THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 10:27 pm 

WhiteRussian wrote:
I'm sorry to be a party pooper for this but I hate this mind games sh1t. This is probably one of Crawleys biggest games ever and we own a 30000 seater stadium. If a Crawley fan can't get a seat for this match it's bloody obscene. Open all the bottom tirers and let everyone who want's a ticket have one.

Just my view.

I agree with the principle but that ship has sailed. Can you imagine the club shutting home sections then letting the away team have as many tickets as they want?

Actually, I can. :lol:

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:33 am 

WhiteRussian wrote:
I'm sorry to be a party pooper for this but I hate this mind games sh1t. This is probably one of Crawleys biggest games ever and we own a 30000 seater stadium. If a Crawley fan can't get a seat for this match it's bloody obscene. Open all the bottom tirers and let everyone who want's a ticket have one.

Just my view.

Fuck that. Our large stadium shouldn’t be to our opponents benefit.

Why would we voluntarily put ourselves at a disadvantage? We’re shit in front of a large crowd. Despite our home form, we failed to beat Wrexham, Notts County, Stockport and Mansfield who all brought the largest numbers to us.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:35 am 

We should let Crawley fans sit in the home end if needs be. That way it looks like we have more fans than we do and will be reflected in the home fans only attendance numbers.

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:39 am 

WhiteRussian wrote:

Just my view.

We could have demanded 1600 that their away terrace holds if we were being that anal about it. We got 700 so they get the minimum we could give them. They wouldn't fill it and neither would we. I am sorry but its true. This whole exercise is to save money. Not spend it. You open all the away stand you still have to have x amount of stewards/all the lights turned on/more kiosks open/more policing regardless of how many turn up. The fact they are getting 2k is plenty and the fact they will be in the gods in a moot point as some of our fans will be as well in the cowshed. It's not mind games it is the minimum legal figures both of us have to give. Just cause we have the space doesn't mean it has to be used. I wish we would learn this for more league games tbh.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:40 am 

Also, no disrespect to Crawley, but 2k is plenty. We’re only getting 700 at their place. They’re getting 186% more than our allocation.

Now I know thats due to stadium sizes, but surely it has to count for something?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:43 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
And we’d sell more being cheaper making more revenue for all 4 clubs……

This doesn't necessarily quite work out though does it.

Let's do a bit of maths on this because I don't know all the kids pricing etc. But say we get 6,000 full paying adults at the current price £24 = £144,000. To reach that figure at £15 we'd need 9,600 full paying adults. Would we actually see a 50% uptake in adult tickets for a reduced ticket price?

This is often the problem. I love the idea of reducing pricing for certain games to bring in numbers. And if the target is to get as many bums in seats as possible then sure fire away, but equally you need quite the marketing push to ensure potential infrequent fans actually know it is cheaper than normal. People then may enjoy the experience and come more often, buy food and drink on the day, buy a shirt, whatever else.

So yes it could generate more revenue but only if we sell significantly more ticket than we would otherwise. And considering we had a thread the other day about not drawing a bigger fanbase, would a potential £9 saving on a ticket really be something that will be the determining factor in attracting more fans?

So for the 295 thousand people who don't go to games in the MK area if I was thinking about going paying a little bit less (even £20 that Crewe and Donny are charging each other) might be the incentive that pushes people to come. I mean silly old me was thinking this shit was all done for atmosphere, not bottom line. Ohhh I am a naive soul aren't I. Also, don't forget these tickets on the day are going to be £26. Utter bullshit pricing for the casual and I can't imagine for one second there will be many who pay on the day.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 8:02 am 

Russybcool wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
CleanDon wrote:

Let's do a bit of maths on this because I don't know all the kids pricing etc. But say we get 6,000 full paying adults at the current price £24 = £144,000. To reach that figure at £15 we'd need 9,600 full paying adults. Would we actually see a 50% uptake in adult tickets for a reduced ticket price?

