THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game off
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 2:05 pm 

Well done to the SA for sorting out FOC travel tomorrow for those who went on the coaches today!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 2:06 pm 

dons50 wrote:
PhilF wrote:
Given the importance of these games wouldn't you expect the EFL to monitor things and ensure the processes and correct grounds keeping equipment are in place, even if the equipment is hired or loaned and a consultant grounds person retained to keep an eye on this (both at the EFL's cost) to try & stop this happening if the weather looks even remotely dodgy?

I think its very poor organisation and I suspect has given Crawley an advantage. One of my friends said he wouldn't be surprised if Crawley pulled a fast one and seeing the sprinklers on in one of the pictures, it looks like he was correct!

I don’t see why it gives Crawley an advantage. It’s negative for both clubs.

If does give them a slight advantage. Crawley's players can go home in the evening and treat it as a normal game. Our players are coopted up in a hotel for another day.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 2:08 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
dons50 wrote:
PhilF wrote:
Given the importance of these games wouldn't you expect the EFL to monitor things and ensure the processes and correct grounds keeping equipment are in place, even if the equipment is hired or loaned and a consultant grounds person retained to keep an eye on this (both at the EFL's cost) to try & stop this happening if the weather looks even remotely dodgy?

I think its very poor organisation and I suspect has given Crawley an advantage. One of my friends said he wouldn't be surprised if Crawley pulled a fast one and seeing the sprinklers on in one of the pictures, it looks like he was correct!

If does give them a slight advantage. Crawley's players can go home in the evening and treat it as a normal game. Our players are coopted up in a hotel for another day.

Crawley isn’t that far and the game is tomorrow evening. I suspect they will go home too.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 2:11 pm 

dons50 wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
dons50 wrote:
PhilF wrote:

Crawley isn’t that far and the game is tomorrow evening. I suspect they will go home too.

Maybe, as it's an evening game. However, that is an inconvenience the Crawley players don't have.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 2:22 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
dons50 wrote:
PhilF wrote:

Depends on the hotel. Might be a night of luxury for our players while the Crawley lads sleep in bunk beds in their shared one bedroom apartment.

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 2:29 pm 

Scum. wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
dons50 wrote:
PhilF wrote:

Depends on the hotel. Might be a night of luxury for our players while the Crawley lads sleep in bunk beds in their shared one bedroom apartment.

A luxury hotel in Crawley.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 2:37 pm 

Not even a trip to redtube is going to cheer up me meat.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 3:02 pm 

Would have been 2-0 down by now

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 3:24 pm 

Yeah, can’t see anyway this is an advantage to Crawley. The only way it would have been an advantage is if we agreed to keep our home leg to Thursday and play that first, which would never have happened.

It’s an inconvenience for both clubs, but more to our fans due to the travel and it now being on a work day.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 3:25 pm 

There are problems at the other game this afternoon as well....

https://x.com/crewealexfc/status/1787480243873140745

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next