THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crawley
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:36 pm 

dons50 wrote:
midfielder wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Mk Ron wrote:
Look everyone to there own I don't like singing the Dons r going up I personally will only chant that if we are 4.0 up and there's a minute left....

A view similar to my own. Except with me it's 30 seconds.

Yes, I still remember being 3-0 up at half time at Shrewsbury under Ince (Mark 1) and we drew. We had a cracking defence then.

I remember similar at Brentford.

And look at them now !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:40 pm 

AlexDon123 wrote:
on topic of the away allocation i feel like the No Reserved Season Tickets has overshadowed the fact that they’ve made the categories in such a way that if you’ve been to every away game this season, you’ll be getting a ticket behind the people who spent £20 extra so they could get a wrexham ticket at the start of the season, club is full of jokers sometime, let’s hope not many people bought that package otherwise i’ll be pissed if i miss this after attending nearly all the away games

Those people that did that soon realised the error of their ways and that they were committed to 18 further away games. They soon cancelled! It was a ridiculously vague piece of advertising by the club, which most forgot about. However, it seems those that did cancel their away ST’s still got priority for AFCW away! Again, our systems…

You’d hope that doesn’t happen again, but I wouldn’t count on it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:53 pm 

Probably need to just delete the thread lads…

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:23 am 

Went behind enemy lines and have been stalking Crawley’s forum and their fan in the last few minutes has said that they rang their box office and the crawley box office hasnt even discussed a plan of action for ticket sales for the first leg, this is going to be one mad stupid scramble isn’t it

Attachments:
IMG_5357.jpeg
IMG_5357.jpeg [ 140.44 KiB | Viewed 162 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:27 am 

Give them a bit of time, they need to decide which stands to shut for no reason. :D

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:26 am 

We will honestly walk all over Crawley.

Look at the teams that have started in both games against Crawley...

We beat them 2-0 playing the below side.

MacGillivray, Lewington (C), O’Hora, Williams, Leko (Norman 77), Gilbey, Payne, Tomlinson, Grant (Harrison 53), Dean (Eisa 77), Devoy (Robson 53).

MacGillivray, Williams, Leko, Grant, Devoy. That's five players that we've improved upon in that position.

Honestly, book Wembley now it's not even fair how easy this will be.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:30 am 

CleanDon wrote:

MacGillivray, Lewington (C), O’Hora, Williams, Leko (Norman 77), Gilbey, Payne, Tomlinson, Grant (Harrison 53), Dean (Eisa 77), Devoy (Robson 53).

MacGillivray, Williams, Leko, Grant, Devoy. That's five players that we've improved upon in that position.

I don't agree with the first one, but I guess the others are accurate.

I don't think it matters. We beat Wycombe both games and lost where it mattered

Last edited by Russybcool on Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am 

CleanDon wrote:

Good job the manager and players aren't thinking like that and have a good time at Wembley watching Crewe v Crawley (maybe).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:34 am 

CleanDon wrote:

This is exactly the sort of thinking that just isn't needed. Play offs are a lottery. Carlisle last year were in terrible form judging by other League 2 posters on TFF and they went up.

We've been the favourites to go up in the majority of our play off campaigns (3/5 by my counting) and we've never made it to the final. This will 100% not be a walk in the park, quite the opposite.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:45 am 

CleanDon wrote:

Have you seen this team in big games this season, with an “up for it” crowd behind them, especially away from home?

They all have it in them to absolutely crumble. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We only won 2 more games than Crawley this season, yet we won 3 more than Wycombe 2 years ago and we all know how that played out.

No play off game is easy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next