THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crawley
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:52 am 

CleanDon wrote:
We will honestly walk all over Crawley.

Look at the teams that have started in both games against Crawley...

We beat them 2-0 playing the below side.

MacGillivray, Lewington (C), O’Hora, Williams, Leko (Norman 77), Gilbey, Payne, Tomlinson, Grant (Harrison 53), Dean (Eisa 77), Devoy (Robson 53).

MacGillivray, Williams, Leko, Grant, Devoy. That's five players that we've improved upon in that position.

Honestly, book Wembley now it's not even fair how easy this will be.

Fuck me, I despair

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:05 am 

Another thing I'd say about Crawley, is they are relatively unique in that they play similar football to ourselves. I think there are 4 teams in this league that play possession heavy football -

Us, Crawley, Notts and Stockport. That's 6 games against possession heavy teams. Our record in those 6 games is won 1, drawn 2 and lost 3. It is hardly a style we thrive against.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:07 am 

Home tickets are on sale this afternoon £17 seated £15 standing. I assume that will be the same for us.

Anyone who thinks we are getting the full 1600 can temper their expectations. They are opening part of the North stand to home fans once the South stand is full so I think we will be given the bare minimum. Can't say I blame them. Don't want to be giving an advantage to us really. Now to do the same for the away game. I know it sounds petty, but fuck them.

https://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/2024/april/mk-dons-ticket-information/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:12 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Home tickets are on sale this afternoon £17 seated £15 standing. I assume that will be the same for us.

Anyone who thinks we are getting the full 1600 can temper their expectations. They are opening part of the North stand to home fans once the South stand is full so I think we will be given the bare minimum. Can't say I blame them. Don't want to be giving an advantage to us really. Now to do the same for the away game. I know it sounds petty, but fuck them.

Surely no one is expecting 1,600? Crawley are absolutely right in giving us the bare minimum, so they can get more of their own fans in. Why the hell wouldn't they? Our allocation should be around 613, although no sure how segregation affects the 10%.

Most clubs in professional football want as much home support as possible, wish I could say the same for us. One of the reasons I'm pleased its Crawley and not Bradford is because PW would have given out 7,000 away tickets, without splitting them up

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:17 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

Surely no one is expecting 1,600? Crawley are absolutely right in giving us the bare minimum, so they can get more of their own fans in. Why the hell wouldn't they? Our allocation should be around 613, although no sure how segregation affects the 10%.

Most clubs in professional football want as much home support as possible, wish I could say the same for us. One of the reasons I'm pleased its Crawley and not Bradford is because PW would have given out 7,000 away tickets, without splitting them up

Like he did for Wycombe the last time out in the play offs, yeah?

The main reason I'm not annoyed at being given the minimum allocation is because we do that ourselves. It's true that 613 is vastly different to 2000, but we could have very easily given Wycombe 500-1000 more and it not made much difference, but we didn't.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:20 am 

Bastards! What is the smallest allocation we have to give them?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:20 am 

DippyDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

Like he did for Wycombe the last time out in the play offs, yeah?

The main reason I'm not annoyed at being given the minimum allocation is because we do that ourselves. It's true that 613 is vastly different to 2000, but we could have very easily given Wycombe 500-1000 more and it not made much difference, but we didn't.

I just don't think he does the Wycombe thing again. He should, but he won't.

To be fair, bit different for Crawley as they know they can fill their allocation, so why on earth would they voluntarily allow more fans of ours in and less of there's.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:21 am 

sk8mk wrote:
Bastards! What is the smallest allocation we have to give them?

2k.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:22 pm 

If you check their forum, they think we`ll happily give them 5,500 tickets, because we have enough room :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:24 pm 

I like Crawley with all their AFC bashing, but they will struggle to sell the 2k let's be real.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next