THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game off
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 3:54 pm 

Brando wrote:
Well done to the SA for sorting out FOC travel tomorrow for those who went on the coaches today!

This

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 4:03 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Yeah, can’t see anyway this is an advantage to Crawley. The only way it would have been an advantage is if we agreed to keep our home leg to Thursday and play that first, which would never have happened.

It’s an inconvenience for both clubs, but more to our fans due to the travel and it now being on a work day.

Advantages to Crawley:

- Greater disruption to the Don’s team preparations
- probability that a large percentage of the 700 Dons supporters will no longer make the match - greater home advantage
- prospect of making the travel for their own fans more convenient due to being a Saturday.

I suspect that their failure to at least try to protect their pitch is more than a casual omission. Their response increases my suspicion.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 4:09 pm 

Pseudonym wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Yeah, can’t see anyway this is an advantage to Crawley. The only way it would have been an advantage is if we agreed to keep our home leg to Thursday and play that first, which would never have happened.

It’s an inconvenience for both clubs, but more to our fans due to the travel and it now being on a work day.

Advantages to Crawley:

- probability that a large percentage of the 700 Dons supporters will no longer make the match - greater home advantage
- prospect of making the travel for their own fans more convenient due to being a Saturday.

I suspect that their failure to at least try to protect their pitch is more than a casual omission. Their response increases my suspicion.

The ultimate conspiracy theory. :D

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 4:17 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Somewhat embarrassing for Crawly. The National League South game at Worthing is still on. Crawley, mickey mouse club.

I'm watching this game now (and it's a bloody good one). I think the main reason it's on is that it's an artificial pitch!

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 4:19 pm 

Scum. wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
dons50 wrote:
PhilF wrote:
Given the importance of these games wouldn't you expect the EFL to monitor things and ensure the processes and correct grounds keeping equipment are in place, even if the equipment is hired or loaned and a consultant grounds person retained to keep an eye on this (both at the EFL's cost) to try & stop this happening if the weather looks even remotely dodgy?

I think its very poor organisation and I suspect has given Crawley an advantage. One of my friends said he wouldn't be surprised if Crawley pulled a fast one and seeing the sprinklers on in one of the pictures, it looks like he was correct!

I don’t see why it gives Crawley an advantage. It’s negative for both clubs.

If does give them a slight advantage. Crawley's players can go home in the evening and treat it as a normal game. Our players are coopted up in a hotel for another day.

Depends on the hotel. Might be a night of luxury for our players while the Crawley lads sleep in bunk beds in their shared one bedroom apartment.

Hopefully one with a f- leaking roof.......

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 4:40 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Advantages to Crawley:

Hardly, D50. That they’ve set up the poor ref to defend them shows they need to defend themselves.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 5:02 pm 

Pseudonym wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Advantages to Crawley:

Hardly, D50. That they’ve set up the poor ref to defend them shows they need to defend themselves.

You honestly believe they deliberately made the pitch unplayable to get the game postponed?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 5:09 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
https://x.com/SkyFootball/status/1787447845924024542

Imagine Woz trying to play a pass back to the keeper on this

How's TF is that going to be any better tomorrow if it keeps raining? Maybe a trip to the coast (not Brighton obvs) get some sand?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 5:11 pm 

Anyone aware of the protocol if the game is called off tomorrow?
Is the game void? Are we awarded a win? If so, what scoreline is awarded?
So many questions…

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 5:12 pm 

voxish wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
https://x.com/SkyFootball/status/1787447845924024542

Imagine Woz trying to play a pass back to the keeper on this

How's TF is that going to be any better tomorrow if it keeps raining? Maybe a trip to the coast (not Brighton obvs) get some sand?

MET office says that rain should stop about 7/8PM tonight and no more is forecast. Actually looks reasonably warm and sunny tomorrow afternoon.

Have to hope that that's accurate because any more rain tomorrow and there's no way that pitch is playable

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next