THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: defence
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:26 pm 

20 goals conceded in the last 8 games.
10 goals conceded in the previous 8 games.
10 goals conceded in the 8 games before that.
Something has gone seriously wrong at the back recently, I can't quite put my finger on it.
Tucker has only been back for the last few games but we have conceded 14 goals in the 5 games since his return.
I'm not saying it's all due to him but maybe his return has unsettled a back line who had become used to each others game?

Last edited by Oakeedokee on Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: defence
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:30 pm 

It's not just a recent problem, it's been all season. We've conceded more goals this season than we did last season when we were relegated from League One. It's hard to see it improving until we have a transfer window to bring in some new defenders.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:33 pm 

But what I'm saying is our rate of conceding goals has not just increased slightly, but DOUBLED in recent matches. I don't understand why MW hasn't seen the link yet.
I was never the greatest fan of the Harvie / O'Hora / Norman combination, but my god it was so much better than what we have now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:41 pm 

Oakeedokee wrote:
But what I'm saying is our rate of conceding goals has not just increased slightly, but DOUBLED in recent matches. I don't understand why MW hasn't seen the link yet.
I was never a fan of the O'Hora / Harvie / Norman combination, but my god it was so much better than what we have now.

I take your point but I honestly think we could play any combination of defenders and we'd still leak goals. None of them particularly fill me with confidence. I doubt he'll change it for the playoffs because Jack Tucker at his best is certainly one of our 3 best defenders. The problem is he's been nowhere near that level since his return from injury.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:43 pm 

Low or high, it doesn’t matter, our defending for crosses is really poor. A real weakness of ours.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:16 pm 

Clearly not our only weakness but Tucker has a mistake in him and if he can't concentrate for 90+ minutes Norman ought to be considered. Robson's form has been poor too.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:18 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Clearly not our only weakness but Tucker has a mistake in him and if he can't concentrate for 90+ minutes Norman ought to be considered. Robson's form has been poor too.

Tucker has been really poor. Not just 'a' mistake either, multiple.

Felt for Robson today. The pass he was trying to make was the right one but he didn't get it quite right and they were fortunate with how the block fell, as were we for Tezgel's goal.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 pm 

BBL. :ugeek:
Bring back Lewie.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:22 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

Tucker has been really poor. Not just 'a' mistake either, multiple.

Felt for Robson today. The pass he was trying to make was the right one but he didn't get it quite right and they were fortunate with how the block fell, as were we for Tezgel's goal.

Personally I would write Tucket off, Willimson has got to take him under his wing and give him special attention.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:24 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
BBL. :ugeek:
Bring back Lewie.

Honestly would not be against it. Experience is massive in these games. There's no chance he'll start though