THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Don't go!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:33 am 

Council Kev wrote:
Must be like Christmas and Birthday rolled into one for some. A golden opportunity to hurt our club. FUCK OFF!!!

The club hurts itself. Its like they perform Seppuku but can't even do that properly. I love this club, but that doesn't mean I have to love it's owner manager or some of the players.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:35 am 

I'm going because I wanna support my team, but also because it'll be a day in the sun with my pals and then a footy match to watch.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:38 am 

And you wonder why we're known as 'customers' 

EMBARRASSING

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:52 am 

Russybcool wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
It's a moot point for me as i can't go even if I wanted to. But I can completely see both sides of people who do or don't want to go.

It's just the idea of sending a message to PW through not going that I don't agree with. It isn't going to make a blind bit of difference.

Your right it probably won't but if the sheep don't go baa then one day it might click in his mind. I mean 20 years ago he spouted his first peice of bullshit. He said next season we would be premier league. We are so far away from that he has no out.

People holding this against him are ridiculous. All chairmen/women say stupidly positive things to build the hype, Pete is no different. All these 5 year, 10 years plans are reliant on consistent on the pitch success, which for the most part is a lottery.

So why do the clubs that I mentioned above who have had it a lot worse than us in the past decade have now overtook us and look a lot better prospect that we ever have or probably will do. Luton and Ipswich can do it on a smaller budget than those around them. Coventry had to play in two different towns in the past 10 to 15 years and still are miles ahead of us and now have an owner that cares who is a fan and is debt free and they don't own their ground. Why are people happy that we have spent 20 years standing still or even worse moonwalking backwards. He only said what he said to sell the frenzy. I mean realistically he said it cause he thought he could get us to the prem by spending fuck all and then sell the club and retire into the distance. Now we are not a prospect I mean if you were local or even if you wern't you would think about buying Luton before us hell I would probably buy Northampton over us at the moment. I mean as people have said we are not a draw. 20 years later we still don't have a decent training ground ffs. It's just sad people have put up with it for as long as they have.

Any credibility this had was lost when you said Ipswich have a small budget. They have a massive one :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:53 am 

Support... good and bad. I'll be there

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:00 am 

JonnyG wrote:

Pretty much.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:02 am 

DippyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
It's a moot point for me as i can't go even if I wanted to. But I can completely see both sides of people who do or don't want to go.

It's just the idea of sending a message to PW through not going that I don't agree with. It isn't going to make a blind bit of difference.

Your right it probably won't but if the sheep don't go baa then one day it might click in his mind. I mean 20 years ago he spouted his first peice of bullshit. He said next season we would be premier league. We are so far away from that he has no out.

People holding this against him are ridiculous. All chairmen/women say stupidly positive things to build the hype, Pete is no different. All these 5 year, 10 years plans are reliant on consistent on the pitch success, which for the most part is a lottery.

So why do the clubs that I mentioned above who have had it a lot worse than us in the past decade have now overtook us and look a lot better prospect that we ever have or probably will do. Luton and Ipswich can do it on a smaller budget than those around them. Coventry had to play in two different towns in the past 10 to 15 years and still are miles ahead of us and now have an owner that cares who is a fan and is debt free and they don't own their ground. Why are people happy that we have spent 20 years standing still or even worse moonwalking backwards. He only said what he said to sell the frenzy. I mean realistically he said it cause he thought he could get us to the prem by spending fuck all and then sell the club and retire into the distance. Now we are not a prospect I mean if you were local or even if you wern't you would think about buying Luton before us hell I would probably buy Northampton over us at the moment. I mean as people have said we are not a draw. 20 years later we still don't have a decent training ground ffs. It's just sad people have put up with it for as long as they have.

Any credibility this had was lost when you said Ipswich have a small budget. They have a massive one :lol:

Compared to Leeds and Leicester? They had an estimated wage bill this season of £11mill. Compared to £60mill for Leicester and £39mill for Leeds. It took them 4 years of staying in league 1. Marcus Evans name was mud when they went down to a point he sold the club in 2021. But you knew all of this didn't you.

Last edited by Russybcool on Wed May 08, 2024 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:06 am 

JonnyG wrote:

This 100000000000%

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:08 am 

SOUTHSTANDER wrote:
JonnyG wrote:

This 100000000000%

What are you doing at half twelve this saturday mate? Because that's the most important game in our house this weekend. You above all people should know what an utter shit show this club has become recently.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:13 am 

Russybcool wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

Compared to Leeds and Leicester? They had an estimated wage bill this season of £11mill. Compared to £60mill for Leicester and £39mill for Leeds. It took them 4 years of staying in league 1. Marcus Evans name was mud when they went down to a point he sold the club in 2021. But you knew all of this didn't you.

Compared to the recently relegated Premier League teams? Of course not. But their new owners are minted mate and have just sold a 9 figure stake in the club too...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next