THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:41 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
APMKDon wrote:
As one who sits in the corner I am pissed off with the whe lot of shit from the club.
Everyone trying to get through gates 4 and 5
They could hardly manage it for the last 2 games so how do they propose to manage in on the night.

Twats complete and utter twats. I'll watch it from my house but I'll wear a white top for the hell of it
If u can't manage the club Pete then hurry up and sell it

This 'sell up' request seems to pop up more than ever over the last few years and I understand the reasons for that. I also understand how incredibly difficult it is to sell a football club to someone that is going to move the club forward and not take you into administration. You only have to look around at the owners of other clubs in the EFL to see how risky it is to sell and I for one, am happy that Pete isn't just going to hand the club over to anyone.

What Pete does need to do, is take a step back. Some of his decision making over the last few years has been pretty bizarre or he's been led down the wrong path by those he has recruited in front of him.

We've not had anyone competent since Andy Cullen left. The best signing Pete can make is getting someone of similar ilk in.

This, Gibb, Cove, Crampton, Sweeting and Bobby combined don't match how good Cullen was for us as a Club. He had no ego, no arrogance. Now we have to deal with people who don't care about us as fans and it's so mentally draining supporting us.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:52 am 

When Charlton were ground sharing with Palace fights broke out between a few individuals, on the basis of you're sitting in my seat, when they played each-other. How the fuck could that happen when the fixture list clearly states when Palace or Charlton were officially the 'home' team. However there's no reasoning with some people.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:55 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
APMKDon wrote:
As one who sits in the corner I am pissed off with the whe lot of shit from the club.
They could hardly manage it for the last 2 games so how do they propose to manage in on the night.

Twats complete and utter twats. I'll watch it from my house but I'll wear a white top for the hell of it

This 'sell up' request seems to pop up more than ever over the last few years and I understand the reasons for that. I also understand how incredibly difficult it is to sell a football club to someone that is going to move the club forward and not take you into administration. You only have to look around at the owners of other clubs in the EFL to see how risky it is to sell and I for one, am happy that Pete isn't just going to hand the club over to anyone.

What Pete does need to do, is take a step back. Some of his decision making over the last few years has been pretty bizarre or he's been led down the wrong path by those he has recruited in front of him.

We've not had anyone competent since Andy Cullen left. The best signing Pete can make is getting someone of similar ilk in.

I still am confused who is going to buy us. It isn't risky to sell. I am sure Wrexham and Mansfield fans are testament to that. I mean even Crawley are seeing the benefit of new owners despite how batshit crazy they are. It is why would anyone want to buy a "scummy franchise" that the only part of the business that makes money is the hotel and that is if Inter MK sell it as a package. It would be mad to invest in something that would make you a loss each year.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:59 am 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
APMKDon wrote:

I still am confused who is going to buy us. It isn't risky to sell. I am sure Wrexham and Mansfield fans are testament to that. I mean even Crawley are seeing the benefit of new owners despite how batshit crazy they are. It is why would anyone want to buy a "scummy franchise" that the only part of the business that makes money is the hotel and that is if Inter MK sell it as a package. It would be mad to invest in something that would make you a loss each year.

Can imagine it will only be someone with mega money from a film or music background that has been interested because of Wrexham's Hollywood story.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:04 am 

CleanDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
APMKDon wrote:

Can imagine it will only be someone with mega money from a film or music background that has been interested because of Wrexham's Hollywood story.

Or a multi million pound drinks company who already have sporting and business ties to the city and are already despised in another country despite taking said football club in that country from 4th tier to Champions League regulars.

In all seriousness it would take a Sir Jim Radcliff style person who is minted and already a fan or the aforementioned rich Hollywood type/big drinks company.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:06 am 

Most fans of other clubs couldn't give a flying fuck about the MK / WFC thing, even if Tooting like to thing they're everyone's favourite second club. Then there's the greater audience, potential investors, including those from overseas. Really if it's OK for the likes of Suzuki to have a long-term association with us, it really isn't off-putting, unless falling for the Toot's spin.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 am 

Council Kev wrote:
Most fans of other clubs couldn't give a flying fuck about the MK / WFC thing, even if Tooting like to thing they're everyone's favourite second club. Then there's the greater audience, potential investors, including those from overseas. Really if it's OK for the likes of Suzuki to have a long-term association with us, it really isn't off-putting, unless falling for the Toot's spin.

