THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:22 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:
Brando wrote:
Quite possible we'll still go down, but to suggest that this week's appointments show a lack of ambition shows a rather significant lack of understanding. It's the most ambitious appointment we could have made.

Takes all sorts of course.

Look how Gillingham have turned It around, gone from 23rd to 10th under Steve lovell, I'm not clueless by the way, as for lewington mom, you're having a laugh

Lewie was very very good today.
To state the bleedin' obvious. Once he went off we .....er got (a lot) worse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:33 pm 
Brando wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Brando wrote:
Quite possible we'll still go down, but to suggest that this week's appointments show a lack of ambition shows a rather significant lack of understanding. It's the most ambitious appointment we could have made.

Look how Gillingham have turned It around, gone from 23rd to 10th under Steve lovell, I'm not clueless by the way, as for lewington mom, you're having a laugh

He could have come out, scored a hat-trick of own goals, punched every supporter in the face and taken a dump in the centre circle and I'd still have given him MOTM today :D

To be fair, taking a dump in the centre circle would be legendary enough on its own and more than enough to deserve MotM.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:34 pm 

Look.
FFS the car parking will be a lot easier next year. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:39 am 

Brando wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Brando wrote:

He could have come out, scored a hat-trick of own goals, punched every supporter in the face and taken a dump in the centre circle and I'd still have given him MOTM today :D

This about sums up our support, everything revolves around the ginger one, who apparently is God, get a grip, we're crap, the chairman has a vision, a vision of our investment in the playing staff or management, the clubs toxic from top to bottom.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:16 am 

Warwickdons wrote:
Brando wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Brando wrote:

This about sums up our support, everything revolves around the ginger one, who apparently is God, get a grip, we're crap, the chairman has a vision, a vision of our investment in the playing staff or management, the clubs toxic from top to bottom.

Bloody hell, if you couldn't find some joy in yesterdays performance I fear for your mental health. Get to the GP and ask for some prozac before you top yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:53 am 
Or don’t - either way works I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:53 am 

Given the circumstances I thought old Ginge was by far and away the MOTM.

The performance yesterday was chalk and cheese compared to what we've seen recently.

No pleasing some folk.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:11 am 

Gers wrote:

The performance yesterday was chalk and cheese compared to what we've seen recently.

No pleasing some folk.

If you're happy watching that every week fare enough, you probably don't have far to travel to home games, my 100 plus miles round trips for home games are starting to feel less worthwhile, so based on what I've seen this season, myself and my son will not be renewing our season tickets or attending anymore home games, just away games now, starting with Walsall Saturday.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:13 am 

If we keep playing like we did in the last 30 mins then relegation is inevitable.
First half looked very good, lots of passing and moving, could have gone in one up, started the second half well.
Tavernier and Williams seemed to have struck up an understanding, shame they were on a different wavelength to Agard and Sow.
Then took off Lewi, big error sticking Cisse out wide, his lack of conviction cost the goal, that and some joke defending.
Why did Nicolls spend so much time before the game practicing long goalkicks, then spend the whole game playing them short to defenders.
Our build up was much too slow, second to the ball lots of times. Cisse and some others just strolled through the game, total lack of urgency.
Coventry pushed up in the second half compressing play into about 15 yards, but we took so long to get the ball up to the front men everyone was marked with at least three spare players. Lots of work to do on the training pitch, fans want to see players willing to die for the cause, as well as good football.
Take nothing away from Coventry, they kept their shape and every man did his job, but our lethagy made it easy for them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:18 am 

Warwickdons wrote:
Gers wrote:

No pleasing some folk.

If you're happy watching that every week fare enough, you probably don't have far to travel to home games, my 100 plus miles round trips for home games are starting to feel less worthwhile, so based on what I've seen this season, myself and my son will not be renewing our season tickets or attending anymore home games, just away games now, starting with Walsall Saturday.

I'm refusing to get sucked in again. It's only a game, which I'll enjoy whatever the standard. I'll go, have a couple of pints, chat rubbish with some friends, come on here, post crap which hardly anyone reads, have an evening out in the Stony fleshpots, come home, go to bed.

It's really only a game. Nothing more. Just a game. Enjoy it for what it is. A game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next