This is often the problem. I love the idea of reducing pricing for certain games to bring in numbers. And if the target is to get as many bums in seats as possible then sure fire away, but equally you need quite the marketing push to ensure potential infrequent fans actually know it is cheaper than normal. People then may enjoy the experience and come more often, buy food and drink on the day, buy a shirt, whatever else.

So yes it could generate more revenue but only if we sell significantly more ticket than we would otherwise. And considering we had a thread the other day about not drawing a bigger fanbase, would a potential £9 saving on a ticket really be something that will be the determining factor in attracting more fans?

So for the 295 thousand people who don't go to games in the MK area if I was thinking about going paying a little bit less (even £20 that Crewe and Donny are charging each other) might be the incentive that pushes people to come. I mean silly old me was thinking this shit was all done for atmosphere, not bottom line. Ohhh I am a naive soul aren't I. Also, don't forget these tickets on the day are going to be £26. Utter bullshit pricing for the casual and I can't imagine for one second there will be many who pay on the day.

Like us and Crawley, Doncaster are charging their standard pricing. Its only Crewe who’ve dropped theirs to £20.

I can’t see that its about the bottom line. If it was, why would the club close the most expensive stand? Aren’t CR tickets usually around £35? If anything, it makes the club financially worse off.

In my opinion, this has been done for one or multiple of the below reasons (in no particular order):

-Pete genuinely wants to try something new and thinks this will create a better atmosphere
-It’s been done so it looks better on TV
-It’s been done so it looks better on TV in the hope of driving interest in external investment.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 8:22 am 

I like Crawley but fuck them a little bit - they have us a minimal amount, grantee for the benefit of theor home support. So we've gave them the minimal amount, to the benefit of ours..

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 8:24 am 

Russybcool wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
CleanDon wrote:

I've had a few beers but I genuinely have no idea what your point is? Are you calling me out for saying nobody cares? Or doubling down on Winky saying it is about to cash? To quote Twitter - 'genuine question'. I've had a few lovely beers. My friend just opened up a brewpub last week, its cool as fuck.

295k don't give a shit about us. They never have. £9 will do nothing to tempt them. I actually believe Winky thinks this idea is for the game is about atmosphere rather than money. I really do. I think this is a bad idea though. He also told me Alexander will never stray from his 4-2-3-1 formation at Wealdstone, we also know how we set up vs Wrexham.....

We have no idea why or if it will achieve much. If he didn';t do it many would moan for not closing the corner. Now he has done it we are moaning he's kicking us out the seat. We want cheaper tickets to draw people in but realistically cheaper tickets wont boost sales and make us less revenuve. Dammned if we do, damned if we dont.

Lets move back to Selhurst Park

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 8:24 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
CleanDon wrote:

Like us and Crawley, Doncaster are charging their standard pricing. Its only Crewe who’ve dropped theirs to £20.

I can’t see that its about the bottom line. If it was, why would the club close the most expensive stand? Aren’t CR tickets usually around £35? If anything, it makes the club financially worse off.

In my opinion, this has been done for one or multiple of the below reasons (in no particular order):

-Pete genuinely wants to try something new and thinks this will create a better atmosphere
-It’s been done so it looks better on TV
-It’s been done so it looks better on TV in the hope of driving interest in external investment.

They are but it is a closed off stand meaning their own separate set of kiosks and staff. Which I am assuming would be needed anyway if the WAGS and family are going to be in there, so again why close it off to the great unwashed? With an open concourse like ours you only have to open two or three for the rest of the stadium and you can walk round and stand in a giant queue to get a dry arse hot dog or a shit cup of coffee, but again lower prices means everything you have bullet pointed would be improved. Look I am not saying £15 but if Crewe can do it why couldn't we? Again, we had to agree on Crewe doing that. There is zero logic from a TV perspective either. I mean that empty corner will look great on TV when corners are being taken in front of it and the camera zooms in to the corner taker. If you want to improve atmosphere (which I still say is an impossible task at our place) you need bums on seats £26 on the day is not going to improve that. We shall see what Tuesday morning brings as if we are winning the first leg there will be an uptick.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 47  Next