THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:31 am 

Warwickdons wrote:
based on what I've seen this season, myself and my son will not be renewing our season tickets or attending anymore home games, just away games now, starting with Walsall Saturday.

I'm sure you have said that in the past and will say it again in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:20 am 

Warwickdons wrote:
Gers wrote:
Given the circumstances I thought old Ginge was by far and away the MOTM.

The performance yesterday was chalk and cheese compared to what we've seen recently.

No pleasing some folk.

If you're happy watching that every week fare enough, you probably don't have far to travel to home games, my 100 plus miles round trips for home games are starting to feel less worthwhile, so based on what I've seen this season, myself and my son will not be renewing our season tickets or attending anymore home games, just away games now, starting with Walsall Saturday.

Good. See your on promotion Saturday 2019 :D

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:04 pm 

Whether we stay up or go down will probably not be decided until towards the end of April.

What I dont get is that for the last few months people posting on here have been sick and tired of the crap football we have been playing. ( not sure if one can call it football).

We have a new management team which although includes a young ambitious manager first time job with a very experienced assistant at Premier League clubs and yet all is doom and gloom after one match day.

FFS give them a chance the state we have been in is liking turning an oil tanker round in the Grand Union Canal ie bloody difficult.

If they could wave a magic wand Im sure they would but football aint like that apparently.

Just for a few months can we possibly get behind them and see what May brings.

None of us want relegation but please lets get behind the team on match days

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:01 pm 

APMKDon wrote:
Whether we stay up or go down will probably not be decided until towards the end of April.

What I dont get is that for the last few months people posting on here have been sick and tired of the crap football we have been playing. ( not sure if one can call it football).

We have a new management team which although includes a young ambitious manager first time job with a very experienced assistant at Premier League clubs and yet all is doom and gloom after one match day.

FFS give them a chance the state we have been in is liking turning an oil tanker round in the Grand Union Canal ie bloody difficult.

If they could wave a magic wand Im sure they would but football aint like that apparently.

Just for a few months can we possibly get behind them and see what May brings.

None of us want relegation but please lets get behind the team on match days

This.
It was a bit worrying how the weaknesses are still prevalent, but there was just enough improvement to keep me interested.
I'm not expecting a complete turnaround within 2-3 matches, but hopefully will see some more improvement.
In a way, it's going to be interesting to see if DM has enough time to turn us around. Maybe PW should have got rid of RN a month earlier?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:39 pm 

Well I enjoyed watching yesterday, even if we did lose.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:00 pm 

Stoney fleshpots? Bit too far from the clap clinic for my liking

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:03 pm 

For the first 45 minutes we were exciting up to the penalty area, and nearly all the players played well. But on clear chances we still should have gone in a goal down. Our possession on the floor might look good, but only in the areas outside those two banks of four.

Second half we shot ourselves in the foot with those defensive changes and seemed to lose the plot.

As I said elsewhere, its early days. The new management team needs time to gel.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:20 pm 

barry wrote:
Stoney fleshpots? Bit too far from the clap clinic for my liking

I think that was a band I saw at The Crauford about 4 years ago...... :?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:51 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:
Gers wrote:
Given the circumstances I thought old Ginge was by far and away the MOTM.

The performance yesterday was chalk and cheese compared to what we've seen recently.

No pleasing some folk.

If you're happy watching that every week fare enough, you probably don't have far to travel to home games, my 100 plus miles round trips for home games are starting to feel less worthwhile, so based on what I've seen this season, myself and my son will not be renewing our season tickets or attending anymore home games, just away games now, starting with Walsall Saturday.

What are you unhappy with? The style or the result? Most people were moaning about the style under Neilson. Now it's different. No pleasing some folk.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:22 am 

[quote="Sausage"]For the first 45 minutes we were exciting up to the penalty area, and nearly all the players played well. But on clear chances we still should have gone in a goal down. Our possession on the floor might look good, but only in the areas outside those two banks of four.

Second half we shot ourselves in the foot with those defensive changes and seemed to lose the plot.

As I said elsewhere, its early days. The new management team needs time to gel.[/quote]

How long do you give them? Already three points adrift. Wait till it is 9 or 12 points adrift. Or give them enough time till we are in league 2?

WE DO NOT HAVE THE LUXURY OF TIME. We should have sacked Neilson before now and then give the new manager time, but now time is not our friend. I understand that he is new to the job and I hope there is a striker of some sort in by Wednesday, but what hope do we have when we cant fashion a shot on target until 8 minutes from time at home.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next