THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 9:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Don't go!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:02 am 

ROKERITE wrote:
Reading TCR this morning is so like Owlstalk was the morning after the 4-0 thrashing by Posh. But despite their anger and pessimism Wednesday's supporters did turn up and enjoyed one of their greatest nights. So I agree with you and hope very few decide to get a refund.

It is unlikely that you can turn the tie around but, as you say, what if and how will it feel if you weren't there on an historic night?

I suspect there's quite a few people that just don't really give a shit either way any more.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:04 am 

donmentor wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
I'm sure many won't go, and will get a refund. And those of us that do go will see another embarrassing mess.

But what if it's not. What if we turn it around? Wouldn't you want to have been there to see it? The chances are slim to none. But what if...?

Nope. I do not. Even if we do manage to scrape by if you think Crawley shit on us imagine what Doncaster will do. We will probably win. But not by 3. We have only lost 4 times at home all season which is probably another reason people will go but if you are that bothered watch it on sky. I mean it's cheaper easier and you can sit where you like and that arsehole doesn't get a bean. I am sorry if he doesn't give a shit why should any of us

Because I support MK Dons FC not Pete Winkelman FC.

This

So do I, but put up with mediocrity you will get mediocrity for life. 20 years this year and we have gone more backwards than forwards in that time. Even when we did go forwards we did little with it. You only have to look at Luton, Ipswich and to a lesser extent teams like Coventry who on a budget manage to get the best out of their player and get out the lower leagues. Fuck me even Pompy are out of it now and Plymouth stayed up. Bolton are one game away from the Championship and 5 years ago they nearly went bust. They all have worse situations than us in the last decade or more yet all look much better than us. I support the club I do, but it is a busted flush Saturday and by no means am I saying walk away next season, but they all need to understand how much it means and if that means walking away from a game that they do not deserve our support in then so be it. I mean most who went yesterday went back twice in 2 days. They have dedication so why doesn't the club?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:05 am 

Russybcool wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
I'm sure many won't go, and will get a refund. And those of us that do go will see another embarrassing mess.

But what if it's not. What if we turn it around? Wouldn't you want to have been there to see it? The chances are slim to none. But what if...?

Nope. I do not. Even if we do manage to scrape by if you think Crawley shit on us imagine what Doncaster will do. We will probably win. But not by 3. We have only lost 4 times at home all season which is probably another reason people will go but if you are that bothered watch it on sky. I mean it's cheaper easier and you can sit where you like and that arsehole doesn't get a bean. I am sorry if he doesn't give a shit why should any of us

Because I support MK Dons FC not Pete Winkelman FC.

And who owns that club?

I think he's just a front for the directors of afc.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:07 am 

ROKERITE wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

Reading TCR this morning is so like Owlstalk was the morning after the 4-0 thrashing by Posh. But despite their anger and pessimism Wednesday's supporters did turn up and enjoyed one of their greatest nights. So I agree with you and hope very few decide to get a refund.

It is unlikely that you can turn the tie around but, as you say, what if and how will it feel if you weren't there on an historic night?

Your saying it like we can keep clean sheets on the regular.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:33 am 

Must be like Christmas and Birthday rolled into one for some. A golden opportunity to hurt our club. FUCK OFF!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:52 am 

The problem with espousing the club v’s owner argument doesn't really hold water where we’re concerned because we’re so identified with Pete that it’s impossible to separate them. He’s willed the club into existence by the sheer force of his personality. Think of MK Dons and the majority will instantly think of the move, which he instigated.

As I was told recently, it’s his club and he can do whatever the fuck he want’s with it.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:57 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
It's a moot point for me as i can't go even if I wanted to. But I can completely see both sides of people who do or don't want to go.

It's just the idea of sending a message to PW through not going that I don't agree with. It isn't going to make a blind bit of difference.

Your right it probably won't but if the sheep don't go baa then one day it might click in his mind. I mean 20 years ago he spouted his first peice of bullshit. He said next season we would be premier league. We are so far away from that he has no out.

People holding this against him are ridiculous. All chairmen/women say stupidly positive things to build the hype, Pete is no different. All these 5 year, 10 years plans are reliant on consistent on the pitch success, which for the most part is a lottery.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:58 am 

Gers wrote:
The problem with espousing the club v’s owner argument doesn't really hold water where we’re concerned because we’re so identified with Pete that it’s impossible to separate them. He’s willed the club into existence by the sheer force of his personality. Think of MK Dons and the majority will instantly think of the move, which he instigated.

As I was told recently, it’s his club and he can do whatever the fuck he want’s with it.

You're right. He's 66 years old now and he can't go on forever. I do think in recent years he's been trying to work out what he's going to do with the club, he's mentioned it in a few recent interviews. The problem is he's managed to get us into a position where nobody else wants us. A League 2 team whose attendances are dropping and who are losing money all the time. It's hardly an easy sell.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:05 am 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Gers wrote:

You're right. He's 66 years old now and he can't go on forever. I do think in recent years he's been trying to work out what he's going to do with the club, he's mentioned it in a few recent interviews. The problem is he's managed to get us into a position where nobody else wants us. A League 2 team whose attendances are dropping and who are losing money all the time. It's hardly an easy sell.

It's like the end of Factory Records. The guy from London Records who was in negotiations to buy them asked what they actually had to sell as Factory didn't have contracts with the bands or owned the masters. They had nothing. What does Pete have to sell? A L2 football club that doesn't own the stadium it plays in, and doesn't even have a training ground. Can't see many folk queuing up to take that off his hands.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:29 am 

DippyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
It's a moot point for me as i can't go even if I wanted to. But I can completely see both sides of people who do or don't want to go.

It's just the idea of sending a message to PW through not going that I don't agree with. It isn't going to make a blind bit of difference.

Your right it probably won't but if the sheep don't go baa then one day it might click in his mind. I mean 20 years ago he spouted his first peice of bullshit. He said next season we would be premier league. We are so far away from that he has no out.

People holding this against him are ridiculous. All chairmen/women say stupidly positive things to build the hype, Pete is no different. All these 5 year, 10 years plans are reliant on consistent on the pitch success, which for the most part is a lottery.

So why do the clubs that I mentioned above who have had it a lot worse than us in the past decade have now overtook us and look a lot better prospect that we ever have or probably will do. Luton and Ipswich can do it on a smaller budget than those around them. Coventry had to play in two different towns in the past 10 to 15 years and still are miles ahead of us and now have an owner that cares who is a fan and is debt free and they don't own their ground. Why are people happy that we have spent 20 years standing still or even worse moonwalking backwards. He only said what he said to sell the frenzy. I mean realistically he said it cause he thought he could get us to the prem by spending fuck all and then sell the club and retire into the distance. Now we are not a prospect I mean if you were local or even if you wern't you would think about buying Luton before us hell I would probably buy Northampton over us at the moment. I mean as people have said we are not a draw. 20 years later we still don't have a decent training ground ffs. It's just sad people have put up with it for as long as they have.

Last edited by Russybcool on Wed May 08, 2024 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next