THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crawley
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 5:57 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
ChaChaDon wrote:
Make sure you make your way to the correct stadium, Dons Insta is showing Crewe’s ground.

Another miserable fuck-up by our embarrassing communications department. Over 100 comments on the Facebook post as well, all from bots pretending to sell tickets. The club obviously won’t remove them though and one of our many intellectually challenged fans will probably get scammed.

I know I had to warn one at 9am this morning to be careful. You can't remove them unless people report them to Facebook then I don't think they can stop them as soon as one is gone 10 more will spring up. That in itself is a Facebook problem as they would rather ban people who have opposing views to the norm than try and stop the many many bots that are scamming or selling betting tips.

Admins of pages can remove or hide comments - not random users. It’s one click and takes 2 seconds per comment. I imagine they’re too busy concocting their next disaster though.

This is unfair. FB, Twitter and Instagram are absolutely riddled with bots. The club can't be expected to keep deleting these comments, plus they'll just get reposted.

The resolution very much lies with the social media companies.

Tried reporting a few weeks ago from a similar thread. FB just came back and said it "didnt breach the community guidelines" or something. Pointless.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 6:13 pm 

I cannot see why it is necessary for the club ( or anyone ) to be on these crappy sites. They can communicate quite adequately from their club site. Problem solved.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 6:34 pm 

donmentor wrote:
I cannot see why it is necessary for the club ( or anyone ) to be on these crappy sites. They can communicate quite adequately from their club site. Problem solved.

It's only been five days since you failed to check that very club website for the news about the stand closures.

donmentor wrote:
Where is this information coming from ? I've not seen any mention anywhere.

Even by your standards, this is spectacularly idiotic.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 6:46 pm 

TheSpecialDon wrote:
ChaChaDon wrote:
Make sure you make your way to the correct stadium, Dons Insta is showing Crewe’s ground.

Another miserable fuck-up by our embarrassing communications department. Over 100 comments on the Facebook post as well, all from bots pretending to sell tickets. The club obviously won’t remove them though and one of our many intellectually challenged fans will probably get scammed.

The Club socials has been embarrassing since Joe Thompson has taken over but blaming him for Bots is a bit unfair.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 6:48 pm 

donmentor wrote:

You sound like someone who never had a mobile phone until 2008

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 6:51 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
donmentor wrote:

It's only been five days since you failed to check that very club website for the news about the stand closures.

donmentor wrote:

You are so wrong yet again. I did checked the site, as I do every day, but because it was not in either the forth coming matches or the ticket section so I did not find it. I suggest you sort yourself out before picking on other people. So pull your neck in pal.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 6:53 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
donmentor wrote:

You sound like someone who never had a mobile phone until 2008

Your are so right. I had a ruddy mobile phone dumped on me by my daughter last year. Bloody pain in the bum it is.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:15 pm 

donmentor wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
donmentor wrote:

donmentor wrote:

You are so wrong yet again. I did checked the site, as I do every day, but because it was not in either the forth coming matches or the ticket section so I did not find it. I suggest you sort yourself out before picking on other people. So pull your neck in pal.

It was the main story on the homepage, front and centre. You would have had to go past it to get to either of those pages. Or you have those two pages bookmarked and never read any others, in which case you deserve to be so ill-informed.

Excuse me while i continue to extend my neck out as far as it will go. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:28 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
donmentor wrote:

donmentor wrote:

It was the main story on the homepage, front and centre. You would have had to go past it to get to either of those pages. Or you have those two pages bookmarked and never read any others, in which case you deserve to be so ill-informed.

Excuse me while i continue to extend my neck out as far as it will go. :D

Good. With a bit of luck it'll get chopped.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:34 pm 

donmentor wrote:
Good. With a bit of luck it'll get chopped.

Well I suppose you were around back when we used to behead people.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next