It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Guests
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:17 am 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Mk Ron wrote:
MW now 2-1 joint fav for the Barnsley job?

Fuck me really. If he takes it then he is a bigger mercenary than I thought. Man has done fuck all for us (yes we have played better and he will go higher eventually, but he is no way a finished article) why the hell are Barnsley that bothered? Also, that batshit club sack their manager last after only 2 wins in 11 and yet still made the play offs. I don't get what they are trying to achieve. Let him go if he really wants it. He will only be sacked a couple of months into the new season. I mean this is a club that have gone through a manager a season for the last 10 seasons.

Hold on, so if you were in his shoes and we don't go up, you'd turn down a job at Barnsley?

Bigger club, bigger salary, bigger opportunities (if it works out).

I know we want loyalty, but lets be realistic for a second.

Personally if I was Sweeting I would say not now. Wait till the end of the play offs. It reads they want someone by the end of the week their caretaker manager doesn't even know if he will be in charge for the play offs. We have zero reason to fuck ourselves over even more than we have done this play off campaign we don't need our manager going cause he will get a bigger pay day. If he goes he goes. Yes, he has improved us, but that wasn't difficult, the bar was so low and yes he will go, but he is contracted to us and they can piss off for a few weeks. If we weren't in the play offs I would have not cared as much, but it is time we put the club first. Plus as I say 10 managers in 10 years speaks volumes about how Barnsley operate.

Oh yeah, no chance he goes before the play offs. Although, who the fuck knows anymore with some of the decisions this club makes.

MW seems a man of integrity though, I can't imagine he'd let the players down like that. If he goes, it's in the summer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:25 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Mk Ron wrote:

Fuck me really. If he takes it then he is a bigger mercenary than I thought. Man has done fuck all for us (yes we have played better and he will go higher eventually, but he is no way a finished article) why the hell are Barnsley that bothered? Also, that batshit club sack their manager last after only 2 wins in 11 and yet still made the play offs. I don't get what they are trying to achieve. Let him go if he really wants it. He will only be sacked a couple of months into the new season. I mean this is a club that have gone through a manager a season for the last 10 seasons.

Hold on, so if you were in his shoes and we don't go up, you'd turn down a job at Barnsley?

Personally if I was Sweeting I would say not now. Wait till the end of the play offs. It reads they want someone by the end of the week their caretaker manager doesn't even know if he will be in charge for the play offs. We have zero reason to fuck ourselves over even more than we have done this play off campaign we don't need our manager going cause he will get a bigger pay day. If he goes he goes. Yes, he has improved us, but that wasn't difficult, the bar was so low and yes he will go, but he is contracted to us and they can piss off for a few weeks. If we weren't in the play offs I would have not cared as much, but it is time we put the club first. Plus as I say 10 managers in 10 years speaks volumes about how Barnsley operate.

Oh yeah, no chance he goes before the play offs. Although, who the fuck knows anymore with some of the decisions this club makes.

MW seems a man of integrity though, I can't imagine he'd let the players down like that. If he goes, it's in the summer.

If there was a chunky signing on fee and a massive pay rise even the sternest head would turn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:47 am 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Mk Ron wrote:

Personally if I was Sweeting I would say not now. Wait till the end of the play offs. It reads they want someone by the end of the week their caretaker manager doesn't even know if he will be in charge for the play offs. We have zero reason to fuck ourselves over even more than we have done this play off campaign we don't need our manager going cause he will get a bigger pay day. If he goes in the summer he goes. Yes, he has improved us, but that wasn't difficult, the bar was so low and yes he will go, but he is contracted to us and they can piss off for a few weeks. If we weren't in the play offs I would have not cared as much, but it is time we put the club first. Plus as I say 10 managers in 10 years speaks volumes about how Barnsley operate.

How many managers have we sacked since Robbo?

People in glass houses….

I make it we’ve sacked seven in the last 7 1/2 years.

Robbo, Neilson, Micciche, Tisdale, Manning, Jackson, Alexander. I think the others have either been caretakers or Martin left of his own accord.

Last edited by dons50 on Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:53 am 

dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Mk Ron wrote:

Personally if I was Sweeting I would say not now. Wait till the end of the play offs. It reads they want someone by the end of the week their caretaker manager doesn't even know if he will be in charge for the play offs. We have zero reason to fuck ourselves over even more than we have done this play off campaign we don't need our manager going cause he will get a bigger pay day. If he goes in the summer he goes. Yes, he has improved us, but that wasn't difficult, the bar was so low and yes he will go, but he is contracted to us and they can piss off for a few weeks. If we weren't in the play offs I would have not cared as much, but it is time we put the club first. Plus as I say 10 managers in 10 years speaks volumes about how Barnsley operate.

Neilson, Micciche, Tisdale, Manning. 4 from memory

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:55 am 

Williamson speaks like a robot and has the charisma of a mid-level manager in a consumer goods company.

"Tenacity, hunger, percentages, fortitude, apply ourselves"

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:03 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Mk Ron wrote:

Neilson, Micciche, Tisdale, Manning. 4 from memory

Jackson and Alexander.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:07 pm 

Of course, I must have blocked 2023 out of my memory!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:08 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
Of course, I must have blocked 2023 out of my memory!

:D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:14 pm 

Who would voluntarily want to live in/around Barnsley? :?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:37 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Mk Ron wrote:

People in glass houses….

I make it we’ve sacked seven in the last 7 1/2 years.

Robbo, Neilson, Micciche, Tisdale, Manning, Jackson, Alexander. I think the others have either been caretakers or Martin left of his own accord.

And how many of those managers were because we were in the bottom half looking down? The case for nearly all of them is justified. Some of these Barnsley managers, including the latest one were sacked due to the fact they shit themselves that they were not winning league 1/making the play offs. I know some of them were Championship managers, but I really do wonder what football club owners think when they sack managers two weeks before the play offs.