THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 44  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:04 pm 

I'm boycotting the game.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:12 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
I'm boycotting the game.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:17 pm 

There was an above average crowd there today, had the game meant anything I think there would have been an above average atmosphere.

You need bums on seats and something to shout about for an atmosphere. The game should mean enough to get people shouting on 9th, but if the bums aren’t on the seats….

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:18 pm 

If this has been planned to look better on the telly, are Sky only using one camera from the gantry of the west stand so the viewers won’t see the empty west stand?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:05 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Sting wrote:
Lots of people on here and other places have been moaning that the club do nothing to try and improve the atmosphere at games. Plenty have also called for the corners to be shut.

Now the club does try something different, people complain about it.

People also say that they can't sit with their mates. You can buy 9 tickets each. I doubt there are many here that come in groups bigger than that.

Having said that, I do think it's a poor decision and our biggest game of the season is not the time to risk p!ssing off a lot of our crowd base.

Build an atmosphere by promoting the game and creating excitement, not by shutting half the ground.

Didn't you say earlier in this thread "shut the corners"?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:10 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
I'm boycotting the game.

Not the first person in this thread to say that, and that is one of the reasons we struggle to build our fan base.

Willing to miss the most important game of the season because you can't sit in you usual seat.

We go to some away grounds and struggle to see all the pitch, yet in our stadium the view is great wherever the seat is.

Does it really matter where you sit?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:19 am 

Sting wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
I'm boycotting the game.

Not the first person in this thread to say that, and that is one of the reasons we struggle to build our fan base.

Willing to miss the most important game of the season because you can't sit in you usual seat.

We go to some away grounds and struggle to see all the pitch, yet in our stadium the view is great wherever the seat is.

It does really. I like where i sit and I had to pay a considerable sum to do so for me and my lad. Now for thr biggest game of the season it’s not available, basically for some vanity optics nonsense.

The struggle to build the fanbase is partly down to pissing off sections of the paying support we do have at various times.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:29 am 

Towcestrian wrote:
Sting wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
I'm boycotting the game.

It does really. I like where i sit and I had to pay a considerable sum to do so for me and my lad. Now for thr biggest game of the season it’s not available, basically for some vanity optics nonsense.

The struggle to build the fanbase is partly down to pissing off sections of the paying support we do have at various times.

I disagree.

I also like my seats, I sit with my grandson and several friends every game. However, our seats are not available for certain cup games and won't be again for this.

Will it stop me going, definitely not.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:41 am 

Sting wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Sting wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
I'm boycotting the game.

I disagree.

I also like my seats, I sit with my grandson and several friends every game. However, our seats are not available for certain cup games and won't be again for this.

Will it stop me going, definitely not.

You aren't everyone.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:52 am 

Sting wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
I'm boycotting the game.

Ah sorry, this was a bit of a joke for those who know me personally like Dan. I won't be attending due to the 28 hour flight from NZ, however I'd have been rather pissed off if I was still about attending games.

Id never boycott a game due to seating options but yes it does matter where I sit. I'd say there for over a decade. I enjoy the view, my parents who attend feel comfortable, I enjoy chatting to the chap I've sat next to for years, I enjoy being able to climb out for a pint before half time without disturbing anyone. I've sat there and frequently objected to closing the corners because I enjoyed my home game experience there. Whilst I do understand the intentions of the club with the decision I think trying to encourage more casual fans and friends of supporters with ticket promotions and better advertising would he a better method than moving a few hundred people out of the corners.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 44  Next