THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Crawley
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:08 pm 

HarpenDon wrote:
They are the eighth League Team to have scored at least three goals against us since New Year.

Not many clubs get relegated and stick with the same back three for the next season. We did.

Funny thing is, there will be plenty that think we should build next season’s team around Tucker, O’Hora and Harvie. I think we should let them all go.

68 goals we conceded in the league. Nine teams in the league let in less than that.

Decent performance from Crawley, but far from unique against our defence. And bear in mind that Kelly performed some heroics.

O’Hora and Harvie will both be out of contract, I don’t expect either to be here next season

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:10 pm 

BarryR wrote:
What an absolute shit show.
No fight at all
Waste of time and petrol and I expect a long line to return tickets tomorrow

Hopefully most people don't return the tickets and turn up.....that's why we are called 'supporters'

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:11 pm 

HarpenDon wrote:
They are the eighth League Team to have scored at least three goals against us since New Year.

Not many clubs get relegated and stick with the same back three for the next season. We did.

Funny thing is, there will be plenty that think we should build next season’s team around Tucker, O’Hora and Harvie. I think we should let them all go.

68 goals we conceded in the league. Nine teams in the league let in less than that.

Decent performance from Crawley, but far from unique against our defence. And bear in mind that Kelly performed some heroics.

We got killed in midfield today.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:14 pm 

payne and bate are good players. as a midfield pairing they are a defensive liability.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:15 pm 

Leighton wrote:
BarryR wrote:
What an absolute shit show.
No fight at all
Waste of time and petrol and I expect a long line to return tickets tomorrow

Hopefully most people don't return the tickets and turn up.....that's why we are called 'supporters'

THIS. With bells on.

Be miserable all you want on here but show up on Saturday, #donyourwhite and boo/hurl abuse from the stands but just be sure to at least #donyourwhite.

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:17 pm 

HarpenDon wrote:

I have said it since the beginning of the season that defence is shocking and for most of it we have had mj Williams in it which says it all. Stewart didn't get a look in when he came back from injury. So why bother keeping him around. Ohoras last game on Saturday's if he plays. Tucker will run out his contract and harvie just doesnt look arsed most of the time. Even Lewie has had his rough patches. We need to sort it out at the back for next season and have a fucking plan b. It laughable how much we try to play it out from the back and get sussed out. I am not saying route 1 all the time but look at Notts County when we played direct Harrison scored. I mean Crawley have a keeper who can come to the half way line and ping 40 yard passes. We don't.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:20 pm 

dons50 wrote:
HarpenDon wrote:

We got killed in midfield today.

Yes I agree with that. Both Bate and Payne completely bossed. But we still have a defence that leaks like a sieve. Have a look at Tucker on the second goal. Gets wrong side, then tries to drag him back then watches him skip on to get a foot on it. Barely looked interested in defending it.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:32 pm 

I genuinely think it was Payne, Bate and Gilbey's worst performance in a Don's shirt tonight. Don't recall them ever having a poorer game.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:37 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
I genuinely think it was Payne, Bate and Gilbey's worst performance in a Don's shirt tonight. Don't recall them ever having a poorer game.

They weren’t allowed to.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:38 pm 

Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up. From the Dean chance on 3 mins they dominated, credit to them.

Though I don't think either of us would beat Donny, they deserve the chance a lot more than us.