THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 8:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Players mentality
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 10:42 pm 

Why do we always shit the bed in big games? The whole talk in the build up was that we would play our way. Far fucking from it, just allowed Crawley to do what they want and hoofed it whenever we got the ball. Completely played against ourselves. When two teams play a similar style you have to impose your game and dominate. We rolled over and let them do whatever they wanted. It’s just like Wycombe in the play offs all over again. Fucked ourselves over by not playing our game. MW massively fucked it, and the players don’t have any bottle at all. A fucking disgraceful performance.

I’d make a lot of changes for the next game, bring in Tezgel and Harrison, play Robson and Lewington. Fuck Wearne, Tucker and Payne off to the bench. We were unbelievably shit.

Post subject: Re: Players mentality
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:22 pm 

Hard to disagree.

This squad has no idea how to manage games. Turn of the year especially, the only one we managed to see put was Swondon and even then we had 80 minutes with a 2-0 lead.

It's really fucking annoying but this has been post and pre MW. This squad is absolutely weak minded dogshit, and before anyone says it's trigger happy, it's not. I've been questioning the mentality for a while.

All we can do as fans is turn up and get behind them because they do have a performance in them... but, saying that I can't argue against those who don't want to waste £25 on an inevitable disappointing evening. I'd love everyone to gather and galvanise the squad, but it's hard to convince them

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:46 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Hard to disagree.

This squad has no idea how to manage games. Turn of the year especially, the only one we managed to see put was Swondon and even then we had 80 minutes with a 2-0 lead.

It's really fucking annoying but this has been post and pre MW. This squad is absolutely weak minded dogshit, and before anyone says it's trigger happy, it's not. I've been questioning the mentality for a while.

All we can do as fans is turn up and get behind them because they do have a performance in them... but, saying that I can't argue against those who don't want to waste £25 on an inevitable disappointing evening. I'd love everyone to gather and galvanise the squad, but it's hard to convince them

Not gonna say it

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:51 pm 

Alright David

- Graham Alexander, October 2023