THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ticket returns
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 4:07 pm 

Gers wrote:
We've descended into a game of 'I'm a better fan than you'. No one wins that game. If you want to go, then go. If you don't then don't. If you want to criticize folk for going, then criticize them. If you want to criticize folk for not going, then guess what?

This real fan nonsense can fuck off to be honest. No one's better than me, and I'm no better than anyone else. Well perhaps Mark E Smith, but he's dead so he doesn't count any longer.

You're not going to like this, but...

This.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 4:53 pm 

I’m still going as the wife said she wants me out of the house.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 4:56 pm 

Gers wrote:
We've descended into a game of 'I'm a better fan than you'. No one wins that game. If you want to go, then go. If you don't then don't. If you want to criticize folk for going, then criticize them. If you want to criticize folk for not going, then guess what?

This real fan nonsense can fuck off to be honest. No one's better than me, and I'm no better than anyone else. Well perhaps Mark E Smith, but he's dead so he doesn't count any longer.

Well I'm a WORSE fan. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:13 pm 

Hereford-Don wrote:
Haven't been to stadium MK since the last play-off semi final defeat when we were trying to/should have got into the Championship !

All downhill sell off rubbish from the club since.

BUT, although i now live 240miles / 5hr+ round trip away near Hereford, I was looking forward to coming home and seeing a good game of footie and a great atmosphere

Not a chance, from our disaster last season & the sheer volume of goals leaked, its just continued this season and to be clear MK dont deserve to go back up to League 1. And if we did how do you think we'd do in L1 ? Bottom 6 and rubbish football and probably back to L2. There is no money to BUILD on our team and we always sell our only good players & trott out the "wont stand in the way" crap statements.

I'm glad Crawley got a 3 goal lead. It easily made my mind up. My 3 tickets were sold back to the club today. I'm not wasting 5hrs+ in the car to see a smug Crawley team.

Sad but when MK can dish up something half decent, Ill be back

Sadly, with all the loanees leaving, Dean likely to be sold, it looks like MK will need to build a brand new team again from nearly scratch, and that's why MK peddled backwards in the water against the tide!

GL to those going, I went to the last 5x semi final defeats, no wish to pay to watch another one

You'll kick yourself if we win 4-0

We won't

But you would

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:24 pm 

Gers wrote:
My neighbours are going. He has no interest in football whatsoever, but asked if I want to share a taxi as now that it's on Saturday rather than Thursday he's going to make an evening of it. But I doubt there are many like that.

I'm 99.9% not going.

There are definitely more casual fans still coming for Saturday ....until this season I was a 3 or 4 game a season man myself (various reasons including money and children too young) and this is the type of game I would have chosen to attend

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:41 pm 

Leighton wrote:
Gers wrote:
My neighbours are going. He has no interest in football whatsoever, but asked if I want to share a taxi as now that it's on Saturday rather than Thursday he's going to make an evening of it. But I doubt there are many like that.

I'm 99.9% not going.

There are definitely more casual fans still coming for Saturday ....until this season I was a 3 or 4 game a season man myself (various reasons including money and children too young) and this is the type of game I would have chosen to attend

After talking with The Current Mrs Gers this evening, it's now 100%

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:39 pm 

Gers wrote:
Leighton wrote:
Gers wrote:

I'm 99.9% not going.

After talking with The Current Mrs Gers this evening, it's now 100%

Your choice....my wife is coming with us for this one ...helps it is going to be warm and she is a poikilotherm

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:46 pm 

We're not going because it's a Saturday, cricket for us, was going Thursday simple as that.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:51 pm 

Sting wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
JonnyG wrote:
.... and thats why we're called plastic.

Pissed off, angry and embarrassed by yet another poor performance on Sky and in the play offs. But I'll be driving down from the Midlands to watch with my son on Saturday.

I bet all our haters are absolutely loving this. You criticise the players and club for their actions but don't apply the same standards to your own.

What standards do the club hold? They treat us like utter garbage at every turn. It has been well documented the penny pinching over the years not just since Covid, but well before that. But telling us get behind the boys, but we won't give you any reason to is a fucking joke and needs to be called out. Out of curiosity would you have gone if we were three down and it was on a Thursday? More power to you. I too am from the midlands, so I know what the journey is like but I would rather go to my local and watch it than give that tool any money. Least I can have a few pints and be home in 10 minutes. I don't care what other say about us, but the club is toxic and nobody cares. The club don't most of the fans don't (seems like they are just happy to deal with mediocrity) and the wider population of Milton Keynes don't.

Accuse the club of penny pinching then say you'd rather watch it in the pub than give the club any more money. Yep, makes perfect sense.

No wonder other teams call us plastic!

Hope all those returning their tickets feck right off and don't bother coming back if / when we are are winning games.

You can feck right off I'm also from the Midlands, we can't go now, ad its the cricket season, and I'm doing exactly that on Saturday, would have gone on Thursday, so I got a refund you can jog on pal, I've renewed our season tickets for next season regardless of whether I go or not, freedom of choice my friend.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 1:31 am 

Gers wrote:

Spot on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next