, then attach yourself to one of the current Saudi Sportswashing Projects and lap it up, but even that won't last.

I like occasional promotions, as I get to go to new grounds or revisit ones that I haven't been to in ages. Having said that, I don't go to many aways these days, mainly because we seem to have become a fanbase that turns on the team when we lose or play badly, and that stops me enjoying it, so I don't go often.

I'm rambling now :D

If you don't want to go, then don't go, but don't feel the need to announce it, or to try to encourage others to do the same - that's a bit daft.

Bring on Saturday.

Top man

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 3:29 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Zeberdee wrote:
Gers wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Gers wrote:
The problem with espousing the club v’s owner argument doesn't really hold water where we’re concerned because we’re so identified with Pete that it’s impossible to separate them. He’s willed the club into existence by the sheer force of his personality. Think of MK Dons and the majority will instantly think of the move, which he instigated.

As I was told recently, it’s his club and he can do whatever the fuck he want’s with it.

You're right. He's 66 years old now and he can't go on forever. I do think in recent years he's been trying to work out what he's going to do with the club, he's mentioned it in a few recent interviews. The problem is he's managed to get us into a position where nobody else wants us. A League 2 team whose attendances are dropping and who are losing money all the time. It's hardly an easy sell.

It's like the end of Factory Records. The guy from London Records who was in negotiations to buy them asked what they actually had to sell as Factory didn't have contracts with the bands or owned the masters. They had nothing. What does Pete have to sell? A L2 football club that doesn't own the stadium it plays in, and doesn't even have a training ground. Can't see many folk queuing up to take that off his hands.[/qu

Nail on head, no one is going to buy a club and then pay to rent the Stadium ,

It's the point we've always been waiting for, what actually is for sale. If it's the lot then it will have suitors.

If not, then it will still have suitors but not one's we want. :lol:

Of course two more relegations and in comes Pete Marland. ;)

Maybe that's the end game. Then it is the councils problem. It's probably his only way to retire at this moment in time. I can't see anyone wanting to invest in a failed project.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 3:32 pm 

Some seem hell-bent on constantly stating they've lost interest and don't care about our club. Would say these people's mindset is the saddest part of it all.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 4:04 pm 

Council Kev wrote:
Some seem hell-bent on constantly stating they've lost interest and don't care about our club. Would say these people's mindset is the saddest part of it all.

I don't think you're in a position to criticise other people's mindsets. :lol:

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 4:37 pm 

Brando wrote:
I'm not sure I've ever really understood the whole 'demanding success and promotions' thing.

I enjoy watching football, and I enjoy meeting up with friends at the football. I do like it when we win, but I don't usually get too pissed off when we lose.

I'm not sure I've ever really enjoyed the higher divisions more than the lower ones. We tend to win more games in the lower divisions for a start.

Every season, most teams in every league will end up disappointing their fans, but that's always been the case, and always will be - if winning is the only thing you're interested in, then attach yourself to one of the current Saudi Sportswashing Projects and lap it up, but even that won't last.

I like occasional promotions, as I get to go to new grounds or revisit ones that I haven't been to in ages. Having said that, I don't go to many aways these days, mainly because we seem to have become a fanbase that turns on the team when we lose or play badly, and that stops me enjoying it, so I don't go often.

I'm rambling now :D

If you don't want to go, then don't go, but don't feel the need to announce it, or to try to encourage others to do the same - that's a bit daft.

Bring on Saturday.

Well said sir

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 4:41 pm 

By August I'll be excited again regardless what League we're in.

We're allowed to express displeasure and annoyance both at the ground and on the forum, that's what the forum is for and you pay your money you say what you like, with reason. When it's aimed at other fans, it's a bit silly but if you wanna call footballers a bit shit then crack on. I did. And I enjoyed it.

Covod taught me a lot about football. I think I celebrated about 5 goals throughout the reason by leaping up and cheering loudly. The biggest part is the day out. You express your disdain by leaving early if you want, booing or not going. I went down to Crawley both days, and had a great day on both aside from the disappointment of the result and postponement but you make of it what you make of it.

I'll be there Saturday to cheer my team on. If they don't so it, they don't so it. If they do I'll have seen one of the best comebacks in our short history. Either way in August I'll have football to watch. It'll be in a crap division and I'll moan about how crap it is but I'll still go because I still get joy out of having g fun with my friends one way or another

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:33 pm 

Scum. wrote:
Don't leave
Please stay
With me
You are, thee only thing, I need to get by
To get by

Tune

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 11:17 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Scum. wrote:
Don't leave
Please stay
With me
To get by

Tune

Should I stay or should I go?
Another tune.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 11:42 am 

Aliramone wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Scum. wrote:
Don't leave
Please stay
With me
To get by

Tune

Should I stay or should I go?
Another tune.

We'll live and die in these towns.

Another tune.

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next