THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 10:39 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:28 am 

Dean seemed to have been given instructions to cut off the sideways pass from the keeper to their left centre back - but that just allowed the keeper to walk forward.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:11 am 

Their 'keeper situation was really odd. They mentioned it in the pre-match build up on Sky, and when he walked up to the halfway line I'm thinking 'What the fuck?'. If they can see it, and I could see it, in fact I got a WhatsApp from someone I used to work with asking if I was there, and am I seeing what their 'keeper is doing, then surely to fuck our analyst must have known what he was likely to do and formulated a plan to counteract it.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:31 am 

Russybcool wrote:
How the fuck you can blame kelky is beyond me for any of the goals. 2 deflections and a free kick tucker fell asleep on and lost his man. He kept it semi respectable with two good saves and a block he knew nothing about really. He was by default our motm by the others being so dire. We should have lost by at least 5 and we didn't cause of Kelly and nobody else.

I'm not blaming Kelly?
I think he could've done better on the second but it was Tucker's fault more than his, so before I even start blaming Kelly I'm more arsed about the defender.

I'm talking generally. We seem to be very kind to a guy who, generally, isn't very good, and hasn't been for about 2 months now.
He's the best of a bad pick, but that doesn't mean he's the answer. He makes a few saves, he's supposed to thats his job. But the things he shouldn't do as a keeper he seems to do a lot of. His distribution is appalling, he spent more time rabbiting on to the linesman yesterday than he did organising his defence and his 6 yard area on corners and free kicks.. but this isn't just about yesterday. He's let some appalling goals in recently for a starting goalkeeper. And nobody seems to want to say anything.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:42 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
How the fuck you can blame kelky is beyond me for any of the goals. 2 deflections and a free kick tucker fell asleep on and lost his man. He kept it semi respectable with two good saves and a block he knew nothing about really. He was by default our motm by the others being so dire. We should have lost by at least 5 and we didn't cause of Kelly and nobody else.

I'm not blaming Kelly?
I think he could've done better on the second but it was Tucker's fault more than his, so before I even start blaming Kelly I'm more arsed about the defender.

I'm talking generally. We seem to be very kind to a guy who, generally, isn't very good, and hasn't been for about 2 months now.
He's the best of a bad pick, but that doesn't mean he's the answer. He makes a few saves, he's supposed to thats his job. But the things he shouldn't do as a keeper he seems to do a lot of. His distribution is appalling, he spent more time rabbiting on to the linesman yesterday than he did organising his defence and his 6 yard area on corners and free kicks.. but this isn't just about yesterday. He's let some appalling goals in recently for a starting goalkeeper. And nobody seems to want to say anything.

Cause he is the best of a fucking awful situation that was Williamson and Sweetings making. Trust me I know he isn't perfect. He was 4 days away from being released in January and I am sure he still is on a pay as you play contract. If it wasn't for Marschall's "injury" said Marschall would have been in goal yesterday and Kelly would probably be back at home watching us suffer. You are not and will never get a perfect keeper in league 2. Addai is as close as you will get, but even then he has been with Crawley two years and only just shown what he can do this season and if they don't go up he will be gone as that is the nature of the league you can't say no to money we will know that when Dean fucks off in a couple of months. It doesn't help matters that our keepers have shit all in front of them helping them. I don't trust our defence whatsoever and I am sure that goes double for the poor keeper that has to play behind them. Yes he makes mistakes, but everyone does, but out of the two we have he is the one I trust more. In all honesty I hope McG and Williamson kiss and make up. I doubt it as McG was the one who refused to play at Tranmere so I guess his days are numbered with us, which is a shame as when you look at McG, Kelly and Marschall I know who I would want in goal. It was something that was definitely preventable, but we do love to self destruct. It's what we do.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:50 am 

I'm not disagreeing with any of that.

He is the best of a bad bunch, and has been let down by the defence. But equally, he hasn't been very good either. He's conceded some goals that we'd be very quick to point fingers at Marschall for conceding. And you aren't going to get a great goalkeeper at L2 level. All of that is agreed. But you can tell the difference between a number one at this level and a reserve. And he's clearly a reserve. I've seen people suggest he deserves a run next season and hasn't done anything to deserve being dropped for a new keeper. I massively disagree.
He's only here because, as you said and I agree, we changed the goalkeeper situation mid season. And was probably a mistake, in fact, definitely a mistake.
All I'm saying, after I said the defenders that we agree on, he isn't good enough and shouldn't be starting next season.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 6:11 pm 

Not sure if anyone else of the 700 felt this last night, but everything just felt "off" last night and just felt like groundhog day, right from the very start. Even before the game, it felt really tense. The Crawley fans were making plenty of noise and done their best to really jeer up their team. We, as in the fans, the players, felt tense and a bit quiet and meh. I experienced more noise at Crewe away earlier in the season and this was our biggest game of the season. Not a dig at anyone, but collectively, did the tension get the better of all of us? Circumstances weren't great with the postponement, but it just felt a bog standard tinpot away day yesterday, even before they scored. Then it just continued to go down hill from there :lol:

Repeating what most have said, but the club have had their feet up whilst the DA lads have done their job and more for them.