THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ticket returns
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 7:36 am 

Sting wrote:
Hope all those returning their tickets feck right off and don't bother coming back if / when we are are winning games.

They'll do what they like. Deal with it.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 7:39 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Sting wrote:
Hope all those returning their tickets feck right off and don't bother coming back if / when we are are winning games.

They'll do what they like. Deal with it.

This. Couple with the fact that the hangers on who only come out the wood work when there is something to come out for I hope they come to our games on a shit Tuesday night in winter when we play Accrington or Barrow (no offence to either of those, but they are probably the least glamourous ties we will have next season, if there even is a glamour tie next season)

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 7:40 am 

Leighton wrote:
Gers wrote:
My neighbours are going. He has no interest in football whatsoever, but asked if I want to share a taxi as now that it's on Saturday rather than Thursday he's going to make an evening of it. But I doubt there are many like that.

I'm 99.9% not going.

There are definitely more casual fans still coming for Saturday ....until this season I was a 3 or 4 game a season man myself (various reasons including money and children too young) and this is the type of game I would have chosen to attend

And none of them will be back in August.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:57 am 

Supervisor number 5 wrote:
I’m still going as the wife said she wants me out of the house.

She speaks for all of us. 8-)

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 12:54 pm 

Looking at the seat maps online today, its still looking really full. I'm after 4 seats together so the only options are block 2 or stuff like 10upper.

What are the chances Wankleman will open up more blocks on the bottom - especially that corner between East and Cowshed? Would much rather buy seats there than upper tier.

And have they confirmed where the away fans will be? Hopefully upper tier near West Stand - i.e. facing us rather than the empty half.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 1:40 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Looking at the seat maps online today, its still looking really full. I'm after 4 seats together so the only options are block 2 or stuff like 10upper.

What are the chances Wankleman will open up more blocks on the bottom - especially that corner between East and Cowshed? Would much rather buy seats there than upper tier.

And have they confirmed where the away fans will be? Hopefully upper tier near West Stand - i.e. facing us rather than the empty half.

Would put a £10,000 bet on the corners not being opened at all. This is evidenced by blocks 6 and 7 upper being opened. If they need to open any more, it'll be Upper 4 and 5 and so on.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 2:20 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:

Would put a £10,000 bet on the corners not being opened at all. This is evidenced by blocks 6 and 7 upper being opened. If they need to open any more, it'll be Upper 4 and 5 and so on.

Given that Dons Action have invited (on twitter) anyone with any sizeable flags to come early to put them in the corner, then that’s a given.

Hope the old “we’re keeping The Dons, just get over it” gets used along the front of f block 11 instead of netting :D

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 2:26 pm 

Also, it’s worth pointing out that returns look to have been nothing like the amount some expected. Yes, there’s a handful of seats in each block that may have previously sold out, and of course some those that were released may have been snapped up pretty quickly. I’ve kept an eye on it over the last few days I reckon less than a couple of hundred seats have actually been returned. Not too bad under the circumstances and the predictions.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 3:35 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Also, it’s worth pointing out that returns look to have been nothing like the amount some expected. Yes, there’s a handful of seats in each block that may have previously sold out, and of course some those that were released may have been snapped up pretty quickly. I’ve kept an eye on it over the last few days I reckon less than a couple of hundred seats have actually been returned. Not too bad under the circumstances and the predictions.

Yup, doesn't look too bad. Unfortunately, I know of a couple of people not going even though they have a ticket. Just cannot understand that logic at all. Team needs us more than ever and you're choosing to just leave your seat empty.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 3:51 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Camdenite wrote:

Yup, doesn't look too bad. Unfortunately, I know of a couple of people not going even though they have a ticket. Just cannot understand that logic at all. Team needs us more than ever and you're choosing to just leave your seat empty.

Would imagine some, including the regular posters on here since the seating plan was announced and the defeat, just have a very negative view on most, if not all things. Pity really, but that's on them, although they try (and f-ing try) to rope others into their way of thinking. Fuck'em, let's get behind our boys!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next