That's the point Suzuki are a worldwide company who can probably take the hit, but are there any overseas investors? One thing is to invest, its another to buy a loss making business, which is what the great unwashed seem to forget. Unless it is sold as a package arena/ground/hotel maybe even the bowl then you are not going to get much interest and don't delude yourself people from other clubs do care. They may not say it to your face as they are cowards. But look on any social media they think we are scum and that won't change.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:14 am 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
APMKDon wrote:

It's definitely risky to sell. Crawley town's situation should not be categorised as successful. I don't care if they won the league, their situation is dire and the chances of them being the next Bury next season are very high.

You name Wrexham and Mansfield and I'll name Reading and Wigan. For every success, there is at least 1 failure. Selling is risky.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:25 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
TheSpecialDon wrote:
I am astounded that people are considering not attending because they can't sit in Club Red. I understand that it is unexpected, unprecedented for the Club to do this, and a pretty serious inconvenience to some. This being the hot topic of discussion instead of the game itself and what's at stake is very poor and I hope it doesn't last much longer.

I'm aware it's not as much of a problem for those who sit in the Cowshed or East Stand. But to make a conscious decision to sit on your sofa and watch the game instead of attending a second leg of a play-off semi final, a hurdle we have fallen at so many times, agonisingly, is ridiculous.

There are so many people doing great work to get people in the ground, to reach new people around the city, and the fact that some "loyal" supporters don't want to attend our biggest game of the season because they have to sit on a different seat is ludicrous. It reflects the wider issues of this fanbase and why most are happy to accept failure season upon season as long as they can enjoy their prawn sandwich and free team sheet.

Get a grip, suck it up for one day of your life and enjoy watching us get to Wembley again at long last (I hope).

Lots of nonsense in this post.

> It isn't just Club Red, there are people in the Cowshed and East Stand who have had their own regular seats sold to other people, before they had the chance to secure them for themselves
> It's PW's fault that this is the 'hot topic of discussion'
> You don't get prawn sandwiches in CR, as far as I'm aware
> There are many perfectly legitimate grievances about this, which have been aired on this thread
> There aren't 'so many people doing great work to get people in the ground' - there's a few people at DonsAction and not much else
> There is no correlation between people not feeling like going to this game, and being 'happy to accept failure season after season'

Yeah this.

I was feeling much better today and as already said I've got my tickets and made the move. Posts like the top one pull me back into the rage zone. :x

I know it sounds dramatic and a bit like a tantrum but as someone whose always tried to defend the club it does feel like we've been shit on and left out to dry to fellow unaffected supporters ridicule. MKDSA, Supporters Board, come help me! (I don't include Dons Action in that as they are clearly Cowshed focused and that's fine)

As Dan said no prawn sandwiches, you don't even get a free team sheet anymore. It's been stripped back to lesser than the bare minimum.

In fact all you get for the vastly inflated price is a below average Guinness, an empty ballroom to sit in, a kiosk selling the admittedly very good MK Dons Burger at a horrific price and decent toilets. It's not everyone's favourite match experience for sure, but it's mine and I like it. (And people who know me on here will know I'm happy to mix my experiences now and then. ;) )

It's not the same as early round cup games and it's not the same as people from other areas being moved into Club Red for JPT or ladies games, it's a fucking play-off semi final and our biggest game of the season.

Bedfordian put it brilliantly and that's the same for me, people I was looking forward to seeing I won't now and that dilutes the experience for me and others in this section, there's no doubt about that.

I couldn't stay home, and I'm raging about that as well, that I have to attend due to my love for the club.

However, Mr Winks is coming to me in a month's time with a £700 bill for next year's season tickets for me and my lad. For the first time ever I'm questioning whether I could just simply split that 23 times and spend it every home game at the Legion playing darts and watching Soccer Special instead. How fucking tragic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:34 am 

Sorry, whilst I agree with a lot of your post, "it's not the same as earlier cup games" - well it isn't because it's a one of, but it is because it's pretty annoying having to move your seat and where you like to be for 3/4/5 games a season.
Playoff semi final or not, we go to football for different reasons. I like the people around me. I couldn't care less if we're playing Taunton or Tottenham, I get the same level of Saturday excitement to go and have a drink with my friends and see people I only see for a few hours a week. When it's forced upon you several times a year, it's really annoying but we've all had to get on with it for a long time

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 47  Next