THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ticket returns
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 11:00 am 

I think now it's all calmed down I don't think many will stay away. One of my mates hadn't bought a ticket but is getting one today out of curiosity and its something to do.

So I think the attendance will still be much the same it was planning to be, but I do expect an exodus when it becomes impossible and I don't think that's unreasonable.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 11:03 am 

Russybcool wrote:
JonnyG wrote:
.... and thats why we're called plastic.

Pissed off, angry and embarrassed by yet another poor performance on Sky and in the play offs. But I'll be driving down from the Midlands to watch with my son on Saturday.

I bet all our haters are absolutely loving this. You criticise the players and club for their actions but don't apply the same standards to your own.

What standards do the club hold? They treat us like utter garbage at every turn. It has been well documented the penny pinching over the years not just since Covid, but well before that. But telling us get behind the boys, but we won't give you any reason to is a fucking joke and needs to be called out. Out of curiosity would you have gone if we were three down and it was on a Thursday? More power to you. I too am from the midlands, so I know what the journey is like but I would rather go to my local and watch it than give that tool any money. Least I can have a few pints and be home in 10 minutes. I don't care what other say about us, but the club is toxic and nobody cares. The club don't most of the fans don't (seems like they are just happy to deal with mediocrity) and the wider population of Milton Keynes don't.

Accuse the club of penny pinching then say you'd rather watch it in the pub than give the club any more money. Yep, makes perfect sense.

No wonder other teams call us plastic!

Hope all those returning their tickets feck right off and don't bother coming back if / when we are are winning games.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 11:05 am 

My neighbours are going. He has no interest in football whatsoever, but asked if I want to share a taxi as now that it's on Saturday rather than Thursday he's going to make an evening of it. But I doubt there are many like that.

I'm 99.9% not going.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 11:16 am 

Sting wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
JonnyG wrote:

Pissed off, angry and embarrassed by yet another poor performance on Sky and in the play offs. But I'll be driving down from the Midlands to watch with my son on Saturday.

I bet all our haters are absolutely loving this. You criticise the players and club for their actions but don't apply the same standards to your own.

What standards do the club hold? They treat us like utter garbage at every turn. It has been well documented the penny pinching over the years not just since Covid, but well before that. But telling us get behind the boys, but we won't give you any reason to is a fucking joke and needs to be called out. Out of curiosity would you have gone if we were three down and it was on a Thursday? More power to you. I too am from the midlands, so I know what the journey is like but I would rather go to my local and watch it than give that tool any money. Least I can have a few pints and be home in 10 minutes. I don't care what other say about us, but the club is toxic and nobody cares. The club don't most of the fans don't (seems like they are just happy to deal with mediocrity) and the wider population of Milton Keynes don't.

Accuse the club of penny pinching then say you'd rather watch it in the pub than give the club any more money. Yep, makes perfect sense.

No wonder other teams call us plastic!

Hope all those returning their tickets feck right off and don't bother coming back if / when we are are winning games.

I nailed my flag to the mast before yesterday saying that if we lost 3-0 I would seriously consider not going. I wasn't even going to buy a ticket until today. I have a 130 mile round trip to get to a home game. Its leaving at 5:30 to get back at 11pm at the earliest and for what? They clearly didn't give a fuck last night so why should I? If it was a local trip to my local club then fine call me plastic. As I said if the club got liquidated tomorrow I doubt Winkelman and his other cronies who have director status would give two fucks about any of us. They would keep the hotel as a going concern, maybe even the arena too and the bowl would be the big money spinner. Gers and Dan are right and very much it is a managed decline I just don't understand why people would want to pay £25 for something that they are never going to be grateful for. As EWD said they were selling the home game like the away game was a foregone conclusion and now it isn't can you blame people for staying away. Just wait till August when we play our first home game in our 2nd season in League 2 and it will be in front of less than 6k cause we don't have Mansfield and Wrexham to bump up attendances. The only two games the locals bothered to turn up to.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 11:23 am 

We've descended into a game of 'I'm a better fan than you'. No one wins that game. If you want to go, then go. If you don't then don't. If you want to criticize folk for going, then criticize them. If you want to criticize folk for not going, then guess what?

This real fan nonsense can fuck off to be honest. No one's better than me, and I'm no better than anyone else. Well perhaps Mark E Smith, but he's dead so he doesn't count any longer.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 1:47 pm 

Gers wrote:
Council Kev wrote:
Must be like Christmas and Birthday rolled into one for some. A golden opportunity to hurt our club. FUCK OFF!!!

Ever thought of taking your own advice mate? Stick to knob gags, which you're not very good at, but it's the best you've got.

We're both opinionated.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 2:35 pm 

I'm going with the intention of treating it as a stand alone game of football under the lights in what will be a decent crowd for us

Also the weather looks like being nice

If we don't make Wembley it think we'll go.uo next year anyway without Stockport and Wrexham buying their way up this time

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 2:36 pm 

Gers wrote:
We've descended into a game of 'I'm a better fan than you'. No one wins that game. If you want to go, then go. If you don't then don't. If you want to criticize folk for going, then criticize them. If you want to criticize folk for not going, then guess what?

This real fan nonsense can fuck off to be honest. No one's better than me, and I'm no better than anyone else. Well perhaps Mark E Smith, but he's dead so he doesn't count any longer.

I've upset plenty of people over the years with my views on Mark E Smith so I won't comment :D

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 3:17 pm 

Haven't been to stadium MK since the last play-off semi final defeat when we were trying to/should have got into the Championship !

All downhill sell off rubbish from the club since.

BUT, although i now live 240miles / 5hr+ round trip away near Hereford, I was looking forward to coming home and seeing a good game of footie and a great atmosphere

Not a chance, from our disaster last season & the sheer volume of goals leaked, its just continued this season and to be clear MK dont deserve to go back up to League 1. And if we did how do you think we'd do in L1 ? Bottom 6 and rubbish football and probably back to L2. There is no money to BUILD on our team and we always sell our only good players & trott out the "wont stand in the way" crap statements.

I'm glad Crawley got a 3 goal lead. It easily made my mind up. My 3 tickets were sold back to the club today. I'm not wasting 5hrs+ in the car to see a smug Crawley team.

Sad but when MK can dish up something half decent, Ill be back

Sadly, with all the loanees leaving, Dean likely to be sold, it looks like MK will need to build a brand new team again from nearly scratch, and that's why MK peddled backwards in the water against the tide!

GL to those going, I went to the last 5x semi final defeats, no wish to pay to watch another one

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 3:21 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
JonnyG wrote:

Penny pinching, we have a lot of debt that needs servicing so that we can have a club to moan about.Russ.
Yes I would have gone Thursday night.

I'll be going Saturday because suffering is part of being a fan. The bad times tie us together as much as the good times. I'm not happy with it but that is the way it works. Yesterday was shit. It tasted like shit.... but the good times/moments when they come will be magnified by having been thru them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next