THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 10:32 am 

Is this getting out of hand, at least a dozen at the front of the Cowshed holding up cardboard signs, and more in the East & West stands……I don’t like it, or am I just a miserable old fecker.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 11:18 am 

It went too far when that woman held up a cardboard sign asking for Lewie's jockstrap. :o

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 12:06 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Is this getting out of hand, at least a dozen at the front of the Cowshed holding up cardboard signs, and more in the East & West stands……I don’t like it, or am I just a miserable old fecker.

The signs should be banned

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 12:13 pm 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... for-shirts

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 1:51 pm 

This needs to be banned and I'm shocked clubs haven't acted.

Either kids used as bait for their reprobate parents to sell online or parents raising their kids to beg for stuff. Grim either way.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 4:26 pm 

The rot started when that little chubby kid held up that bedsheet in 2010 with "GIVE ROBBO THE JOB" written on it in big letters.

Does anyone know what happened to him?

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 4:40 pm 

He now manages Salford City.

Salford City Football Club is a professional association football club in Salford, Greater Manchester, England. The club competes in League Two, the fourth level of the English football league system.
The club was founded as Salford Central in 1940, and played minor local league football until winning a place in the Manchester League in 1963. Salford were winners of the Lancashire Amateur Cup in 1971, 1973, and 1975 and the Manchester Premier Cup in 1978 and 1979. The club joined the Cheshire County League in 1980, which amalgamated into the North West Counties Football League (NWCFL) two years later. They changed their name again in 1989, to Salford City, and secured promotion into the Northern Premier League (NPL) in 2008. The club survived in the league on the final day of the following season, an achievement known in club folklore as The Great Escape.

In 2014, Salford were taken over by former Manchester United players Nicky Butt, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, and Paul Scholes, who each own 10% of the club, with Singaporean businessman Peter Lim owning the rest; David Beckham purchased a 10% share from Lim in 2019. Under the management duo of Anthony Johnson and Bernard Morley, they were crowned NPL Division One North champions in 2015, won the NPL Premier Division play-offs in 2016, and the National League North title in 2018. This success was followed in 2019 with promotion to the English Football League (EFL) after winning the 2019 National League play-off final, under the stewardship of Graham Alexander. Salford won the EFL Trophy in their début campaign.

Salford play their home games at Moor Lane, which underwent a major transformation between 2016 and 2017, and is currently known as the "Peninsula Stadium" for sponsorship purposes. The club have primarily worn tangerine shirts and black shorts throughout their recorded history, before switching to red shirts and white shorts following the takeover. The club's nickname, The Ammies, stems from their name from the early 1960s to the early 1970s, Salford Amateurs. The club's anthem is The Pogues cover of "Dirty Old Town", a song written by Salford local Ewan MacColl.

The club was founded in 1940 as Salford Central, named after a Salford church where the club was founded. The club competed in local leagues until 1963, when they were promoted to the Manchester Football League and changed the club name to Salford Amateurs. Now nicknamed "The Ammies", Salford won the Lancashire County Football Association Amateur Cup for the first time in 1971, beating Aintree Villa 4–0 at Old Trafford, with all four goals arriving in extra time. They won a second LFA Amateur Cup in 1973, defeating Langton 3–1 at Old Trafford.. and won a third in 1975 by beating Waterloo Dock 2–1 at Maine Road. Salford came close to a fourth cup success in 1977, reaching the semi-finals before losing to Blackpool.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 4:45 pm 

Twat :lol:

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 4:54 pm 

WELLDON
CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT
PLEASE

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 9:18 pm 

WellDon wrote:

Yes I saw that too and I was walking out after the game behind a guy and his kids holding a large bit of card with 'Max Dean...' on it. He hadn't got his shirt. At least he didn't dump the card in the carpark - although why he didn't put in in a concourse bin I don't know.
Does it do any harm? No not really IMHO....Players can ignore it.
Rather bad publicity if we banned it.
Of all the things wrong at the club at the moment it's not top of my 'sort it out' list.
But WTF.....
Why am I answering?
Why am I here?