THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game off
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:25 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Leighton wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
ClubRedRaider wrote:
Anyone aware of the protocol if the game is called off tomorrow?
Is the game void? Are we awarded a win? If so, what scoreline is awarded?
So many questions…

Can't see how that pitch will be playable having seen it today

Have a feeling part of the reason the 2nd leg has been moved to Saturday rather than Friday is that it keeps Wednesday available in case the worst happens tomorrow.

Would make an already ridiculous situation even worse for the fans, though.

I think that would be incredibly harsh on the fans. If there is any risk of it not going ahead tomorrow, then it should have just been moved to Wednesday.

You've already cost some fans an entire day and a fair amount of money. To put fans at considerable risk of that again tomorrow, would be very unfair.

Sky also wouldn't want to have to reshuffle their schedule two days in a row because of Crawley Town.

It'll be on tomorrow, unless a total moron was in charge of rescheduling it and didn't actually speak to the groundsmen first.

Part B of Crawley's plan, the pitch ia now a quagmire and we can't play our normal football game.

Pretty sure their style of play won't be suited to playing on a swamp either. They like to pass the ball as much as us.

Correct. The dominant possession at our place 58% compared to our 42%, which was a MW team, albeit not as strong as it is now following the January window.

Both teams play a very similar style and I think both teams will win at home, its just whoever does it by the most.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:32 pm 

Has anyone mentioned how utterly tinpot Crawley are?

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:57 pm 

Scum. wrote:

You fucking what?

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 9:34 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Scum. wrote:

You fucking what?

Come on then, let’s take it outside this thread you twit.

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 5:38 am 

dons50 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Yeah, can’t see anyway this is an advantage to Crawley. The only way it would have been an advantage is if we agreed to keep our home leg to Thursday and play that first, which would never have happened.

It’s an inconvenience for both clubs, but more to our fans due to the travel and it now being on a work day.

Advantages to Crawley:

- Greater disruption to the Don’s team preparations
- probability that a large percentage of the 700 Dons supporters will no longer make the match - greater home advantage
- prospect of making the travel for their own fans more convenient due to being a Saturday.

I suspect that their failure to at least try to protect their pitch is more than a casual omission. Their response increases my suspicion.

The ultimate conspiracy theory. :D

Hardly, D50. That they’ve set up the poor ref to defend them shows they need to defend themselves.

You honestly believe they deliberately made the pitch unplayable to get the game postponed?

Mansfield did. But Crawley did not. It was shitting it down all day Sunday. When I looked at Sunday's weather you couldn't see Crawley for a big blue blob with a bit of green in the middle. It's legit. But it sure is a pisser for people who travelled

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:18 am 

dons50 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Yeah, can’t see anyway this is an advantage to Crawley. The only way it would have been an advantage is if we agreed to keep our home leg to Thursday and play that first, which would never have happened.

It’s an inconvenience for both clubs, but more to our fans due to the travel and it now being on a work day.

Advantages to Crawley:

- probability that a large percentage of the 700 Dons supporters will no longer make the match - greater home advantage
- prospect of making the travel for their own fans more convenient due to being a Saturday.

I suspect that their failure to at least try to protect their pitch is more than a casual omission. Their response increases my suspicion.

Hardly, D50. That they’ve set up the poor ref to defend them shows they need to defend themselves.

You honestly believe they deliberately made the pitch unplayable to get the game postponed?

Don’t take it too far. Suspicion and belief are very different levels of conviction.

Why would a club, with high quality covers, NOT cover the pitch the night before when heavy, persistent rain with thunder cells is forecast? Add the importance of this match to the equation. Add the potential disruption to your opponent. Add that you go out of your way to put out PR claiming you did not expect all this rain, shifting responsibility to the ref - deflection. Add that you’ve made no apologies or concessions to lessen the disruption. Add that other club(s) have taken extreme measures to gain advantage.

I think it’s mind-numbingly naive NOT to be suspicious.

At the very least it is negligent.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:19 am 

Pseudonym wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Advantages to Crawley:

Don’t take it too far. Suspicion and belief are very different levels of conviction.

Why would a club, with high quality covers, NOT cover the pitch the night before when heavy, persistent rain with thunder cells is forecast? Add the importance of this match to the equation. Add the potential disruption to your opponent. Add that you go out of your way to put out PR claiming you did not expect all this rain, shifting responsibility to the ref - deflection. Add that you’ve made no apologies or concessions to lessen the disruption. Add that other club(s) have taken extreme measures to gain advantage.

Plus the photo in the mainstream media showing the sprinklers on!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:20 am 

Pseudonym wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Advantages to Crawley:

And they turned the reply on their Twitter feed off. Bastards.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:29 am 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Advantages to Crawley:

I haven’t seen those, but I imagine it would not be too hard to doctor images or generate them… :?:

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:33 am 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Advantages to Crawley:

It was a photo from April, so that rules out that conspiracy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next