THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:14 am 

TheSpecialDon wrote:
I am astounded that people are considering not attending because they can't sit in Club Red. I understand that it is unexpected, unprecedented for the Club to do this, and a pretty serious inconvenience to some. This being the hot topic of discussion instead of the game itself and what's at stake is very poor and I hope it doesn't last much longer.

I'm aware it's not as much of a problem for those who sit in the Cowshed or East Stand. But to make a conscious decision to sit on your sofa and watch the game instead of attending a second leg of a play-off semi final, a hurdle we have fallen at so many times, agonisingly, is ridiculous.

There are so many people doing great work to get people in the ground, to reach new people around the city, and the fact that some "loyal" supporters don't want to attend our biggest game of the season because they have to sit on a different seat is ludicrous. It reflects the wider issues of this fanbase and why most are happy to accept failure season upon season as long as they can enjoy their prawn sandwich and free team sheet.

Get a grip, suck it up for one day of your life and enjoy watching us get to Wembley again at long last (I hope).

Wow, the sheer arrogance of this post.
Snide insinuations that people who are genuinely pissed about this and might stay away are somehow less loyal.
Calling people who are pissed about this ridiculous and ludicrous.
Suggesting people like me are quite happy with failure year after year.
Some batshit attempt at class warfare by implying that those in Club Red are some sort of toffs eating prawn sandwiches.

For the record I’ve bought 2 tickets in the East stand and will most certainly be at Wembley should we make it. But as I’ve said previously, this is the final straw on the camel’s back for me and I won’t be renewing my season ticket next year.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:16 am 

Bedfordian wrote:
Snide insinuations that people who are genuinely pissed about this and might stay away are somehow less loyal.
Some batshit attempt at class warfare by implying that those in Club Red are some sort of toffs eating prawn sandwiches.

For the record I’ve bought 2 tickets in the East stand and will most certainly be at Wembley should we make it. But as I’ve said previously, this is the final straw on the camel’s back for me and I won’t be renewing my season ticket next year.

If you keep hitting this many nails on this many heads, I've got some DIY I need doing. :D

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:24 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Bedfordian wrote:

If you keep hitting this many nails on this many heads, I've got some DIY I need doing. :D

Trust me you don’t want me anywhere near your DIY!

The tragedy with all of this is that Winkelman’s stupidity has managed to get fans at each other’s throats, and even if only a hundred or so stay away, he’s managed to reduce the attendance for the biggest game of the season. For every hundred that decide not to show that’s £2,500 not going into the club’s coffers, plus he’s £600 down from my season ticket next year. Suddenly those cost savings aren’t looking so clever.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:26 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Sorry, whilst I agree with a lot of your post, "it's not the same as earlier cup games" - well it isn't because it's a one of, but it is because it's pretty annoying having to move your seat and where you like to be for 3/4/5 games a season.
Playoff semi final or not, we go to football for different reasons. I like the people around me. I couldn't care less if we're playing Taunton or Tottenham, I get the same level of Saturday excitement to go and have a drink with my friends and see people I only see for a few hours a week. When it's forced upon you several times a year, it's really annoying but we've all had to get on with it for a long time

Err, when you’ve been moved out the Cowshed for cup ties, we have as well. I was shunted into the East for Taunton and the early Carabao ties.

So it is different as you’re sorted for this one.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 am 

TheSpecialDon wrote:
I am astounded that people are considering not attending because they can't sit in Club Red. I understand that it is unexpected, unprecedented for the Club to do this, and a pretty serious inconvenience to some. This being the hot topic of discussion instead of the game itself and what's at stake is very poor and I hope it doesn't last much longer.

I'm aware it's not as much of a problem for those who sit in the Cowshed or East Stand. But to make a conscious decision to sit on your sofa and watch the game instead of attending a second leg of a play-off semi final, a hurdle we have fallen at so many times, agonisingly, is ridiculous.

There are so many people doing great work to get people in the ground, to reach new people around the city, and the fact that some "loyal" supporters don't want to attend our biggest game of the season because they have to sit on a different seat is ludicrous. It reflects the wider issues of this fanbase and why most are happy to accept failure season upon season as long as they can enjoy their prawn sandwich and free team sheet.

Get a grip, suck it up for one day of your life and enjoy watching us get to Wembley again at long last (I hope).

Cheers Pete. You've convinced me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:41 am 

Gers wrote:
Cheers Pete. You've convinced me.

If you and I are agreeing on something, it's got to be really fucking bad. :lol:

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:56 am 

The people in the Cowshed do typically reek so I can understand why people would not be so happy to be sat within touching distance of some of those undesirables.

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:17 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Sorry, whilst I agree with a lot of your post, "it's not the same as earlier cup games" - well it isn't because it's a one of, but it is because it's pretty annoying having to move your seat and where you like to be for 3/4/5 games a season.
Playoff semi final or not, we go to football for different reasons. I like the people around me. I couldn't care less if we're playing Taunton or Tottenham, I get the same level of Saturday excitement to go and have a drink with my friends and see people I only see for a few hours a week. When it's forced upon you several times a year, it's really annoying but we've all had to get on with it for a long time

Err, when you’ve been moved out the Cowshed for cup ties, we have as well. I was shunted into the East for Taunton and the early Carabao ties.

So it is different as you’re sorted for this one.

I sit in the East Stand... I've already established earlier posts where me and my disabled father have had to walk from one side of the ground to the other to watch some Cup games, or dont come at all.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:24 pm 

Scum. wrote:
The people in the Cowshed do typically reek so I can understand why people would not be so happy to be sat within touching distance of some of those undesirables.

At least they don't reek of being entitled spoilt brats.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:25 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
APMKDon wrote:
As one who sits in the corner I am pissed off with the whe lot of shit from the club.
Everyone trying to get through gates 4 and 5
They could hardly manage it for the last 2 games so how do they propose to manage in on the night.

Twats complete and utter twats. I'll watch it from my house but I'll wear a white top for the hell of it
If u can't manage the club Pete then hurry up and sell it

This 'sell up' request seems to pop up more than ever over the last few years and I understand the reasons for that. I also understand how incredibly difficult it is to sell a football club to someone that is going to move the club forward and not take you into administration. You only have to look around at the owners of other clubs in the EFL to see how risky it is to sell and I for one, am happy that Pete isn't just going to hand the club over to anyone.

What Pete does need to do, is take a step back. Some of his decision making over the last few years has been pretty bizarre or he's been led down the wrong path by those he has recruited in front of him.

We've not had anyone competent since Andy Cullen left. The best signing Pete can make is getting someone of similar ilk in.

I still am confused who is going to buy us. It isn't risky to sell. I am sure Wrexham and Mansfield fans are testament to that. I mean even Crawley are seeing the benefit of new owners despite how batshit crazy they are. It is why would anyone want to buy a "scummy franchise" that the only part of the business that makes money is the hotel and that is if Inter MK sell it as a package. It would be mad to invest in something that would make you a loss each year.

Potential investors would need to see past the franchise crap and that will inevitably rule out some

Surely MK is a draw in some ways though....an expanding, affluent and modern city whose population is going to grow and grow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 47  Next